Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: recursive sorting
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users recursive sorting Post 81074 by madmat on Tuesday 16th of August 2005 08:46:41 AM
Old 08-16-2005
ls -tR is correct

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive FTP

I am trying to write a recursive FTP script and have come to a point where I need to test if the file is either a normal ascii file or a directory. My question is how do I test if the file is either ascii or directory. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aslamg
1 Replies

2. Programming

recursive function

Hi everyone, i need your input on this. We can express a function recursivly like this A(n) = (2 n = 0 5 n = 1 A(n − 1) + A(n − 2) % 47 n > 1 How would i go about constructing a recursive function for this?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive Concatenation

Hi, I have a problem with concatenation text files. I have a directory, say 'foo' Inside this folder, I have many sub folders, say 'oof1, oof2 .... oof20' Each oof directory has a number of text files inside it. I need to concatenate all the text files in oof directories within foo...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kerensa@unsw.ed
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive wc on a directory?

Hi all, I need to count the number of lines in all the files under a directory (several levels deep). I am feeling extremely dumb, but I don't know how to do that. Needless to say, I am not a shell script wiz... Any advice? thanks in advance! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bimba17
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive Permissions???

Is there anyway that I can change permissions on a directory and all its sub-directories and files using one single "chmod" command?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_red_dove
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with wget recursive

I want to download every page on a particular website that has: "http://www.website.com/dir/?function=" as the beginning so any page that begins with that will be downloaded, so for example "http://www.website.com/dir/?function=summary&cat=1" and "http://www.website.com/dir/?function=detail&id=1"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recursive grep

Hi, on AIX 6.1 , in man document for grep : -r Searches directories recursively. By default, links to directories are followed. But when I use : oracle@XXX:/appli/XXX_SCRIPTS#grep -r subject *.sh It returns nothing. However I have at least one row in a file : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with recursive command

Hi, I need help with recursive function. This is not a part of any homework or classroom related. I am trying to learn unix and working on a question posted on site. basically i have to create a script which does what rm -r does. my code so far: 1 #!/bin/bash 2 3 function recursive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluebird13
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive Cat?

I have a directory, say "DirA" with a bunch of subfolders 'Sub1, Sub2... etc.' Each subfolder has a number of csv files. I want to delete the top ten rows of each csv file, then concatenate them and save the output as a csv file with the same name as the subfolder. My code currently looks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: extnic
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive File Renaming & Natural Sorting (Bash)

NB! I have already started a thread on this subject on ComputerHope (with the thread title "Recursive File Renaming & Logical Sorting"). However, on ComputerHope they are perhaps more specialized in Windows Command Prompt, and not that much in shell scripts for Bash (I guess). I have a bulk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JewzeyfGhewbelz
1 Replies
FILE2DGR(1)							  DGR executables						       FILE2DGR(1)

NAME
file2dgr - DGR transmission test program SYNOPSIS
file2dgr remoteHostName fileName [nbrOfCycles] DESCRIPTION
file2dgr uses DGR to send nbrOfCycles copies of the text of the file named fileName to the dgr2file process running on the computer identified by remoteHostName. If not specified (or if less than 1), nbrOfCycles defaults to 1. After sending all lines of the file, file2dgr sends a datagram containing an EOF string (the ASCII text "*** End of the file ***") before reopening the file and starting transmission of the next copy. When all copies of the file have been sent, file2dgr prints a performance report: Bytes sent = I<byteCount>, usec elapsed = I<elapsedTime>. Sending I<dataRate> bits per second. EXIT STATUS
0 file2dgr has terminated. FILES
No configuration files are needed. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
Diagnostic messages produced by file2dgr are written to the ION log file ion.log. Can't open dgr service. ION system error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't open input file Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. Can't acquire DGR working memory. ION system error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. Can't reopen input file Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. Can't read from input file Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and rerun. dgr_send failed. ION system error. Check for earlier diagnostic messages describing the cause of the error; correct problem and rerun. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
file2dgr(1), dgr(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 FILE2DGR(1)