Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memory used by a process
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Memory used by a process Post 81363 by Karma on Thursday 18th of August 2005 06:01:57 PM
Old 08-18-2005
top allows sorting my memory usage. hit 'h' when in top for more info. KDE has a nice GUI 'task manager' for such things, and I'm sure gnome and a few others do too; check your documentation.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory used by a particular process

how to get memory used by a particular process in unix? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprogrammer
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory in Use by a process

How do I find the amount of memory being consumed by a particular process on AIX 5L.. Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khopdi
0 Replies

3. AIX

Process using the most memory

Hi:- Is there an easy way to find out which process is consuming the most memory on an AIX server? Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: janet
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory usage of a process

hi all, i want to write a script that checks the memory usage of processes and send a mail with the name of the process witch is using more then 300mb RAM. dose anybody have a sample script or an idea how i can make it ? PROCCESSES="snmpd sendmail" for myVar in $PROCCESSES do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafil
7 Replies

5. AIX

Process consuming most memory

How can i find the processes that is consuming most memory? I tried TOPAS and SVMON and this didn't gave me the desired result. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shabu
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitor Memory of a process

Hi, I need to monitor the memory usage of a particular process continuously. As of now I am using the following command: ps -fu <user name> -o pid,comm,vsz | grep <process_name> | grep -v grep The output of this command gives me what i need except i want the output to keep getting updated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: archana485
3 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Memory types of process

Hi, I often hear about different types of memory statistics related to a process. e.g. resident memory, virtual memory and native memory. Can anybody please explain whats exact difference between each of them? Thanks, Pradip (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradip
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

see the entire memory of a process

How to see the entire memory of a process in hex? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vistastar
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

CPU and memory utilization of a process, by process name

Can someone please help me with a script that will help in identifying the CPU & memory usage by a process name, rather than a process id.This is to primarily analyze the consumption of resources, for performance tweaking. G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

10. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies
Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)                                       Tk Library Procedures                                      Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_MoveToplevelWindow - Adjust the position of a top-level window SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(tkwin, x, y) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for top-level window to move. int x (in) New x-coordinate for the top-left pixel of tkwin's border, or the top-left pixel of the decorative border supplied for tkwin by the window manager, if there is one. int y (in) New y-coordinate for the top-left pixel of tkwin's border, or the top-left pixel of the decorative border supplied for tkwin by the window manager, if there is one. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
In general, a window should never set its own position; this should be done only by the geometry manger that is responsible for the win- dow. For top-level windows the window manager is effectively the geometry manager; Tk provides interface code between the application and the window manager to convey the application's desires to the geometry manager. The desired size for a top-level window is conveyed using the usual Tk_GeometryRequest mechanism. The procedure Tk_MoveToplevelWindow may be used by an application to request a particular position for a top-level window; this procedure is similar in function to the wm geometry Tcl command except that negative offsets cannot be speci- fied. It is invoked by widgets such as menus that want to appear at a particular place on the screen. When Tk_MoveToplevelWindow is called it does not immediately pass on the new desired location to the window manager; it defers this action until all other outstanding work has been completed, using the Tk_DoWhenIdle mechanism. KEYWORDS
position, top-level window, window manager Tk Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)