Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Updating GCC in Linux
Top Forums Programming Updating GCC in Linux Post 81738 by mimino on Tuesday 23rd of August 2005 05:54:30 PM
Old 08-23-2005
Data Updating GCC in Linux

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to update GCC on my computer. It looks that the current GCC installation is not complete. What shall I do with the old GCC? Shall I uninstall it before installing a new one?

Mandrake Linux 10.1
Current GCC 3.4.1
The version being installed -- GCC 3.4.4.

Thanx, M.M.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux GCC

Ok, i got a problem... I am trying to get the preinstalled Gcc running on my redhat linux 9 from linuxiso.org The problem is, gcc wont load or sumthin I cannot seem to get it running from "run program" in the menu. I also tried to check /usr/bin to see if it was even there.... Seems like it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gearshifter
7 Replies

2. SuSE

Linux gcc

Hi all, I am trying to create 64-bit shared libraries on Power PC "ppc64" architecture SuSe Linux 10 machine using gcc compiler. I am using "-m64" as an option for gcc to create 64-bit libraries which needs pam module. As we specify -m64 the compiler should look for all 64-bit... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyshu2112
0 Replies

3. Linux

gcc updation on Linux machine

Hi All, I already have gcc complier installed in my machine. Its version is : gcc version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5) I am not sure whethere it's is latest gcc version available. I want to update my gcc version. Can anyone please suggest me what is the latest and stable gcc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bisla.yogender
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for updating the comments field on /etc/passwd on redhat linux

Hi there, I have more that 300 servers that I need to updated the comments field on /etc/passwd for users that have a blank comments fields. The users have accounts on different servers. I have created a list of these users on a text file called update_passwd.txt. I need a script that will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Duke
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

GCC compiler on linux box

Hi All, My main aim is to find the version of GCC compiler installed on linux box. Case 1: When i use gcc -v i get the foll. O/P Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux7/2.96/specs gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-128) case 2: when i use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating Software on Linux Servers

If I want to install a newer version of a software that comes with the linux distribution (like python for example), can I do it or only the system admin can? I don't have root access. Thanks! R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rachel Ross
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing gcc on RHEL4 Linux

Hi, I'm a newbie in this forum and a newbie with administering Linux. I need to install gcc 3.4.6-10 and I've downloaded and installed the rpm, but it seems that it did not do anything. # rpm -ivh gcc-3.4.6-10.src.rpm 1:gcc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarrk
3 Replies

8. Programming

Porting ofstream attach() in linux gcc

Hi We have a huge codebase in HP-UX and we are porting them in RH-Linux. I am facing the problem of making the following code work in gcc - ofstream ofs; int fd = open(fileName, openState, openMode)); func(fd); ...... ...... const Boolean func(const int fileDescriptor) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsinha
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux server not showing the GCC

Hi How can gcc is missing in linux ?i think we dont need to install it separately , can anyone please clarify when i issue a gcc command my terminal displays "If 'gcc' is not a typo you can run the following command to lookup the package that contains the binary: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

GCC compiler installation on Linux OS

Need assistance in getting a GCC compiler on linux server . I wanted to install GCC compiler under local user . System doesnt have any compiler . Is there a way to get a compiler installed without a root user, cant install using (rpm, yum ) When I try to compile the gcc source i get the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
7 Replies
ABS(3)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    ABS(3)

NAME
abs, labs, llabs, imaxabs - compute the absolute value of an integer. SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> int abs(int j); long int labs(long int j); long long int llabs(long long int j); #include <inttypes.h> intmax_t imaxabs(intmax_t j); DESCRIPTION
The abs() function computes the absolute value of the integer argument j. The labs(), llabs() and imaxabs() functions compute the absolute value of the argument j of the appropriate integer type for the function. RETURN VALUE
Returns the absolute value of the integer argument, of the appropriate integer type for the function. CONFORMING TO
SVID 3, POSIX.1, BSD 4.3, ISO/IEC 9899 (C99). POSIX.1 (1996 edition) only requires the abs() function. ISO/IEC 9899:1990 (C89) only includes the abs() and labs() functions; the functions llabs() and imaxabs() were added in C99. NOTES
Trying to take the absolute value of the most negative integer is not defined. The llabs() function is included in glibc since version 2.0, but is not in libc5 or libc4. The imaxabs() function is included in glibc since version 2.1.1. For llabs() to be declared, it may be necessary to define _ISOC99_SOURCE or _ISOC9X_SOURCE (depending on the version of glibc) before including any standard headers. GCC handles abs() and labs() as builtin functions. GCC 3.0 also handles llabs() and imaxabs() as builtins. SEE ALSO
ceil(3), floor(3), fabs(3), rint(3) GNU
2000-12-17 ABS(3)