Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 7 Sparc 5
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solaris 7 Sparc 5 Post 81181 by Unbeliever on Wednesday 17th of August 2005 05:15:02 AM
Old 08-17-2005
Sorry I didnt get back to you on the other forum .. busy busy ;-)

To be honest you've got a difficult problem there. I would uninstall the packages you got from and install all the up-to date ones from sun freeware.

The zlib packages is a pretty standard package which al ot of software uses and so it really should cause the problems you descibe. As to the 'relocation' errors you are getting now. This realy does point to a incompatible version of a library of some sort. I would suggest.

1) Install all the relevant packages from sunfreeware.

2) Make sure /usr/local/bin is before /usr/bin and /usr/ccs/bin in your path

PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
export PATH

3) make sure /usr/local/lib is in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Then try the ./configure again

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9 x86 and Sparc?

Hi, What is the difference between Solaris 9 x86 and Sparc besides the hardware. Is all the command the same or there are a difference? Plus where can go to get more information on the differences. Many thanks, -n (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Insomniac
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Samba on Solaris 9, Sparc.

hi guys, This is prolly more of a dummies question, but here goes. I want to make my Ultra 5 workstation into a samba server. I have solaris 9 installed with the latest patch cluster. if I do: pkginfo | grep samba I get : # pkginfo | grep samba system SUNWsmbac ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 7 Sparc 5

First of all, I want to salute everybody. Since a week ago I put myself many troubles. :) I decide to install Solaris 7, in a sun sparcstation 5, with raid5. And I don't know almost anything about unix systems, not only Solaris. :) I want to install mysql, apache, php4. I'm not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kisoun
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris for a training: PC vs Sparc

I need a computer to try Solaris. I'm learning with UNIX Academy training DVDs and after spending much time with Linux I want to try and learn on Solaris. I'll have to buy a computer for my training anyway. I found on ebay plenty of inexpensive Sun boxes. Would it be beneficial for learning to have... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
26 Replies

7. Solaris

How to read this Solaris version:-Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC?

Hi Guys, Could you please tell me how to read this Solaris version:- Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 SPARC GUI

Hi, Is there anyway to install gui without using update from internet? I mean from DVD or other local disc install. Most of tutorial i forund, they show install gui using pkg update from internet. But now our server not yet have internet because ISP does not provide yet. Please show me the... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
18 Replies
ld(1B)						     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						    ld(1B)

NAME
ld - link editor, dynamic link editor SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ld [options] DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/ld is the link editor for the BSD Compatibility Package. /usr/ucb/ld is identical to /usr/ccs/bin/ld (see ld(1)) except that BSD libraries and routines are included before the base libraries and routines. OPTIONS
/usr/ucb/ld accepts the same options as /usr/ccs/bin/ld, with the following exceptions: -Ldir Add dir to the list of directories searched for libraries by /usr/ccs/bin/ld. Directories specified with this option are searched before /usr/ucblib and /usr/lib. -Y LU,dir Change the default directory used for finding libraries. Warning: This option may have unexpected results, and should not be used. FILES
/usr/lib /usr/lib/libx.a /usr/ucblib /usr/ucblib/libx.a ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ar(1), as(1), cc(1B), ld(1), lorder(1), strip(1), tsort(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 ld(1B)