Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Roteamento No Sco 505
Special Forums IP Networking Roteamento No Sco 505 Post 8099 by Neo on Friday 5th of October 2001 01:21:58 PM
Old 10-05-2001
My suggest is to search the forums and study the many posts on basic IP configuration using commands like ifconfig , route and netstat. There is also lots of good info in prior posts about how to set up your /etc/rc.d files for making sure your hard work becomes a part of the boot process Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vncserver on SCo 505

I have installed vnc on my SCO 505 box. its running fin, but when I start a session and connect to it from my win machine I do get an Xsession but I only get an xterm and thats it. I know my settings are in my //.vnc/xstartup file but what exactly am I supposed to see there. will some one send... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franruiz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

second tape drive on SCO 505

I need to run a back up that will take more than one tape. What is the command that will continue the back up on to a second tape drive. the first is /dev/rStp0 second is /dev/rStp1. Anyone? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franruiz
1 Replies

3. AIX

3004-505 Cannot set process environment

Guys I have an AIX 5.3 box.I am getting following messages if i try to switch to any non root user. bash-3.00# su - sys 3004-505 Cannot set process environment. bash-3.00# su - daemon 3004-505 Cannot set process environment. bash-3.00# su - adm 3004-505 Cannot set process environment.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
4 Replies

4. AIX

System p 9115-505: Server and HMC unreachable

Hi there I've bought a used System p 9115-505. When I attach the LAN cable to my router the HMC receives an IP address from my router, but the HMC is unreachable. There are no open ports. Does anybody know that problem? Any help greatly appreciated. Greetings from Italy! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mediaset23
2 Replies
defaultrouter(4)						   File Formats 						  defaultrouter(4)

NAME
defaultrouter - configuration file for default router(s) SYNOPSIS
/etc/defaultrouter DESCRIPTION
The /etc/defaultrouter file specifies a IPv4 host's default router(s). The format of the file is as follows: IP_address ... The /etc/defaultrouter file can contain the IP addresses or hostnames of one or more default routers, with each entry on its own line. If you use hostnames, each hostname must also be listed in the local /etc/hosts file, because no name services are running at the time that defaultrouter is read. Lines beginning with the ``#'' character are treated as comments. The default routes listed in this file replace those added by the kernel during diskless booting. An empty /etc/defaultrouter file will cause the default route added by the kernel to be deleted. Use of a default route, whether received from a DHCP server or from /etc/defaultrouter, prevents a machine from acting as an IPv4 router. You can use routeadm(1M) to override this behavior. FILES
/etc/defaultrouter Configuration file containing the hostnames or IP addresses of one or more default routers. SEE ALSO
in.rdisc(1M), in.routed(1M), routeadm(1M), hosts(4) SunOS 5.10 17 Aug 2004 defaultrouter(4)