Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How can I get Knoppix on HDD
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How can I get Knoppix on HDD Post 82090 by shade11 on Sunday 28th of August 2005 02:26:00 PM
Old 08-28-2005
Error How can I get Knoppix on HDD

Umm How can I get the Knoppix can be booted off my hard drive instead of the CD. I dont like using the CD. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help running Knoppix

i need help running Knoppix on my comp (which is windows). I have the cd with the iso on it and it works on my moms computer but not mine :( this is what it says to do How do I run KNOPPIX? In order to start the CD, first adjust the boot list in the BIOS Setup of your computer to boot from CD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smokinchili21
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KNOPPIX CD not Booting

I have downloaded KNOPIIX and burned it on a CD, it niether boots from CD nor could I open the file, it seems the extension is .iso, would you mind sending me your comment,please. Thank you very much (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir
2 Replies

3. Debian

knoppix version?

hi all again!! just a stupide question: how do you find the version of a knoppix? like the /etc/mandrake-release on mdk machines?? I have no idea of where to search.. Jason (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About the usage of knoppix

I hv boot my crashed RH server with knoppix linux cd , the server can connect internet now , I want to copy some files from my server to internet , but now I only found the below device path , could suggest how can I see my original path (eg. /home/ , /usr , / tmp etc, because I hv some important... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

5. SuSE

knoppix

Hi, I want to learn linux but I don't want to install on my hard drive. I came to know about knoppix that could give me the answer. But If I download the same (approx 700 MB) from free download site and copy it to CD, Will it work ? please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knoppix

Hello All, I have a Knoppix CD. I am able to boot Knoppix(Linux) from the CD. How do I save a document that I created using OpenOffice(Writer) to either my harddrive on Windows or to a USB instead of the CD itself. I am new to Knoppix and am not sure of the GUI. I tried mounting the USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnilAnand
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Old HDD copy to new HDD ? im lost...

Over the last few months the HDD spins louder and louder, so I fiqured its time to replace the HDD. Its been running 24/7/365 since 98 :eek:. yes i said since 98 :D I have an IBM system 43P Model 240. 233 MHz. running AIX Version 4. The current HDD is an IBM DGHS COMP IEC -950 FRU PN#... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chevy89rocks
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Knoppix; What's the gist of it.

I have a couple of Rescue Disks I was experimenting with and someone suggested that I use Knoppix instead. I have the newest version of it and it seems more like an Emergency O.S than anything else. The only useful tool I can find on it is Gparted. Do you have to add Emergency Applications to it? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
5 Replies

9. AIX

IBM AIX Internal HDD vs SAN HDD and Oracle

Hi Folks, I am facing an issue with the performance. P4 with 1 processor and 16 GB RAM and SAN HDD = Oracle report takes 25 minutes P5 with 2 processors and 16 GB RAM internall HDD with LPAR = Oracle Report takes 1 hour 15 minutes ( please note I have assigned all the max processors and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)