Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Redirecting
Top Forums Programming Redirecting Post 81173 by svh on Wednesday 17th of August 2005 04:07:58 AM
Old 08-17-2005
Redirecting

I will try it out

thx,
bye

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using redirecting from awk

Well this is what im doing, im writing a script that you pass 3 variables into. Filename, delimiter or "FS in AWK", and a string of columbs you want to keep 1,2,4,5... Just modifing a data file and rewriting with a different extension. My problem atm is using awk to seperate the "columb String"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ugh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting OUTPUT

Hi, I want to move the output of a command/script to a file as well as to to be displayed on stdout. Can anybody help me in this. Thanks in advace .. -Chanakya M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MX redirecting

I in no means consider myself a expert in unix however my question is a little more complex. I am running a mac os 10 server and all web settings and email settings have been set up using the unix terminal. I am in the process or redirecting my mxrecords to a spam filtering company but i am... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbredthauer
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting to stdin

Hi, I'm having trouble with my script. I have to select different choices without any interaction from a menu that looks like : a - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx b - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx c - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx d - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I tried things like : echo "a" >&0 read < echo "a" but none worked. Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flame_eagle
4 Replies

5. Web Development

Apache redirecting

Dear All I need to redirect requests coming in on a second domain, to a page within an existing web site. So basicly http:\\webtest should be redirected to http:\\ustnd5\ukt\newsroom\newsroom.jsp I have the line ProxyPassReverse /ukt/newsroom/newsroom.jsp http://webtest:10080/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wjones
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting symbols

Can anyone please tell me what the following do 1. < 2. << Thanks Calypso (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Calypso
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting stdin from fd 3-9?

Hi I'm trying to do something on the bash command line that I will later put into a bash shell script. I'm trying to take a program that reads stdin (using getline) and be able to keep it running in the background and fire "commands" to it. So what I thought I should do was to try taking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceguyeddie
3 Replies

8. Linux

Telnet redirecting

Hey guys, i want to be able to get rid of the following output that telnet spits out to the terminal. i have a script that runs telnet to about 5 hosts and checks to make sure connectivity works. Connection closed by foreign host. Connection closed by foreign host. Connection closed by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting help

I am trying to create the file and redirect the output in the same command line which is line 4 in the below program. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter File Name:" value1 echo "Your File Name is $value1" sed 's/abcd/'$value1'/g' abcd_calls > $value1_calls This is the error it generates ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting the output

For example, if we run the below command, symcfg list -thin -pool , results in an output most of the times and if the out is generated i'm able to redirect the output to a file. but sometimes it doesnt result any output and even though the output is being redirected, i can see "No Thin Pools "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: web2moha
2 Replies
PICOLISP(1)							   User Commands						       PICOLISP(1)

NAME
pil, picolisp - a fast, lightweight Lisp interpreter SYNOPSIS
pil [arguments ...] [-] [arguments ...] [+] picolisp [arguments ...] [-] [arguments ...] [+] DESCRIPTION
PicoLisp is a Lisp interpreter with a small memory footprint, yet relatively high execution speed. It combines an elegant and powerful lan- guage with built-in database functionality. pil is the startup front-end for the interpreter. It takes care of starting the binary base system and loading a useful runtime environ- ment. picolisp is just the bare interpreter binary. It is usually called in stand-alone scripts, using the she-bang notation in the first line, passing the minimal environment in lib.l and loading additional files as needed: #!/usr/bin/picolisp /usr/lib/picolisp/lib.l (load "@ext.l" "myfiles/lib.l" "myfiles/foo.l") (do ... something ...) (bye) INVOCATION
PicoLisp has no pre-defined command line flags; applications are free to define their own. Any built-in or user-level Lisp function can be invoked from the command line by prefixing it with a hyphen. Examples for built-in functions useful in this context are version (print the version number) or bye (exit the interpreter). Therefore, a minimal call to print the version number and then immediately exit the inter- preter would be: $ pil -version -bye Any other argument (not starting with a hyphen) should be the name of a file to be loaded. If the first character of a path or file name is an at-mark, it will be substituted with the path to the installation directory. All arguments are evaluated from left to right, then an interactive read-eval-print loop is entered (with a colon as prompt). A single hyphen stops the evaluation of the rest of the command line, so that the remaining arguments may be processed under program con- trol. If the very last command line argument is a single plus character, debugging mode is switched on at interpreter startup, before evaluating any of the command line arguments. A minimal interactive session is started with: $ pil + Here you can access the reference manual : (doc) and the online documentation for most functions, : (doc 'vi) or directly inspect their sources: : (vi 'doc) The interpreter can be terminated with : (bye) or by typing Ctrl-D. FILES
Runtime files are maintained in the ~/.pil directory: ~/.pil/tmp/<pid>/ Process-local temporary directories ~/.pil/history The line editor's history file BUGS
PicoLisp doesn't try to protect you from every possible programming error ("You asked for it, you got it"). AUTHOR
Alexander Burger <abu@software-lab.de> RESOURCES
Home page: http://home.picolisp.com Download: http://www.software-lab.de/down.html PICOLISP(1)