Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX To link a filesystem to a directory Post 81501 by odashe on Sunday 21st of August 2005 01:34:23 PM
Old 08-21-2005
Sorry, I did not quite understand your problem.
You have two file systems mounted in the direcories sapdata1 and sapdataA which are in the directory /oracle/dir1, right?
Both sapdata1 and sapdataA are real directories, not links.
What do you see now when you do this:
cd /oracle/dir1
ls -l
?
Could you please email me if you answer. I am not visiting the site often.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how link directory

I want to link directory to another directory pls confirm whether i am doing correct or not I want to link test directory to another hist directory /users/test/ ln -s /users/hist pl confirm (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getdpg
1 Replies

2. AIX

Filesystem creation over existing Directory

Is it possible to create a Filesystem with the mount point over an existing Directory, without loosing the data in the Directory? eg:- /u01 -> /pmmpd/u01 (Directory with soft link) /pmmpd/u01 (Need to create this filesystem, without loosing data) Thanks TheDoc (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheDoc
0 Replies

3. Solaris

soft link for directory in root FS

Hi, In root folder there is one directory "/usr/sap/P38/TRX00/index" as the data is going to increase so to aviod root fs become 100% full ,we have to create one soft link that would point to another point mount created with on same disk ultimatly that New Fs(/test) will store data instead of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Link to a directory

Hi Experts, Is there any way to link the contents (subdirectories/files) of a existing directory A to another existent directory B.. The relative path of /root/Directory A/ Directory A |__ Subdirectory A1 |__File A |__File B |__ Subdirectory A2 |__File A ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
6 Replies

5. AIX

link directory across server

Hi All, I have directory "A" on server "1". I also have directory "B" on Server "2" I need to link these 2 directories "A" and "B" which are across servers. Is it possible? If so, can somebody help me on this? Thanks in advance. Mugundan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdarm
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hard link a directory

Is it possible to Hard link a directory? Some people on google say it is possible and some say it is not possible. I haven't seen a working solution though. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic link for an existing directory

Hi , i am trying to make a symbolic link for an existing directory, but i am facng some problems regarding the usage of command. If there is no directory i can make a symbolic link, but for an existing directory i am not able to. can anyone post me the exact usage if we already have the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahasra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on checking for directory or symbolic link

Hi, Can anyone please advise why the following is not working as I expected it to be? Test script as below: #!/bin/ksh for checkdir in dir* do echo "Checking ${checkdir}" if ; then echo "... ${checkdir} is a directory" elif Output from sample run as below: $:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Create a Link for a directory

Hi, I need to create a link as stagein01 for the /p11/prod/stagein01/. Please let me know the procedure for the same. Regards, VN (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
5 Replies

10. AIX

Mounting a directory in a filesystem

Hi All, Recently I came to know my / root file system is getting full because of application directory /siebel/ I have one option. 1) Down the application , take full backup 2)change the filesystem ownership 2)copy the contents into that filesystem cp -pr /siebel/* /siebelfs/* 3)Inform... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
9 Replies
BTRFSCTL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       BTRFSCTL(8)

NAME
btrfsctl - control a btrfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
btrfsctl [ -d file|directory ] [ -s snapshot-name directory ] [ -S subvolume-name directory ] [ -r [+-]size ] [ -A device ] [ -a ] [ -c ] DESCRIPTION
btrfsctl is used to control the filesystem and the files and directories stored. It is the tool to create a new snapshot for the filesys- tem. OPTIONS
-d file|directory Defragment a file or a directory. If the argument is a directory, the entire b-tree under the directory is defragged. -s snapshot-name directory Creates a new snapshot of the directory specified. -S subvolume-name directory Creates a new subvolume. -r [+|-]size Resizes the filesystem with the size specified. If the value is preceded with a signed symbol, the filesystem is resized with respect to the current filesystem size. size can be suffixed by k,m or g to represent kilobytes, megabytes, or gigabytes respec- tively. -A device Scans the device for btrfs filesystem. -a Scans all devices present in the system for btrfs filesystem. -c Forces a filesystem sync. AVAILABILITY
btrfsctl is part of btrfs-progs. Btrfs is currently under heavy development, and not suitable for any uses other than benchmarking and review. Please refer to the btrfs wiki http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org for further details. SEE ALSO
mkfs.btrfs(8) BTRFSCTL(8)