Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Space in the directory name
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Space in the directory name Post 8135 by nitin on Saturday 6th of October 2001 04:32:24 AM
Old 10-06-2001
I had thought of deleting all the files older than a week. But, Netscape (mail server) creates some control files (e.g. __GENNAME__, __lock__, etc.) in the Trash directory of users. If removed users won't be able to see the Folders at client end (and raise hell on me! Smilie ). I could look into your script and tell it not to delete the files starting with "__".
Thanks a lot though. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space left under current directory

What utility (or combination of utilities) can I use to find out how much disk space a directory and its subdirectories take up. I currently am using 'df' to see partition space/size, 'ls' doesn't seem like displaying directory info TIA SmartJuniorUnix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check directory space?

Is there some command I can use to check to see if there is 2 Gig of space available in a directory before I created a 2 Gig file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Space Used by Directory Tree

Can someone tell me how I can determine how much space (blocks) have been used by a given directory tree? I periodically need to know how much space is consumed by a directory and all of its files and subdirectories and their files in either KB or blocks. I have tried df and du but these do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnk99
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I increase disk space available to a directory?

I know very basic Unix commands s I would really appreacite the assistance of a Unix guru. I am installing an application on a Sun server, when attempting to install I get an error that says I do not have enough sapce allocated for my install directory. Error says it has 7235m but needs 15360m.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhack
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space issue with Directory

Hi, How can I check whether a directory has enough space to create file? I have checked the space is availabe in the file system. For example: the directory /var/tmp resides in root file system. In the root file system currently 20% (5.5gb) space availabe. but how can I check the in the /var/tmp,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

/boot directory out of space

We applied updates on saturday and noted that we have used 97% of our /boot directory. How can I tell what files i can keep or get rid of in this directory? or how can I increase the size of this partition. Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 9) 2.4.21-57.ELsmp Thank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redac
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the free space of a particular directory

Hi Guys, I want to find the free space of a particular directory,, Regards, Magesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding space to a directory?

I need to add space to certain directory. I believe I need to add space to the filesystem this directory belongs to. How can I find out what filesystem this directory belongs to? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display all directory/sub directory with occupied space?

Hello, I am using Red Hat linux system. I see my /work directory has used space 300GB. But there are so many sub directory under /work. I want to list each direcotry and under all subdirectory. But i want to know how much space occupied by each directory. What kind of command i can use to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handle space in directory name

I have two servers in subject, say server1 and server2. I have shell scripts on server1. We have a directory on server2 from where the files need to be scp to server1. The directory on server2 is having space in its name. I have script on server1 that takes the directory path of server2 as a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Longfellow
4 Replies
deluser.conf(5)                                                 File Formats Manual                                                deluser.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/deluser.conf - configuration file for deluser(8) and delgroup(8). DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/deluser.conf contains defaults for the programs deluser(8) and delgroup(8). Each option takes the form option = value. Dou- ble or single quotes are allowed around the value. Comment lines must have a hash sign (#) at the beginning of the line. deluser(8) and delgroup(8) also read /etc/adduser.conf, see adduser.conf(5); settings in deluser.conf may overwrite settings made in adduser.conf. The valid configuration options are: REMOVE_HOME Removes the home directory and mail spool of the user to be removed. Value may be 0 (don't delete) or 1 (do delete). REMOVE_ALL_FILES Removes all files on the system owned by the user to be removed. If this option is activated REMOVE_HOME has no effect. Values may be 0 or 1. BACKUP If REMOVE_HOME or REMOVE_ALL_FILES is activated all files are backuped before they are removed. The backup file that is created defaults to username.tar(.gz|.bz2) in the directory specified by the BACKUP_TO option. The compression method is chosen to the best that is available. Values may be 0 or 1. BACKUP_TO If BACKUP is activated, BACKUP_TO specifies the directory the backup is written to. Default is the current directory. NO_DEL_PATHS A list of regular expressions, space separated. All files to be deleted in course of deleting home directories or deleting files owned by the user to be deleted are checked against each of these regular expressions. If a match is detected, the file is not deleted. Defaults to a list of system directories, leaving only /home. In other words: By default only files below /home belonging to that specific user are going to be deleted. ONLY_IF_EMPTY Only delete a group if there are no users belonging to this group. Defaults to 0. EXCLUDE_FSTYPES A regular expression which describes all file systems which should be excluded when looking for files of a user to be deleted. Defaults to "(proc|sysfs|usbfs|devpts|tmpfs|afs)". FILES
/etc/deluser.conf SEE ALSO
adduser.conf(5), delgroup(8), deluser(8) Debian GNU/Linux Version 3.116ubuntu1 deluser.conf(5)