Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mv question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mv question Post 80961 by blowtorch on Monday 15th of August 2005 02:44:19 AM
Old 08-15-2005
Do you want to move the entire directory structure from one directory to another? (such as move everything from /foo1 to /foo2). Then you can do this:

Code:
cd /foo1
mv * /foo2/

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Yet Another Question

Now that I have getch() to work, I have yet another problem. BTW, thank you for answering these questions, I do ask a lot, only because I am eager to know, what is a board used for anyways :) Ok, he's the problem... #include iostream.h #include conio.h int main() { char movement; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbolthouse
2 Replies

2. Programming

Question?

what is WDFP and WE STATION? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billybayou
1 Replies

3. Solaris

vi question

Im trying to edit a 113 meg file in VI and i get the error TMP FILE TOO LARGE. Does someone know how to get around this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question

hallo, ik heb hier een vraagje. hoeveel gebruikers kunnen er op 1 unix systeem. hopelijk antwoorden golle nu want ik moet da vinde voor school en die leerkracht zaagt. :p groetjes eu wacht wa was mijne nick ah ja vraagje groetjes vraagje ik kan geen engels dus antwoord liever in het... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vraagje
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about wc

Hey my friend was asking me if i knew a way to cout how many different words in a file. I told him no not off hand, but i was thinking about it, and i started to wonder also. I imagine this is probably pretty simple im just missing something, I keep confusing my self with how you would compair and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: yodadbl07
16 Replies

6. Hardware

question

How to add 3 moniters to a pc set up? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clicstic
2 Replies

7. AIX

df question

Hi, Can anyone please explain a little about df command. I have following question: Following example is showing % used as 4 where as total free blocks are 15.46 out of 16.00 MB blocks. df -m /test Filesystem MBblocks Free %Used Iused %Iused ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsabhi9
5 Replies
ddi_get_instance(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				      ddi_get_instance(9F)

NAME
ddi_get_instance - get device instance number SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_get_instance(dev_info_t *dip); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
dip Pointer to dev_info structure. DESCRIPTION
ddi_get_instance() returns the instance number of the device corresponding to dip. The system assigns an instance number to every device. Instance numbers for devices attached to the same driver are unique. This pro- vides a way for the system and the driver to uniquely identify one or more devices of the same type. The instance number is derived by the system from different properties for different device types in an implementation specific manner. Once an instance number has been assigned to a device, it will remain the same even across reconfigurations and reboots. Therefore, instance numbers seen by a driver may not appear to be in consecutive order. For example, if device foo0 has been assigned an instance number of 0 and device foo1 has been assigned an instance number of 1, if foo0 is removed, foo1 will continue to be associated with instance number 1 (even though foo1 is now the only device of its type on the system). RETURN VALUES
ddi_get_instance() returns the instance number of the device corresponding to dip. CONTEXT
ddi_get_instance()can be called from user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
path_to_inst(4) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 20 Jul 1994 ddi_get_instance(9F)