Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX To link a filesystem to a directory Post 81501 by odashe on Sunday 21st of August 2005 01:34:23 PM
Old 08-21-2005
Sorry, I did not quite understand your problem.
You have two file systems mounted in the direcories sapdata1 and sapdataA which are in the directory /oracle/dir1, right?
Both sapdata1 and sapdataA are real directories, not links.
What do you see now when you do this:
cd /oracle/dir1
ls -l
?
Could you please email me if you answer. I am not visiting the site often.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how link directory

I want to link directory to another directory pls confirm whether i am doing correct or not I want to link test directory to another hist directory /users/test/ ln -s /users/hist pl confirm (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getdpg
1 Replies

2. AIX

Filesystem creation over existing Directory

Is it possible to create a Filesystem with the mount point over an existing Directory, without loosing the data in the Directory? eg:- /u01 -> /pmmpd/u01 (Directory with soft link) /pmmpd/u01 (Need to create this filesystem, without loosing data) Thanks TheDoc (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheDoc
0 Replies

3. Solaris

soft link for directory in root FS

Hi, In root folder there is one directory "/usr/sap/P38/TRX00/index" as the data is going to increase so to aviod root fs become 100% full ,we have to create one soft link that would point to another point mount created with on same disk ultimatly that New Fs(/test) will store data instead of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Link to a directory

Hi Experts, Is there any way to link the contents (subdirectories/files) of a existing directory A to another existent directory B.. The relative path of /root/Directory A/ Directory A |__ Subdirectory A1 |__File A |__File B |__ Subdirectory A2 |__File A ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
6 Replies

5. AIX

link directory across server

Hi All, I have directory "A" on server "1". I also have directory "B" on Server "2" I need to link these 2 directories "A" and "B" which are across servers. Is it possible? If so, can somebody help me on this? Thanks in advance. Mugundan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdarm
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hard link a directory

Is it possible to Hard link a directory? Some people on google say it is possible and some say it is not possible. I haven't seen a working solution though. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic link for an existing directory

Hi , i am trying to make a symbolic link for an existing directory, but i am facng some problems regarding the usage of command. If there is no directory i can make a symbolic link, but for an existing directory i am not able to. can anyone post me the exact usage if we already have the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahasra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on checking for directory or symbolic link

Hi, Can anyone please advise why the following is not working as I expected it to be? Test script as below: #!/bin/ksh for checkdir in dir* do echo "Checking ${checkdir}" if ; then echo "... ${checkdir} is a directory" elif Output from sample run as below: $:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Create a Link for a directory

Hi, I need to create a link as stagein01 for the /p11/prod/stagein01/. Please let me know the procedure for the same. Regards, VN (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
5 Replies

10. AIX

Mounting a directory in a filesystem

Hi All, Recently I came to know my / root file system is getting full because of application directory /siebel/ I have one option. 1) Down the application , take full backup 2)change the filesystem ownership 2)copy the contents into that filesystem cp -pr /siebel/* /siebelfs/* 3)Inform... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
9 Replies
scandir(3)						     Library Functions Manual							scandir(3)

NAME
scandir, alphasort - Scans or sorts directory contents LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/dir.h> int scandir ( char *dir_name, struct dirent * (*name_list[ ]), int (*select) ( struct dirent *dir ), int (*compare) ( struct dirent **dir1, struct dirent **dir2 ) ); int alphasort ( struct dirent **dir1, struct dirent **dir2 ); PARAMETERS
Points to the directory name. Points to the array of pointers to directory entries. Points to a user-supplied function that is called by the scandir() function to select which entries to include in the array. Points to a user-supplied function that sorts the completed array. Points to a dirent structure. Points to a dirent structure. DESCRIPTION
The scandir() function reads the directory pointed to by the dir_name parameter. It then uses the malloc() function to create an array of pointers to directory entries. The scandir() function returns the number of entries in the array and, through the name_list parameter, a pointer to the array. The select parameter points to a user-supplied function that the scandir() function calls to select which entries to include in the array. The selection routine is passed a pointer to a directory entry and returns a nonzero value for a directory entry that is included in the array. If the select parameter is a null value, all directory entries are included. The compare parameter points to a user-supplied function that is passed to the qsort() function to sort the completed array. If the compare parameter is a null value, the array is not sorted. The memory allocated to the array can be deallocated by freeing each pointer in the array, and the array itself, with the free() function. The alphasort() function alphabetically compares the two dirent structures pointed to by the dir1 and dir2 parameters. This function can be passed as the compare parameter to either the scandir() function or the qsort() function. A user-supplied subroutine may also be used. RETURN VALUES
The scandir() function returns -1 if the directory cannot be opened for reading or if the malloc() function cannot allocate enough memory to hold all the data structures. If successful, the scandir() function returns the number of entries found. The alphasort() function returns the following values: Less than 0 (zero): The dirent structure pointed to by the dir1 parameter is lexi- cally less than the dirent structure pointed to by the dir2 parameter. 0 (zero): The dirent structures pointed to by the dir1 parameter and the dir2 parameter are equal. Greater than 0 (zero): The dirent structure pointed to by the dir1 parameter is lexically greater than the dirent structure pointed to by the dir2 parameter. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: malloc(3), opendir(3), qsort(3) delim off scandir(3)