Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hard Disk Check
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hard Disk Check Post 82117 by litch on Monday 29th of August 2005 05:23:08 AM
Old 08-29-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by muneebr
How can we check the number of hard disks (both internal & external) in a server, their capacity and serial number
linux, ide disk
Code:
ls -al /dev/hd*

freebsd, ide disk
Code:
ls -al /dev/ad*

the space
Code:
df -h

or http://www.debian.org/releases/woody/i386/fdisk.txt
You can use smartmontools for detailed info
http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check my hard disk is below 10%, and then send mail to superuser

how to write bash to superuser, when the disk space dips below 10% of the total by automatically sending an email? It is have any sample for reference (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foong
3 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hard Disk

I have a cuestion. How Can I to add other hard disk to my computer? I need to configurate anyone? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaraver
4 Replies

3. Solaris

how to reformat a hard disk

hi i need help on how to reformat a hard disk. what should i do since i don't have any bootable disk. i'm using solaris 1 & 2 and also need to make a backup copy of the current hard disk. appreciate all the help i can get... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_balodoy
14 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can i get hard disk usage

I want to get hard disk usage hard disk usage= already allocated/total allocated first I use ioscan -kfnC disk get disk name c#t#d# then I use diskinfo /dev/rdsk/c#t#d# but this command can only get total disk size,not disk usage has any command can get that thanks:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk at 99% Help!

:eek: I use this Solaris to run CMS a call acounting software package for my job. No one could run reports today because it said the this when you logged on "The following file systems are low, and could adversely affect server performance: File system /: 99%full" Can some one please explain... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannyisme
9 Replies

6. SCO

declare disk driver for IDE hard disk

hi I've a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.7 on the IDE hard disk. For SCSI hard disk I can declare, for example blc disk driver using: # mkdev hd 0 SCSI-0 0 blc 0but it works for IDE hard disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

7. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

8. BSD

Migrate a Hard Disk

hi Has anyone already tried to migrate a hard disk with FreeBSD using recoverdisk? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccc
1 Replies

9. AIX

Command to check the busy % for a hard disk device like hdisk5

Please help with command to check the busy % for a hard disk device like hdisk5 Best regards, Vishal (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to check overall hard disk utilization in UNIX?

how to check overall hard disk utilization in unix? we use bdf command to find the utilized space for the particular path bdf filepath how can i find overall hard disk utilization? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwanthfrq
4 Replies
dvdfs(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  dvdfs(4)

NAME
dvdfs - The Digital Versatile Disk File System [This feature is not supported in Tru64 UNIX Version 5.0] STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: ISO/ITEC 13346:1995 Optical Storage Technology Association (OSTA) Universal Disk Format (UDF) Specification, "OSTA UDF Compliant Domain", Version 2.00. ISO 9660:1988 Information Processing-Volume and file structure of CD-ROM for information interchange. Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The Digital Versatile Disk File System enables the reading of disks formatted in the Universal Disk Format (UDF). User data sectors in a DVD-ROM can contain any type of data in any format. However, for Tru64 UNIX support through the dvdfs file system, the OSTA UDF file format standard is mandatory. The file system limit for DVDFS is int cfs_cdfs_mount_limit = 512. Additionally, DVD-ROM standards require that the logical sector size and the logical block (the user data block) size be 2048 bytes. DVD support in the UDF specification includes these levels: DVD-ROM (Read-only): Supports reading of UDF-formated files from DVD-ROM disks. DVD-R (Write-once): Supports the reading of UDF-formated files from a DVD-ROM disk and supports writing, one time, UDF-formated files onto a DVD-ROM disk. DVD-RAM (Rewritable): Supports reading and writing of UDF-formated files from and to a DVD-ROM disk. At this time, the Tru64 UNIX dvdfs file system supports only the DVD-ROM (Read-only) format. See mount(8) for information about mounting and unmounting a dvdfs file system, fstab(4) for information about including dvdfs file system in a system's /etc/fstab file, and disklabel(8) for information about labeling DVD-ROM disks. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: disklabel(8), mount(8) Files: cdfs(4) fstab(4) delim off dvdfs(4)