Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: broadcast email???
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers broadcast email??? Post 8210 by solvman on Monday 8th of October 2001 11:09:42 AM
Old 10-08-2001
Question broadcast email???

Hi all,

How can i send email to all the users on a box?

Thank you all

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

broadcast address

What is the significance of the broadcast address? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to broadcast in Unix machine

How can I broadcast in a lonely Unix machine . One process can inform other processes in the same machine that something happened . Do not inform these processes one after another in a loop.You should inform other process whthin only one instuction. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
1 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

broadcast

Can anybody hellp me troubleshoot this error. Using HP-Uxix B.10.X " *****ARPA/9000 NETWORKING***** Mon Jun 30 SAT 2003 20:18:12.xxxxxxx DISASTER Subsys: NS_LS_PROBE LOC:01001 Network NS_LS_PROBE DISASTER 1001, pid arp: ether address is broadcast for IP address zzzzzzz! " where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SEB
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

network and broadcast address

Hi Suppose You have two computers. One named kenny which has an IP address of 192.168.0.7. kenny lives on a subnet with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.240. The second computer is called zathras, which has an IP address of 192.168.0.17, zathras lives on a network with the same subnet mask. i)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scofiled83
4 Replies

5. AIX

Hacmp broadcast error

Hello, I tried searching for the solution on the google...nothing so far... anyone know anything about this. Broadcast message from root@pr2serv (tty) at 00:01:04 ... Cluster Verification detected cluster configuration errors on node pr1serv. Detailed clverify output is available in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

6. Programming

How to broadcast a message ?

My problem definition is ,I have to send a message from one node in a network and it has to be broadcasted to all other nodes in the network.The program what I have given below will be running in all the nodes in the network.The same program should be capable of sending(broadcasting) and receiving.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigneshinbox
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

how to do udp broadcast with multithreading

hello to all i want to use multithreading to my UDP broadcast server client program. will anyone help me by proving C code. i am working in fedora. also my requirement is POSIX compliance.please help me..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moti12
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script broadcast email

Dear All need advice, I just want broadcast email with mail from shell script, where the script look up the file that contain email address and password #!/bin/bash SUBJECT="Mailserver Baru" ISIEMAIL="/tmp/emailmessage.txt" for a in `(sed 's/"//g;s/\,.*//g' $1)`; do echo > $ISIEMAIL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: survive
2 Replies

9. AIX

Broadcast on AIX

hello how to disable brodcast from AIX 5.3 ? user get on workstation massage from root thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
3 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)