Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 7 Sparc 5
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solaris 7 Sparc 5 Post 81384 by kisoun on Friday 19th of August 2005 01:54:52 AM
Old 08-19-2005
The force were with me.

Unbeliever thank you very much for your help, and advices.
I uninstalled and reinstalled everything.

IT finished with ./configure yesterday, and make also, without errors.

now i'm making install, and hope that mysql, apache, php will co-operate.

Thanks again.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9 x86 and Sparc?

Hi, What is the difference between Solaris 9 x86 and Sparc besides the hardware. Is all the command the same or there are a difference? Plus where can go to get more information on the differences. Many thanks, -n (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Insomniac
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Samba on Solaris 9, Sparc.

hi guys, This is prolly more of a dummies question, but here goes. I want to make my Ultra 5 workstation into a samba server. I have solaris 9 installed with the latest patch cluster. if I do: pkginfo | grep samba I get : # pkginfo | grep samba system SUNWsmbac ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 7 Sparc 5

First of all, I want to salute everybody. Since a week ago I put myself many troubles. :) I decide to install Solaris 7, in a sun sparcstation 5, with raid5. And I don't know almost anything about unix systems, not only Solaris. :) I want to install mysql, apache, php4. I'm not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kisoun
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris for a training: PC vs Sparc

I need a computer to try Solaris. I'm learning with UNIX Academy training DVDs and after spending much time with Linux I want to try and learn on Solaris. I'll have to buy a computer for my training anyway. I found on ebay plenty of inexpensive Sun boxes. Would it be beneficial for learning to have... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
26 Replies

7. Solaris

How to read this Solaris version:-Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC?

Hi Guys, Could you please tell me how to read this Solaris version:- Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 SPARC GUI

Hi, Is there anyway to install gui without using update from internet? I mean from DVD or other local disc install. Most of tutorial i forund, they show install gui using pkg update from internet. But now our server not yet have internet because ISP does not provide yet. Please show me the... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
18 Replies
CPANPLUS::Dist::MM(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     CPANPLUS::Dist::MM(3)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Dist::MM - distribution class for MakeMaker related modules SYNOPSIS
$mm = CPANPLUS::Dist::MM->new( module => $modobj ); $mm->create; # runs make && make test $mm->install; # runs make install DESCRIPTION
"CPANPLUS::Dist::MM" is a distribution class for MakeMaker related modules. Using this package, you can create, install and uninstall perl modules. It inherits from "CPANPLUS::Dist". ACCESSORS
parent() Returns the "CPANPLUS::Module" object that parented this object. status() Returns the "Object::Accessor" object that keeps the status for this module. STATUS ACCESSORS
All accessors can be accessed as follows: $mm->status->ACCESSOR makefile () Location of the Makefile (or Build file). Set to 0 explicitly if something went wrong. make () BOOL indicating if the "make" (or "Build") command was successful. test () BOOL indicating if the "make test" (or "Build test") command was successful. prepared () BOOL indicating if the "prepare" call exited successfully This gets set after "perl Makefile.PL" distdir () Full path to the directory in which the "prepare" call took place, set after a call to "prepare". created () BOOL indicating if the "create" call exited successfully. This gets set after "make" and "make test". installed () BOOL indicating if the module was installed. This gets set after "make install" (or "Build install") exits successfully. uninstalled () BOOL indicating if the module was uninstalled properly. _create_args () Storage of the arguments passed to "create" for this object. Used for recursive calls when satisfying prerequisites. _install_args () Storage of the arguments passed to "install" for this object. Used for recursive calls when satisfying prerequisites. METHODS
$bool = $dist->format_available(); Returns a boolean indicating whether or not you can use this package to create and install modules in your environment. $bool = $dist->init(); Sets up the "CPANPLUS::Dist::MM" object for use. Effectively creates all the needed status accessors. Called automatically whenever you create a new "CPANPLUS::Dist" object. $bool = $dist->prepare([perl => '/path/to/perl', makemakerflags => 'EXTRA=FLAGS', force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) "prepare" preps a distribution for installation. This means it will run "perl Makefile.PL" and determine what prerequisites this distribution declared. If you set "force" to true, it will go over all the stages of the "prepare" process again, ignoring any previously cached results. When running "perl Makefile.PL", the environment variable "PERL5_CPANPLUS_IS_EXECUTING" will be set to the full path of the "Makefile.PL" that is being executed. This enables any code inside the "Makefile.PL" to know that it is being installed via CPANPLUS. Returns true on success and false on failure. You may then call "$dist->create" on the object to create the installable files. $href = $dist->_find_prereqs( file => '/path/to/Makefile', [verbose => BOOL]) Parses a "Makefile" for "PREREQ_PM" entries and distills from that any prerequisites mentioned in the "Makefile" Returns a hash with module-version pairs on success and false on failure. $bool = $dist->create([perl => '/path/to/perl', make => '/path/to/make', makeflags => 'EXTRA=FLAGS', prereq_target => TARGET, skiptest => BOOL, force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) "create" creates the files necessary for installation. This means it will run "make" and "make test". This will also scan for and attempt to satisfy any prerequisites the module may have. If you set "skiptest" to true, it will skip the "make test" stage. If you set "force" to true, it will go over all the stages of the "make" process again, ignoring any previously cached results. It will also ignore a bad return value from "make test" and still allow the operation to return true. Returns true on success and false on failure. You may then call "$dist->install" on the object to actually install it. $bool = $dist->install([make => '/path/to/make', makemakerflags => 'EXTRA=FLAGS', force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) "install" runs the following command: make install Returns true on success, false on failure. $bool = $dist->write_makefile_pl([force => BOOL, verbose => BOOL]) This routine can write a "Makefile.PL" from the information in a module object. It is used to write a "Makefile.PL" when the original author forgot it (!!). Returns 1 on success and false on failure. The file gets written to the directory the module's been extracted to. perl v5.16.3 2013-05-20 CPANPLUS::Dist::MM(3)