Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Invoke java program in different processc d Post 81285 by blowtorch on Thursday 18th of August 2005 12:47:05 AM
Old 08-18-2005
In a script, every command that is run is run with a different pid as the shell that interprets the script forks and executes the various commands that it finds.
The olny commands that do not have a different pid are shell builtins such as 'cd'.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke java program in script

Hey all, My boss tasked me with the job to write a script which would invoke various java programs, the thing is I don't know much about shell scripting so would you experts help me out? Here is the requirement - 2 applications written in java: App_A and App_B -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i run java program from any where

Hello all sorry didnt know where to post it i compiled simple program that using "System.getProperty("user.dir");" now i compiled the program under directory foo and and its running great when i do "java myapp" i included this directory in the $PATH env variable so i could see it fro any where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke perl program from Ksh

Hi all, Can I invoke a perl script from Ksh script and pass parameters to the perl script. Please do help me.. thanks Maha (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to invoke a perl script from java program

Hi: I need to invoke a perl script from a java applet program in UNIX operating system.. Can you please suggest me!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajesh_955
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to invoke remote java program from ssh

How can i invoke java program from MC1, when I connect remotely to execute can I set classpath etc. ____________ <-------------->____________________ |..................|<-------------->|...............................| |..................|<-------------->|...............................|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishnu559
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invoke unix script using c program

hi i want to invoke a unix script in a C program and also return some value from the script to the C program to use that value further. Basically i am doing a Lookup operation in this unix script and returning the looked up data from a oracle database table.. please help me invoke as well... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: somi2yoga
1 Replies

7. Programming

need logic for java program

Hi All, I need to to wright a java programm for the following query. Qus: output need to genarate a number+ alphnumric sequence in java and get converted into ASCII code so that i can use mod logic on that. example Output: like 10 digit number 1AAAAAAAAA 1AAAAAAAAB 1AAAAAAAAC . .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Khandare
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script of invoke an email program

Is it possible that a shell script invokes a windows mailing application like Lotus Notes and creates a mail and sends it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to invoke external program and capture its output

Hi all, I am using an external binary to view memory starting from a specific address and i want to automate this via PERL however there are problems. Hope you can help me ..thx The output of the programme is like below: bash-3.2$ mem_disp 12B21D20 100 Opening RO Data Memory File scp.ro... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekckabatop
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while Invoke Shell Script function from Java Program

Hi, I have create a Shell Script, with one function. I want to call the script file in Java Program. It working fine. but the problem is the function in the Shell Script is not executed. Please suggest me, Regards, Nanthagopal A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
2 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)