Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to run shell command and insert results to existing xml file Post 80892 by littlejon on Friday 12th of August 2005 04:59:53 PM
Old 08-12-2005
Thanks, jerardfjay. Your post must have just made it while I was typing my last one. I think I've got the problem solved. I appreciate your suggestion, though. littlejon.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to append a time for the existing error log file

Hi Guys, the requirement is like this, i am having a error log file in this format, 4594.493: parallel nursery GC 2594592K->2544691K (2969600K), 30.848 ms 4605.958: parallel nursery GC 2634887K->2584986K (2969600K), 38.900 ms 4619.079: parallel nursery GC 2822555K->2774812K... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert text between lines of an existing file using perl

Hi , I need some inputs on how to open a file (file.txt) and parse the text example aaa of the file and bbb of the file and add the text zzzz once i parse (aaa and bbb) and followed by the remaining of the text as it is in the file using perl programming. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhul2002
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert pipes for existing and non-existing records

I have a source file like this, L4058S462 34329094 F51010141TK1070000483L4058S462 34329094 0232384840 381892 182 5690 L4058S462 34329094 F51020141FIRST CLEARING, LLC A/C 3432-9094 L4058S462 34329094 F51030141JOHAN HOLMQVIST ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanamr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert shell command into first line of output file

How can I insert the command executed on the shell into the first line of my output file? For example if I execute; zcat *.gz |grep “User5501” > users.out How can I make my users.out look like; zcat *.gz |grep “User5501” > users.out User5501 PA User5501 UA User5501 ZA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add Xml tags to an existing xml using shell or awk?

Hi , I have a below xml: <ns:Body> <ns:result> <Date Month="June" Day="Monday:/> </ns:result> </ns:Body> i have a lookup abc.txtt text file with below details Month June July August Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday I need a output xml with below tags <ns:Body> <ns:result>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nevergivup
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read xml file till script finds separation and run again for next input and so on

Hi All, I have one query, I managed to run script with user inputs through command line or with 1 file. But I need to read a txt file/xml file in which user can mention multiple sets of answers and script should run for each set till it reach the EOF. Thanks in advance for example, the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rv_champ
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to insert subnode in xml file using xmlstarlet or any other bash command?

I have multiple xml files where i want to update a subnode if the subnode project points to different project or insert a subnode if it doesn't exist using a xmlstarlet or any other command that can be used in a bash script. I have been able to update the subnode project if it doesn't point to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
1 Replies
slagts.f(3)							      LAPACK							       slagts.f(3)

NAME
slagts.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine slagts (JOB, N, A, B, C, D, IN, Y, TOL, INFO) SLAGTS solves the system of equations (T-I)x = y or (T-I)Tx = y,where T is a general tridiagonal matrix and a scalar, using the LU factorization computed by slagtf. Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine slagts (integerJOB, integerN, real, dimension( * )A, real, dimension( * )B, real, dimension( * )C, real, dimension( * )D, integer, dimension( * )IN, real, dimension( * )Y, realTOL, integerINFO) SLAGTS solves the system of equations (T-I)x = y or (T-I)Tx = y,where T is a general tridiagonal matrix and a scalar, using the LU factorization computed by slagtf. Purpose: SLAGTS may be used to solve one of the systems of equations (T - lambda*I)*x = y or (T - lambda*I)**T*x = y, where T is an n by n tridiagonal matrix, for x, following the factorization of (T - lambda*I) as (T - lambda*I) = P*L*U , by routine SLAGTF. The choice of equation to be solved is controlled by the argument JOB, and in each case there is an option to perturb zero or very small diagonal elements of U, this option being intended for use in applications such as inverse iteration. Parameters: JOB JOB is INTEGER Specifies the job to be performed by SLAGTS as follows: = 1: The equations (T - lambda*I)x = y are to be solved, but diagonal elements of U are not to be perturbed. = -1: The equations (T - lambda*I)x = y are to be solved and, if overflow would otherwise occur, the diagonal elements of U are to be perturbed. See argument TOL below. = 2: The equations (T - lambda*I)**Tx = y are to be solved, but diagonal elements of U are not to be perturbed. = -2: The equations (T - lambda*I)**Tx = y are to be solved and, if overflow would otherwise occur, the diagonal elements of U are to be perturbed. See argument TOL below. N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix T. A A is REAL array, dimension (N) On entry, A must contain the diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. B B is REAL array, dimension (N-1) On entry, B must contain the first super-diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. C C is REAL array, dimension (N-1) On entry, C must contain the sub-diagonal elements of L as returned from SLAGTF. D D is REAL array, dimension (N-2) On entry, D must contain the second super-diagonal elements of U as returned from SLAGTF. IN IN is INTEGER array, dimension (N) On entry, IN must contain details of the matrix P as returned from SLAGTF. Y Y is REAL array, dimension (N) On entry, the right hand side vector y. On exit, Y is overwritten by the solution vector x. TOL TOL is REAL On entry, with JOB .lt. 0, TOL should be the minimum perturbation to be made to very small diagonal elements of U. TOL should normally be chosen as about eps*norm(U), where eps is the relative machine precision, but if TOL is supplied as non-positive, then it is reset to eps*max( abs( u(i,j) ) ). If JOB .gt. 0 then TOL is not referenced. On exit, TOL is changed as described above, only if TOL is non-positive on entry. Otherwise TOL is unchanged. INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0 : successful exit .lt. 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value .gt. 0: overflow would occur when computing the INFO(th) element of the solution vector x. This can only occur when JOB is supplied as positive and either means that a diagonal element of U is very small, or that the elements of the right-hand side vector y are very large. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Definition at line 162 of file slagts.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 slagts.f(3)