Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers corel linux and the dell web pc Post 8094 by deviant0709 on Friday 5th of October 2001 11:44:23 AM
Old 10-05-2001
corel linux and the dell web pc

I have an old peice o crap that I use at home for my personal use. It is a dell web pc, 500Mhz athlon processor, 256Mb sdram. 10.24gig hard drive, so its not all that bad, but when I try to install COREL LINUX on it it goes through the installation. But when I run it my screen flashes on login prompt and from there on. It only pauses when I exit the system. ??? I am very confused on this and need some help cause I would like to have it installled and learn more on how to use it... Please help!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft Is Using Linux To Protect Its Own Web Site

Here is a great news story: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=74&e=9&u=/cmp/13100775 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux desktop connection via web

Hello all, I woud like to know if anyone has setup or know of a way (configure or product) to get a remote session form a windows box to linux box via the web browser. I'm looking for something like windows Remote desk top web connection, but for linux. VNC is what I want but via the web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larryase
1 Replies

3. Linux

web portal <--> linux configuration

dear experts, i m newbies of linux. i found that my linux server does not support the webportal links, causing the filing system in the webportal dissapear as well. i suspect 1st: configuration of linux not set properly, 2nd: access link lost for the filing system. please give me a rough idea... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clemeot
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Linux and Dell 1500sc Poweredge Server

Does anybody no how to get around the fact that the Red Hat installation does not see the SCSI hard drives. It lets you manually pick the proper device, but still fails saying no drive detected (or something to that effect). I was going to install windows 2003 Server and use VMware...but again,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fatflea
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Corel Draw like software for Ubuntu

Hi guys, I need a software for Ubuntu *which has the capabilities of Corel Draw *which can open/import and use a .cdr template, i.e., template created by Corel Draw. *which has the same color codes, i.e., names for colors I have looked through Google, some suggested ones are Inkscape,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apprentice
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

DELL M910 with RedHat Linux 5.5 getting "Buffer I/O error on device sdd"

Dear Guru, IHAC who is using Redhat Linux 5 on DELL M910. When system bootup, it show "Buffer I/O error on device sdd" error message. Below is the "dmesg" output. The scenario is: If more external FC SAN disk LUN add, the device would change other name. So it will impact the raw device... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)