Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find -mtime off by one day?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find -mtime off by one day? Post 81607 by ceanntrean on Monday 22nd of August 2005 11:36:53 AM
Old 08-22-2005
No, the man pages don't describe this. I based my code on the man pages and now I have to change to it use n-1 instead of n. Who controls the Unix man pages and how do I get updates?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find . -mtime

...what am i doing wrong?? I need to find all files older than 30 days and delete but I can't get it to pull details for ANY + times. The file below has a time stamp which is older than 1 day, however if I try and select it using any of the -time flags it just doesn't see it. (the same thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topcat8
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with find and mtime

I am using HP-UNIX , The below command doesnt display anything although i have changed a file in the directory by toutch -t 200010101800 nfile find /tmp/transfer/ -name "*.*" -mtime +1 Any problrm with the find command i written . .Please help ??.. Thanks, Arun (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find -mtime query

Hello everyone, I have got two queries: 1) I want to do some work on files that were last modified yesterday. Will find ... -mtime -2 be correct or -mtime-1? 2)What about finding files that were modified today? Will it be -mtime -0 or -mtime -1? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajat
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(find) mtime vs. (unix) mtime

Hi I've made some test with perl script to learn more about mtime... So, my question is : Why the mtime from findfind /usr/local/sbin -ctime -1 -mtime -1 \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*.gz" \) -print are not the same as mtime from unix/linux in ls -ltr or in stat() function in perl : stat -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -mtime +7

Dear all, find $ADMIN_DIR/$SID/arch/ -name '*.gz' -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \; is it retaining 7 days OR 8 days .gz files ? Thanks Prakash (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashoracledb
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find using mtime

Hi, so I was using mtime and its not behaving the way I would think its supposed too. I have two pdf files. One modified today and another 6 months ago. I upload them to the solaris server. Then I run the below find statements. This finds my 2 files find *.pdf -type f -name '*.pdf' this finds... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find by name and mtime

Hi, I'm trying to find all files that have a .ksh and .p extension and that are 7 days old by using the below find command but it doesn't seem to as expected. It gives me random results.. Can someone point out what may be wrong? find . -name "*.ksh" -o -name "*.p" -mtime -7 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find with mtime option

Hi, Please give me more details on the following examples, about "mtime" option. When I try this, I could not get the expected output, please help. find . -mtime -1 -print find . -mtime +1 -print find . -mtime 1 -print How do I get the files modified between two dates, say from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)						     Debhelper						     DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)

NAME
dh_installmanpages - old-style man page installer (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_installmanpages [debhelperoptions] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmanpages is a debhelper program that is responsible for automatically installing man pages into usr/share/man/ in package build directories. This is a DWIM-style program, with an interface unlike the rest of debhelper. It is deprecated, and you are encouraged to use dh_installman(1) instead. dh_installmanpages scans the current directory and all subdirectories for filenames that look like man pages. (Note that only real files are looked at; symlinks are ignored.) It uses file(1) to verify that the files are in the correct format. Then, based on the files' extensions, it installs them into the correct man directory. All filenames specified as parameters will be skipped by dh_installmanpages. This is useful if by default it installs some man pages that you do not want to be installed. After the man page installation step, dh_installmanpages will check to see if any of the man pages are .so links. If so, it changes them to symlinks. OPTIONS
file ... Do not install these files as man pages, even if they look like valid man pages. BUGS
dh_installmanpages will install the man pages it finds into all packages you tell it to act on, since it can't tell what package the man pages belong in. This is almost never what you really want (use -p to work around this, or use the much better dh_installman(1) program instead). Files ending in .man will be ignored. Files specified as parameters that contain spaces in their filenames will not be processed properly. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)