Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ODBC Driver for UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ODBC Driver for UNIX Post 81715 by doctorofstyle on Tuesday 23rd of August 2005 12:43:05 PM
Old 08-23-2005
ODBC Driver for UNIX

I have no experiance in Unix and I am trying to help our DBAs set up a connection from a Unix Oracle box to a DB2 database on an AS400 server. Does anyone know where I might find a good generic ODBC driver for Unix that should be able to connect to AS400? Any links to sites that would help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

MP3 driver for Unix

I need to play mp3 sound files on unix platform. Is there any mp3 drivers available for unix (rue unix-64 and unixware 7.0)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parbende
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ODBC on UNIX

I see several questions regarding setting up ODBC on UNIX machines but I don't see any replies. I always thought ODBC was only possible on Windows machines, but I've recently heard drivers do exist for ODBC on UNIX. Does anyone know any more details about this: How to set up ODBC on UNIX, web sites... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggmar
1 Replies

3. Linux

Port Linux Driver to Unix

I looking for someone who can help me port a Linux Driver to a OpenBSD( OS X ) Unix Driver. The driver is for a Logic Controls LD9000 USB Customer Display. The currently don't have a driver for the mac operating system, but they do however have one for the Linux OS. So, I am just trying to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghost1
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_hashref failed: [unixODBC][Oracle][ODBC]Numeric value out of r

Here is part of my program code: #Collect the output of test database and count the no #of rows too while(my @array = $tstDbStatementHandle->fetchrow_array) { push @tstDbOutputArray,; $tstDbOutputRows++; } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerstephen
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle by using ODBC on UNIX

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to connect to Oracle database which is installed on WINDOWS machine. I dont have Oracle client installed on my AIX so i can't use SQLPLUS command. But ODBC to connect to Oracle is configured on my UNIX server. Can any one help me with the steps of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raamc
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unix ODBC Issues

Hello, I'm trying to get an ODBC connection to Oracle 10g database by following the below steps: 1. Downloaded UnixODBC 2.2.14 binary and extracted the contents 2. Added the following lines to /etc/profile: LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/optware/unixODBC/lib/" export LD_LIBRARY_PATH... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sviswa30
0 Replies

7. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Linux ODBC driver issue

Hi Gurus, I have a odbc in Linux. when I run command ldd. I got following result: # ldd DWora26.so linux-vdso.so.1 => (0x00007fff26355000) libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007fc31e70a000) librt.so.1 => /lib64/librt.so.1 (0x00007fc31e501000) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ken6503
1 Replies

9. Linux

How to change ODBC Driver Manager?

Hi Forum. I have been searching this information for a while but to no avail. I'm running the following command odbcinst -j on a Linux box and get the following: unixODBC 2.3.0 DRIVERS............: //opt/Progress/DataDirect/Connect64_for_ODBC_71/odbcinst.ini SYSTEM DATA SOURCES:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies
PDO_IBM-DSN(3)								 1							    PDO_IBM-DSN(3)

PDO_IBM DSN - Connecting to IBM databases

The PDO_IBM Data Source Name (DSN) is based on the IBM CLI DSN. The major components of the PDO_IBM DSN are:

o DSN prefix
		- The DSN prefix is ibm:.

o DSN
		- The DSN can be any of the following:

o a) Data source setup using
		       db2cli.ini or odbc.ini

o b) Catalogued database name i.e. database alias in the DB2 client catalog

o c) Complete connection string in the following format: DRIVER={IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER};DATABASE=
		       database;HOSTNAME=  hostname;PORT= port;PROTOCOL=TCPIP;UID= username;PWD= password; where the parameters represent the fol-
		       lowing values:

o $database
			      - The name of the database.

o $hostname
			      - The hostname or IP address of the database server.

o $port
			      - The TCP/IP port on which the database is listening for requests.

o $username
			      - The username with which you are connecting to the database.

o $password
			      - The password with which you are connecting to the database.

Example #1

PDO_IBM DSN example using db2cli.ini

The following example shows a PDO_IBM DSN for connecting to an DB2 database cataloged as DB2_9 in db2cli.ini:

$db = new PDO("ibm:DSN=DB2_9", "", "");

[DB2_9]
	      Database=testdb
	      Protocol=tcpip
	      Hostname=11.22.33.444
	      Servicename=56789

Example #2

PDO_IBM DSN example using a connection string

The following example shows a PDO_IBM DSN for connecting to an DB2 database named testdb using the DB2 CLI connection  string  syn-
	      tax.

$db = new PDO("ibm:DRIVER={IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER};DATABASE=testdb;" .
		"HOSTNAME=11.22.33.444;PORT=56789;PROTOCOL=TCPIP;", "testuser", "tespass");

PHP Documentation Group 													    PDO_IBM-DSN(3)