Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming fwrite throws segmentation fault Post 81934 by andryk on Thursday 25th of August 2005 08:33:28 AM
Old 08-25-2005
Maybe some of those ptrs point to illegal memories ...
try writing with open/write/close only and see if sigsev occur again on writing data, if so, some ptrs may be erronous Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

hello all, I tried a program on an array to intialise array elements from the standard input device.it is an integer array of 5 elements.but after entering the 4th element it throws a message called "Segmentation Fault" and returns to the command prompt without asking for the 5th element. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
3 Replies

2. Programming

Hi! segmentation fault

I have written a program which takes a directory as command line arguments and displays all the dir and files in it. I don't know why I have a problem with the /etc directory.It displays all the directories and files untill it reaches a sub directory called peers which is in /etc/ppp/peers.the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

3. Programming

segmentation fault

ive written my code in C for implementation of a simple lexical analyser using singly linked list hence am making use of dynamic allocation,but when run in linux it gives a segmentation fault is it cause of the malloc function that ive made use of????any suggestions as to what i could do??? thank... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockgal
8 Replies

4. Programming

segmentation fault in fwrite function

Hi, my code is written in proC and it is in UNIX(AIX).I have written a small code for writing data into a binary file,but while writing my program is giving core dump. Here Is my code---- fpWriteFile = fopen(WriteFileName,"wb+"); CHAR *recvgen; recvgen = (char... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
7 Replies

5. Programming

Segmentation fault in C

i have this code int already_there(char *client_names, char *username) { int i; for(i = 0; i<NUM; i++) { printf("HERE\n"); if (strcmp(client_names, username)==0) return(1); } return(0); } and i get a segmentation fault, whats wrong here? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

segmentation fault with ps

What does this mean and why is this happening? $ ps -ef | grep ocular Segmentation fault (core dumped) $ ps -ef | grep ocular Segmentation fault (core dumped) $ ps aux | grep ocular Segmentation fault (core dumped) $ ps Segmentation fault (core dumped) $ pkill okular $ ps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation fault

#include<stdio.h> #include<malloc.h> #include<unistd.h> #include<stdlib.h> void *start_1(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); pthread_exit((void*)1); } void *start_2(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); return (void*)2; }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincent__tse
2 Replies

8. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Segmentation Fault

this is a network programming code to run a rock paper scissors in a client and server. I completed it and it was working without any error. After I added the findWinner function to the server code it starts giving me segmentation fault. -the segmentation fault is fixed Current problem -Also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: femchi
3 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
GETFIELDS(2)							System Calls Manual						      GETFIELDS(2)

NAME
getfields, getmfields, setfields, tokenize - break a string into fields SYNOPSIS
#include <u.h> #include <libc.h> int getfields(char *str, char **ptrs, int nptrs) int getmfields(char *str, char **ptrs, int nptrs) char* setfields(char *fielddelim) int tokenize(char *str, char **args, int max) DESCRIPTION
Getfields breaks the null-terminated string str into at most nptrs null-terminated fields and places pointers to the start of these fields in the array ptrs. It returns the number of fields and terminates the list of pointers with a zero pointer. It overwrites some of the bytes in str. If there are nptr or more fields, the list will not end with zero and the last `field' will extend to the end of the input string and may contain delimiters. A field is defined as a maximal sequence of characters not in a set of field delimiters. Adjacent fields are separated by exactly one delimiter. No field follows a delimiter at the end of string. Thus a string of just two delimiter characters contains two empty fields, and a nonempty string with no delimiters contains one field. Getmfields is the same as getfields except that fields are separated by maximal strings of field delimiters rather than just one. Setfields makes the field delimiters (space and tab by default) be the characters of the string fielddelim and returns a pointer to a string of the previous delimiters. Tokenize breaks null-terminated string str into tokens by replacing every blank or newline with a null byte. Pointers to successive non- empty tokens are placed in args. Processing stops after max tokens are processed. Tokenize returns the number of tokens processed. Tok- enize does not terminate args with a null pointer. Alef Of these routines, only tokenize is in Alef. SOURCE
/sys/src/libc/port/getfields.c /sys/src/libc/port/tokenize.c SEE ALSO
strtok in strcat(2) GETFIELDS(2)