Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Redirecting
Top Forums Programming Redirecting Post 81056 by svh on Tuesday 16th of August 2005 03:59:36 AM
Old 08-16-2005
Redirecting

How to redirect the contents of a file to a command?

The contents of the file are the arguments necessary for the command.

thx in advance.

bye
svh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using redirecting from awk

Well this is what im doing, im writing a script that you pass 3 variables into. Filename, delimiter or "FS in AWK", and a string of columbs you want to keep 1,2,4,5... Just modifing a data file and rewriting with a different extension. My problem atm is using awk to seperate the "columb String"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ugh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting OUTPUT

Hi, I want to move the output of a command/script to a file as well as to to be displayed on stdout. Can anybody help me in this. Thanks in advace .. -Chanakya M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MX redirecting

I in no means consider myself a expert in unix however my question is a little more complex. I am running a mac os 10 server and all web settings and email settings have been set up using the unix terminal. I am in the process or redirecting my mxrecords to a spam filtering company but i am... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbredthauer
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting to stdin

Hi, I'm having trouble with my script. I have to select different choices without any interaction from a menu that looks like : a - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx b - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx c - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx d - xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I tried things like : echo "a" >&0 read < echo "a" but none worked. Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flame_eagle
4 Replies

5. Web Development

Apache redirecting

Dear All I need to redirect requests coming in on a second domain, to a page within an existing web site. So basicly http:\\webtest should be redirected to http:\\ustnd5\ukt\newsroom\newsroom.jsp I have the line ProxyPassReverse /ukt/newsroom/newsroom.jsp http://webtest:10080/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wjones
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting symbols

Can anyone please tell me what the following do 1. < 2. << Thanks Calypso (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Calypso
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting stdin from fd 3-9?

Hi I'm trying to do something on the bash command line that I will later put into a bash shell script. I'm trying to take a program that reads stdin (using getline) and be able to keep it running in the background and fire "commands" to it. So what I thought I should do was to try taking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceguyeddie
3 Replies

8. Linux

Telnet redirecting

Hey guys, i want to be able to get rid of the following output that telnet spits out to the terminal. i have a script that runs telnet to about 5 hosts and checks to make sure connectivity works. Connection closed by foreign host. Connection closed by foreign host. Connection closed by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting help

I am trying to create the file and redirect the output in the same command line which is line 4 in the below program. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter File Name:" value1 echo "Your File Name is $value1" sed 's/abcd/'$value1'/g' abcd_calls > $value1_calls This is the error it generates ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting the output

For example, if we run the below command, symcfg list -thin -pool , results in an output most of the times and if the out is generated i'm able to redirect the output to a file. but sometimes it doesnt result any output and even though the output is being redirected, i can see "No Thin Pools "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: web2moha
2 Replies
PICOLISP(1)							   User Commands						       PICOLISP(1)

NAME
pil, picolisp - a fast, lightweight Lisp interpreter SYNOPSIS
pil [arguments ...] [-] [arguments ...] [+] picolisp [arguments ...] [-] [arguments ...] [+] DESCRIPTION
PicoLisp is a Lisp interpreter with a small memory footprint, yet relatively high execution speed. It combines an elegant and powerful lan- guage with built-in database functionality. pil is the startup front-end for the interpreter. It takes care of starting the binary base system and loading a useful runtime environ- ment. picolisp is just the bare interpreter binary. It is usually called in stand-alone scripts, using the she-bang notation in the first line, passing the minimal environment in lib.l and loading additional files as needed: #!/usr/bin/picolisp /usr/lib/picolisp/lib.l (load "@ext.l" "myfiles/lib.l" "myfiles/foo.l") (do ... something ...) (bye) INVOCATION
PicoLisp has no pre-defined command line flags; applications are free to define their own. Any built-in or user-level Lisp function can be invoked from the command line by prefixing it with a hyphen. Examples for built-in functions useful in this context are version (print the version number) or bye (exit the interpreter). Therefore, a minimal call to print the version number and then immediately exit the inter- preter would be: $ pil -version -bye Any other argument (not starting with a hyphen) should be the name of a file to be loaded. If the first character of a path or file name is an at-mark, it will be substituted with the path to the installation directory. All arguments are evaluated from left to right, then an interactive read-eval-print loop is entered (with a colon as prompt). A single hyphen stops the evaluation of the rest of the command line, so that the remaining arguments may be processed under program con- trol. If the very last command line argument is a single plus character, debugging mode is switched on at interpreter startup, before evaluating any of the command line arguments. A minimal interactive session is started with: $ pil + Here you can access the reference manual : (doc) and the online documentation for most functions, : (doc 'vi) or directly inspect their sources: : (vi 'doc) The interpreter can be terminated with : (bye) or by typing Ctrl-D. FILES
Runtime files are maintained in the ~/.pil directory: ~/.pil/tmp/<pid>/ Process-local temporary directories ~/.pil/history The line editor's history file BUGS
PicoLisp doesn't try to protect you from every possible programming error ("You asked for it, you got it"). AUTHOR
Alexander Burger <abu@software-lab.de> RESOURCES
Home page: http://home.picolisp.com Download: http://www.software-lab.de/down.html PICOLISP(1)