Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LV corrupted
Operating Systems AIX LV corrupted Post 81260 by Alfredo Jimenez on Wednesday 17th of August 2005 07:11:08 PM
Old 08-17-2005
LV corrupted

I'm getting the following error after we replaced a failed disk in a mirrored logical volume. We cleared the device entry in ODM before adding the new disk but when we create the mirror we get the following error after running lslv.

0516-022 lslv: Illegal parameter or structure value.
0516-304 lslv: Unable to find device id 0001709371ad1252 in the Device
Configuration Database.

I already exportedvg and importedvg but didn't work. And I also ran the syncvg, synclvodm but it didn't solve the problem =(

Any suggestions?

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

kernerl corrupted

hi , how do i get boot on sco5.04 if it has a kernel corruption . and no kernel backup . is there any option on the boot : before i hit enter ? thx art :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: art_malabanan
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Could be a corrupted file?

Hello! Do you know the meaning of... "crw-rw---- 1 informix informix 64 0x020001 Jan 21 2004 rifxroot" I don't know what the first "c" means. Furthermor, if I try to copy this file (rifxroot) it appears a message: "cp: cannot open rifxroot: No such device or address" I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaugrs
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Corrupted Hard Drive

I am running FC-7 which I realize is an older distro. But my question would apply to any distro. I ran fsck on my mounted file system (I know, I shouldn't have). Now it won't boot. I get a kernel panic message. I booted to a Knoppix Live Cd. The desktop icon shows /dev/sda2 mounted at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2buck56
4 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

/etc/name_to_sysnum corrupted

Hi all , i have an issue in netra 20 server when i boot the system its getting rebooting and it is giving tha" /etc/name_to_sysnum " file not found i done OK> boot -ar then also not solved please can any body send the answer ASAP regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wkbn86
3 Replies

5. Solaris

corrupted motherboard

hi i have a sun server V890 and i added two cpu/memory modules to it but it caused the motherboard to become corrupted could you please help me find what causes this problem and how to avoid it because i changed the corrupted motherboard and i want to do the expansion and I'm scared that ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bahjatm
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cronjob corrupted

dear all , i was trying to run a cron as root , something happened because it displayed "/tmp/crontabC5a4lB" 14 lines, 495 characters cron may not be running - call your system administrator does anyone knows the problems? thanks ---------- Post updated at 01:05 PM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
2 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris 10 corrupted repository.db

Recently had a SAN issue which somehow resulted in my repository.db getting corrupted. I tried using the restore_repository script as suggested by the OS. This did not work due to / being in read only. Per instructions I ran /lib/svc/method/fs-root. This seemed to work. Now on to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KSFlyer
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passwd Utility Corrupted

I have a legacy Solaris 8 machine. Someone has overwitten the passwd utility so I now can't change passwords. Is there somwhere I can download a copy? I do have the installation CDs as well. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hawess
1 Replies

9. Hardware

Files getting corrupted

$ uname -a Linux darksun 3.13.0-36-generic #63-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 3 21:30:45 UTC 2014 i686 athlon i686 GNU/Linux My files are getting corrupted on a frequent basis. $ sudo fdisk -l /dev/sda Disk /dev/sda: 500.1 GB, 500107862016 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 60801 cylinders, total... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
10 Replies
PVMOVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 PVMOVE(8)

NAME
pvmove - move physical extents SYNOPSIS
pvmove [--abort] [--alloc AllocationPolicy] [-b|--background] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-i|--interval Seconds] [-v|--verbose] [-n|--name LogicalVolume] [SourcePhysicalVolume[:PE[-PE]...] [DestinationPhysicalVolume[:PE[-PE]...]...]] DESCRIPTION
pvmove allows you to move the allocated physical extents (PEs) on SourcePhysicalVolume to one or more other physical volumes (PVs). You can optionally specify a source LogicalVolume in which case only extents used by that LV will be moved to free (or specified) extents on DestinationPhysicalVolume(s). If no DestinationPhysicalVolume is specified, the normal allocation rules for the volume group are used. If pvmove gets interrupted for any reason (e.g. the machine crashes) then run pvmove again without any PhysicalVolume arguments to restart any moves that were in progress from the last checkpoint. Alternatively use pvmove --abort at any time to abort them at the last check- point. You can run more than one pvmove at once provided they are moving data off different SourcePhysicalVolumes, but additional pvmoves will ignore any logical volumes already in the process of being changed, so some data might not get moved. pvmove works as follows: 1. A temporary 'pvmove' logical volume is created to store details of all the data movements required. 2. Every logical volume in the volume group is searched for contiguous data that need moving according to the command line arguments. For each piece of data found, a new segment is added to the end of the pvmove LV. This segment takes the form of a temporary mirror to copy the data from the original location to a newly-allocated location. The original LV is updated to use the new temporary mirror segment in the pvmove LV instead of accessing the data directly. 3. The volume group metadata is updated on disk. 4. The first segment of the pvmove logical volume is activated and starts to mirror the first part of the data. Only one segment is mir- rored at once as this is usually more efficient. 5. A daemon repeatedly checks progress at the specified time interval. When it detects that the first temporary mirror is in-sync, it breaks that mirror so that only the new location for that data gets used and writes a checkpoint into the volume group metadata on disk. Then it activates the mirror for the next segment of the pvmove LV. 6. When there are no more segments left to be mirrored, the temporary logical volume is removed and the volume group metadata is updated so that the logical volumes reflect the new data locations. Note that this new process cannot support the original LVM1 type of on-disk metadata. Metadata can be converted using vgconvert(8). OPTIONS
--abort Abort any moves in progress. -b, --background Run the daemon in the background. -i, --interval Seconds Report progress as a percentage at regular intervals. -n, --name LogicalVolume Move only the extents belonging to LogicalVolume from SourcePhysicalVolume instead of all allocated extents to the destination phys- ical volume(s). EXAMPLES
To move all logical extents of any logical volumes on /dev/hda4 to free physical extents elsewhere in the volume group, giving verbose run- time information, use: pvmove -v /dev/hda4 SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgconvert(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) PVMOVE(8)