Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to pass integer
Special Forums IP Networking how to pass integer Post 81906 by ramneek on Thursday 25th of August 2005 02:36:13 AM
Old 08-25-2005
how to pass integer

i am writing a client and server program

client program

main()

{
int sockfd,n;
char str[20];
struct sockaddr_in sock;

if ((sockfd=socket(AF_INET,SOCK_STREAM,0))<0)
{
perror("SOCKET ERROR");
}

bzero(&sock,sizeof(sock));

sock.sin_family=AF_INET;
sock.sin_port=7500;
sock.sin_addr.s_addr=inet_addr("192.127.137.251");

if(connect(sockfd,(struct sockaddr*)&sock,sizeof(sock))<0)
{
perror("CONNECT ERROR :");
}

strcpy(str,"i am here");
write(sockfd,(char *)str,strlrn(str)+1);

//close(sockfd);

socket program

main()
{
int sockfd,connfd,clientlen;
char str[20];
struct sockaddr_in sock,client;

if((sockfd=socket(AF_INET,SOCK_STREAM,0))<0)
{
perror("SOCKET ERROR ");
}

bzero(&sock,sizeof(sock));

sock.sin_family=AF_INET;
sock.sin_port=7500;
sock.sin_addr.s_addr=inet_addr("192.127.137.251");

if((bind(sockfd,(struct sockaddr*)&sock,sizeof(sock)))<0)
{
perror("BIND ERROR:");
}

listen(sockfd,3);

clientlen=sizeof(client);

if((connfd=accept(sockfd,(struct sockaddr*)&client,&clientlen))<0)
{
perror("CONNECTION ERROR :");
}

read(connfd,(char *)str,20);
printf("%s ",str);

close(connfd);
close(sockfd);
}

now the problem is i have to pass a integer or bool variable rather than string
how can i do this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pf not working properly even with only "pass in all" and "pass out all" rules

i have two rules in my pf.conf file, "pass in all" and "pass out all" i was having issues with getting pf working to begin with, so i went with starting from nothing and working on up. i have an ultrasparc ultra1 200e, with an added 4-port fast ethernet sbus card, running "3.4 GENERIC#85... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get integer part

Hi, I did a df|awk| command and it returns a percentage "94%", how could I only get the integer part "94" out of it, so I can compare it to another number, I knwo that I have to pipe it to sth, but "grep " did not work, it still give me number WITH the percentage, does someone know what... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericaworld
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot store integer value

Hi , I have code like below in my ksh script, but getting an error as SP2-0253: data item 1 ("SAMPLE_ID") will not fit on line , pls help me. thanks. if (( CHECKS == 0 )) || (( CHECKS == 1 )) then V_SAMPLE_ID=$( $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -S / <<EOF whenever sqlerror exit 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bennichan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse an integer

i have created a script that will reverse any given ineter. #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter the number" read n if then a=`expr $n / 10` b=`expr $n % 10` c=`expr $b \* 10 + $a` fi echo $c --------------------------------------------------------------------- the problem with this script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

integer to string

Hi all, is there an easy way to convert integer to string in bash? I have numbers like 1, 2, ..., 112, ... and I would like to get 001 002 003 004 ... Thank you, Sarah (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alphanumeric to integer

Hi folks, I have a value like A12,i could able to change this into integer using typeset as below typeset -i A12 But, I need your advice to change the values like 1A2 or 12A into integer. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Sathish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsathishmca
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to Use a Variable as Integer?

hello, i am writing a script that takes the UID from the PASSWD and then i want to increse the Number by one. for the Next user. i cannot get this to work that a variable is as interger example: set i = 0 set $i = $+1 it's in tcsh if it's mather (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatztal
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert to Integer

Hi fellows!! i'm doing something which is not working out for me properly which i don't understand why nowdate=`date +%s` echo $nowdate now the problem how to convert a date which is stored in a variable mydate="22/Oct/2011" mydate=`date -d '$mydate' +%s` it gives error... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_newbie
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

