Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users CPU Part Number from the command line (Solaris 8) Post 81081 by Venturic on Tuesday 16th of August 2005 09:39:06 AM
Old 08-16-2005
and use http://sunsolve.sun.com

Choose your system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

making sure a command line paramter is a number

i need to make sure that a command line paramter is with in a certin set of numbers and i dont know how todo it with out checking individual numbers. if test $1 -eq (need something here) then echo hi fi like if i put individual numbers in there it works fine but how do i do a range (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display full unix path as part of the command line

Hi all, Does anyone know how to ammend the .cshrc file in $HOME for your session to display the path as part of the command line? So that I dont need to keep on typing pwd to see where I am? thanks Ocelot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

4. Solaris

cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris

Can anyone tell me difference between cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris & how FSS will work with cpu-caps ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command for picking a part of line

Hello Friends I want to use sed command to pick a part of line. FOr example I only need the /home_put1/bidds/myfo part of following line fish://ulavet@rits1.ula.com.tr/home_put1/bidds/myfo How can I do this bu using sed command ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

7. AIX

Number of CPU & Number of Core

root:/> # lscfg -vp|grep -c -E 'proc.*Processor' 8 root:/> # lscfg -vpl sysplanar0 | grep -i way 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : 8 WAY PROC CUOD : I have this output and need to know how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add line number using UNIX command?

Hi, I am working on Shell script and I have a .dat file in which I want to add line numbers. Please see below example file Input File: 19523479811841494432C2013052700000000 19523479811730333980A2013052700000000 19523479811417044397I2013052700000000 19523479811205895810A2013052700000000... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies
scsi_sync_pkt(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					 scsi_sync_pkt(9F)

NAME
scsi_sync_pkt - synchronize CPU and I/O views of memory SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> void scsi_sync_pkt(struct scsi_pkt *pktp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
pktp Pointer to a scsi_pkt(9S) structure. DESCRIPTION
scsi_sync_pkt() is used to selectively synchronize a CPU's or device's view of the data associated with the SCSI packet that has been mapped for I/O. This may involve operations such as flushes of CPU or I/O caches, as well as other more complex operations such as stalling until hardware write buffers have drained. This function need only be called under certain circumstances. When a SCSI packet is mapped for I/O using scsi_init_pkt(9F) and destroyed using scsi_destroy_pkt(9F), then an implicit scsi_sync_pkt() will be performed. However, if the memory object has been modified by either the device or a CPU after the mapping by scsi_init_pkt(9F), then a call to scsi_sync_pkt() is required. If the same scsi_pkt is reused for a data transfer from memory to a device, then scsi_sync_pkt() must be called before calling scsi_trans- port(9F). If the same packet is reused for a data transfer from a device to memory scsi_sync_pkt() must be called after the completion of the packet but before accessing the data in memory. CONTEXT
scsi_sync_pkt() may be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
tran_sync_pkt(9E), ddi_dma_sync(9F), scsi_destroy_pkt(9F), scsi_init_pkt(9F), scsi_transport(9F), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 25 Feb 1994 scsi_sync_pkt(9F)