Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issues using ssh from crontab to run remote script from Post 81778 by frustrated1 on Wednesday 24th of August 2005 03:48:42 AM
Old 08-24-2005
Any SSH guru's out there that can lend a hand?

I had this type of issue before but the SSH versions were different on each server. This time they are the same but still having issues..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Closing ssh when process run on remote

Hi! I currently run a very long script (two hour left...) on a remote computer through a ssh session. I wonder whats happend if I close the ssh session, or even, the terminal. Is the script running on remote will stop? Thanks for your answers, Tp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tipi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to run a script over ssh, having issues with tty assignment

Hey folks! I'm trying to run a tcpdump command that monitors for possible malicious traffic. I want to be able to run this on any of several remote boxes that I monitor which all have different capture interfaces. I've gotten the script to the point where it logs into the box and attempts to run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JASI
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ability to run sas prog on remote server using SSH

Hi, I am trying to run a sas prog on a remote server using ssh. I have got the command that I am using in the below paragraph. With it, I was able to run shell scripts but when I tried 'sas' it errored out. I have got my keys exchanged so when I say ssh serverA I automatically connect to my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolavi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Remote login to VIO's (padmin) and run oem_setup_env

Hello all, I have been trying to run commands that collect basic info from the VIO's The issue I am having is setting the env with the "oem_setup_env" after I login as "padmin". I usually do the following: ssh server command ssh root@server date , but I need to login set the env and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfezz1
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use ssh to run shell script on a remote machine?

how to use ssh to run shell script on a remote machine? ssh user@remote sh ./script.unx i ran the above command ./script.unx HAS NOHUP COMMAND IN ITS BODY, I AM GETTING ERROR AS NOHUP NOT FOUND... i tried to run that script from remote server, its working fine do ineed to set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

Remote ssh execution and .profile issues

Greetings, i'm currently having issues in successfully executing a script from one server to other, and i'm cracking my nut in understanding why. Let's get started with the default info: Server A: briozzo@A:/home/briozzo $ uname -a HP-UX A B.11.31 U ia64 2787251109 unlimited-user license ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbriozzo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script fails to run properly when run from CRONTAB

Hello all, I'm trying to write a script to gather and send data and it works just fine at the bash command line, but when executing from CRON, it does not run properly. My scripting skills are pretty limited and there's probably a better way, but as I said it works at the command line, but... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rusman
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run commands on remote server using ssh password less authentication?

Hi, I need to run a script located in a directory on remote server by using ssh authentication from my local unix server. Can anyone help me in this. I have tried the below command. It worked for echo command but when i tried to open a file using cat command it is showing "cat: cannot open... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote script over ssh execution issues.

If I execute below code I am able to get string from column8 and column10 about a process. serverA1$> ps -ef | grep rotate | grep 'config' | awk '{print $8" "$10}' /<Oracle_home>/ohs/bin/odl_rotatelogs -h:/<app_Home>/config/OHS/ohs1/component_events.xml_ohs1... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Run a script at remote server without ssh password

Hello, What I want to do is to run a file on remote server by running a script at localhost but script should not ask ssh password of my remote server when script is executed. Scenario1: To copy files from server2 to data server:$ scp -r root@server2_ip:/var/www/html/*.* /var/ When I enter... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies
SSLH(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  SSLH(1p)

NAME
sslh - Switch incoming connection between SSH and SSL/HTTPS servers SYNOPSIS
sslh [ -v ] [ -p [host:]port ] [ -t timeout ] [ --ssh [host:]port ] [ --ssl [host:]port ] DESCRIPTION
sslh is a simple script that lets you switch an incoming connection on a single port between distinct SSH and SSL/HTTPS servers. sslh listens for connections on a port and is able to redirect them either to an HTTPS web server or a SSH server. This lets one setup both a HTTPS web server and a SSH server and access them through the same host+port. OPTIONS
The program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes. -p, --port [host:]port The port the proxy will listen to. If no port is given, 443 is used by default. If no host is given, "localhost" is used by default. -s, --ssh [host:]port The SSH server which the SSH connections must be forwarded to. If omitted, the default is localhost:22. -l, --ssl, --https [host:]port The HTTPS server which the HTTPS connections must be forwarded to. If omitted, the default is localhost:443. -t, --timeout delay Timeout in seconds before a silent incoming connection is considered as a SSH connection. The number can be fractional. The default is 2seconds. -v, --verbose Verbose output. This option can be used several times for more verbose output. EXAMPLE OF USE
Is this tool actually useful? Yes. For example one can use it to access both a SSH server and a secure web server via a corporate proxy that only accepts to relay connections to port 443. Creating a tunnel that passes SSH connection through a CONNECT-enabled web proxy is easy with connect-tunnel (also included in the "Net::Proxy" distribution). The proxy will let both SSH and HTTPS connections out (since they all point to port 443), and the home server will connect those incoming connections to the appropriate server. This only requires to run the HTTPS server on a non standard port (not 443). TECHNICAL NOTE
How can this proxy find out what kind of protocol is using a TCP connection to port 443, without being connected (yet) to the server? We actually rely on a slight difference between the SSL and SSH protocols (found thanks to ethereal): SSH Once the TCP connection is established, the server speaks first, presenting itself by saying something like: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.6.1p2 Debian 1:3.6.1p2-1 SSL With SSL, it's always the client that speaks first. This means that sslh can be used with any pair of protocols/services that share this property (the client speaks first for one and the server speaks first for the other). AUTHORS
Original idea and C version Frederic Ple "<sslh@wattoo.org>". Perl versions Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat "<book@cpan.org>". SCRIPT HISTORY
Version 0.01 of the script was a quick hack designed in 2003 as a proof of concept. Version 0.02 (and higher) are based on "Net::Proxy", and included with the "Net::Proxy" distribution. Version 0.02 didn't work, though. Version 0.03 correctly initialised the "in" connector. Version 0.04 lets the proxy listen on any address (instead of "localhost", which is still the default). Thanks to Dieter Voegtli for spotting this. SEE ALSO
Net::Proxy, Net::Proxy::Connector::dual. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003-2006, Philippe Bruhat. All rights reserved. LICENSE
This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-10-18 SSLH(1p)