Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RUN OUT SPACE (Root)
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory RUN OUT SPACE (Root) Post 81415 by scorpiyanz on Friday 19th of August 2005 10:34:06 AM
Old 08-19-2005
Lightbulb HIDE User Name 'n' password

hi ,

how can i hide the user name and password in a script during FTP

hlp me out !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running out of Space (Root)

Hi, I m working on about 16 Unix Servers, Sometime a file is generated in the root names STA, which causes the root to run out of space within few seconds ,,, and the server crashes..... hlp me out to find why the file is generated , what does it contain 'n' what is the cause ! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpiyanz
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk space for root partition

Hello, I am trying to monitor disk space for each node on the machine. I am able to get all individual nodes but for the '/' node. For example: df -k: bash-2.05b# df -k Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/xxx 4127108 2415340 1502120 62% / /dev/yyy ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating space in root folder

Hi , I was wondering if anyone knows any great ways for creating space in your Root Folder. My root folder was created with only 247.7MB & I found out that its now full & I was initially wondering how important the "thumbnails Folder" was & if it was alright to delete their contenses as I noticed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

6. SCO

root out of space in sco 5

DEAR Team, I need some help in sco open server 5 while booting server beloow message giving server HTFS no space dev HD 1/42 Thanks Skb (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run a bash script that logs on as a non-root user and runs script as root

So I have a script that runs as a non-root user, lets say the username is 'xymon' . This script needs to log on to a remote system as a non-root user also and call up a bash script that runs another bash script as root. in short: user xymon on system A needs to run a file as root user and have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: damang111
2 Replies

8. Linux

How to increase root space from another partition?

Hi OS Experts I would like to increase root partition from another partition so that I can save more documents in Home and Desktop. whether it is possible without formating root partition if so please explain here is o/p of df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda9... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
8 Replies

9. Linux

Filesystem / (root) run ouf of space

Good evening, I've got a question, in our production system there is an application called Intermediate which ftp service is the core to to send back and forth from/to diferent destinations Gradually FS / was ruuning out space and we took a long time to figure out what precesses were eating up... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
9 Replies

10. Solaris

How to use space in /tmp to increase root?

Hello All, I have solaris server running, uname -a SunOS host 5.9 Generic_112233-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 8.7G 1.0G 90% / /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s3 4.3G 7.7M 4.2G ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
17 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)