Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Perl Installing, Uninstalling Post 81605 by Unbeliever on Monday 22nd of August 2005 11:32:24 AM
Old 08-22-2005
DBD::mysql is a perl module which it sounds like you need to install. You should be able to install it quite happily without uninstalling/re-instaling perl.

If have already setup security on your mysql server then you'll have to install it manually. You can get it from www.cpan.org. Read the README first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-Installing Perl

I changed a few perl modules that it seems I should not have... Any way that I can re-install perl from scratch? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl Modules

I have a script that uses the File::Listing module. I am trying to install it, but I read the ReadMe and it states that the following modules should be installed first: URI MIME-Base64 HTML-Parser libnet Digest-MD5 Compress-Zlib I am very new to Perl and would apprciate anyone's input on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I use a Perl Module without installing it?

I am trying to write a program that will use templates, so I figured I would use the Text::Template CPAN module... ...only problem is that I cant force my "clients" to install this module, cause they are clueless. Is there anyway that I can NOT install it for the whole machine, but install it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl DBI and DBD

Hi, i have some queries on installing the Perl DBI and the DBD Oracle. I know that i have to install the DBI first. I have the source files in a folder in my home directory.The commands to install arecd /home/DBI Perl Makefile.PL make make installI would like to know, after executing these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl Module

Hi All, When I tried to install Math::Pari module in a AIX 5.3 server,I am getting the following error. # pwd /usr/local/bin # cd Math-Pari-2.010709 # perl Makefile.PL Did not find GP/PARI build directory around. Do you want to me to fetch GP/PARI automatically? (If you do not, you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjithss
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing perl modules

I resulted to using /usr/sfw/bin/gmake to install my perl modules until i ran into a problem installing perl/Tk Tk-804.028 gmake: Entering directory `/export/home/Tk-804.028/pod' Sorry no HTML building yet gmake: Leaving directory `/export/home/Tk-804.028/pod' I dont unstand what the error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameskay
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl/Tk in x86_64

Hi, experts, I am trying to intall Perl/Tk module (Tk-804.028 ) into Perl5.6.1, however, the directory structure seems to be different from i386 than x86_64 and the installation keeps failing. Is this a known/common issue? Or does anyone has any workaround for this? ~* Dniz *~ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dniz
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

installing perl modules

Hi All, I have a customer asking me to install these perl modules on redhat 4 ent: File::Temp Getopt::Long DBD::mysql Mail::Mailer DBD::DB2 Any idea how can I install those modules. Thanks for any comment you may add. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing perl module

Hi, I want to install WWW:Mechanize module. Followed the following steps: 1. wget http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/C/CO/CORION/Bundle- WWW-Mechanize-Shell-0.29.tar.gz perl Makefile.PL make make test make install (Got the below message) Appending installation info to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in installing perl *.pm files

Hi, I need to install Sys::HostAddr inorder to run the following command: perl -le 'use Sys::Hostaddr; print Sys::HostAddr->new->main_ip' I tried installing this package using CPAN by using the following command: $ sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell cpan> install Sys::HostAddr But still I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary `$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version `$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory `$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by con- ducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module `bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$mod- ule_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by con- ducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl header `$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; Correct by running h2ph over your system's C header files. If necessary, edit the resulting *.ph files to eliminate perl syntax errors. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 PERLIVP(1)