10. Programming

Are These All The Integer Types In C

Hello and Good day, I am currently studying C and I just finished learning about variables mainly those of integer type. I am wondering if the list below are all there is to integer variables and there are still more that i have to learn. Here are the list: Char Short int long long long... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: split_func0
3 Replies
SENDMMSG(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       SENDMMSG(2)

NAME
sendmmsg - send multiple messages on a socket SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE /* See feature_test_macros(7) */ #include <sys/socket.h> int sendmmsg(int sockfd, struct mmsghdr *msgvec, unsigned int vlen, unsigned int flags); DESCRIPTION
The sendmmsg() system call is an extension of sendmsg(2) that allows the caller to transmit multiple messages on a socket using a single system call. (This has performance benefits for some applications.) The sockfd argument is the file descriptor of the socket on which data is to be transmitted. The msgvec argument is a pointer to an array of mmsghdr structures. The size of this array is specified in vlen. The mmsghdr structure is defined in <sys/socket.h> as: struct mmsghdr { struct msghdr msg_hdr; /* Message header */ unsigned int msg_len; /* Number of bytes transmitted */ }; The msg_hdr field is a msghdr structure, as described in sendmsg(2). The msg_len field is used to return the number of bytes sent from the message in msg_hdr (i.e., the same as the return value from a single sendmsg(2) call). The flags argument contains flags ORed together. The flags are the same as for sendmsg(2). A blocking sendmmsg() call blocks until vlen messages have been sent. A nonblocking call sends as many messages as possible (up to the limit specified by vlen) and returns immediately. On return from sendmmsg(), the msg_len fields of successive elements of msgvec are updated to contain the number of bytes transmitted from the corresponding msg_hdr. The return value of the call indicates the number of elements of msgvec that have been updated. RETURN VALUE
On success, sendmmsg() returns the number of messages sent from msgvec; if this is less than vlen, the caller can retry with a further sendmmsg() call to send the remaining messages. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
Errors are as for sendmsg(2). An error is returned only if no datagrams could be sent. VERSIONS
The sendmmsg() system call was added in Linux 3.0. Support in glibc was added in version 2.14. CONFORMING TO
sendmmsg() is Linux-specific. NOTES
The value specified in vlen is capped to UIO_MAXIOV(1024). EXAMPLE
The example below uses sendmmsg() to send onetwo and three in two distinct UDP datagrams using one system call. The contents of the first datagram originates from a pair of buffers. #define _GNU_SOURCE #include <netinet/ip.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> int main(void) { int sockfd; struct sockaddr_in sa; struct mmsghdr msg[2]; struct iovec msg1[2], msg2; int retval; sockfd = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0); if (sockfd == -1) { perror("socket()"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } sa.sin_family = AF_INET; sa.sin_addr.s_addr = htonl(INADDR_LOOPBACK); sa.sin_port = htons(1234); if (connect(sockfd, (struct sockaddr *) &sa, sizeof(sa)) == -1) { perror("connect()"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } memset(msg1, 0, sizeof(msg1)); msg1[0].iov_base = "one"; msg1[0].iov_len = 3; msg1[1].iov_base = "two"; msg1[1].iov_len = 3; memset(&msg2, 0, sizeof(msg2)); msg2.iov_base = "three"; msg2.iov_len = 5; memset(msg, 0, sizeof(msg)); msg[0].msg_hdr.msg_iov = msg1; msg[0].msg_hdr.msg_iovlen = 2; msg[1].msg_hdr.msg_iov = &msg2; msg[1].msg_hdr.msg_iovlen = 1; retval = sendmmsg(sockfd, msg, 2, 0); if (retval == -1) perror("sendmmsg()"); else printf("%d messages sent ", retval); exit(0); } SEE ALSO
recvmmsg(2), sendmsg(2), socket(2), socket(7) Linux 2014-07-08 SENDMMSG(2)