Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Unable to compile ANSI compatible code on HP-UX Post 8085 by bitman on Friday 5th of October 2001 10:05:03 AM
Old 10-05-2001
Error

I think if you want to compile with Ansi C, then there is a compiler aCC... just type the following in the prompt....
$>type aCC

if you are able to get the path, then
$><PATH> <filename>.C

and it will compile the way u want

also if u could give the program, probably could find the actual reason such an error

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Compile a code for running on boot

How can I compile a code that can be runned on boot:?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d4n1l0d
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to compile the c programme in unix

Hi, My name is vreddy and I am learning c language now and written one programme on vi editor. how do I compile the programme please give me some advice and that would be helpfull for me. thanks vre (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasudeva
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert file from Unix - ANSI to PC - ANSI

Hi, I am creating a file in Unix using a shell script. The file is getting created in the Unix - ANSI format. My requirement is to convert it to the PC - ANSI format. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks, Sunil (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Still unable to compile pro*c program

I am unable to compile the programs, I am able to compile .pc to .c but later part of the compilation from .c to executalbe i am unable to do. Here is the way i am doing make -f $LIB_LIB/makefile.templ sample I am getting the following errors, which environment and where to set to point... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satvd
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to compile from source code?

Hi all, I downloaded the source code for a pkg. But i dont know how to build from it? I have no prior experience in building from source,so could you pls help me? I tried ./configure(after entering into the dir containing the src codes) but it generated some errors!!!!! Some files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to compile Shell Script

Hi there, I have written the shell script to illustrate arithmetic operations using case command as shown below: #!/bin/bash echo -n "Enter any two numbers :" read a read b MENU=" Select any one option 1) Addition 2) Substraction 3) Multiplication 4) Division 5) Quit" clear $x=0;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grc
5 Replies

7. Programming

why the implementatoin of Bakery algorithm in ANSI C does not work in ANSI C

I follow the description of wiki (Lamport's bakery algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), then implement that algorithm in C, but it doesn't work, Starving is still here, is the implementation worry? Only print out: Thread ID: 0 START! Thread ID: 0 END! Thread ID: 0 START!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

making code compatible to previous bash versions

First let me explain the scenario I have tywo files as usual file1.txt (it has n rows and 8 columns) $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 Code: 1234567|iufgt|iuoy|iout|white |black |red |90879 1234567|iufgt|iuoy|iout|green |pink |blue |90879... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s.deepak
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert decimal notation to ANSI point code notation

wondering if anyone has any thoughts to convert the below thru a shell script Convert decimal signalling point notation to ANSI point code notation There is a site that does that conversion but i need to implement the solution in a shell script.....Thoughts.... OS: Solaris 9 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavam
4 Replies

10. Programming

C++ for dummies: how to compile a code.

Hi. I wrote a small programm which shows me display's refresh rate #include "stdafx.h" #include "windows.h" #include "iostream" using namespace std; int _tmain(int cout) { HDC hDCScreen = GetDC(NULL); int RefreshFrequency = GetDeviceCaps(hDCScreen, VREFRESH); ReleaseDC(NULL, hDCScreen);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies
Wand-Config(1)						      General Commands Manual						    Wand-Config(1)

NAME
Wand-config - get information about the installed version of the Magick Wand SYNOPSIS
Wand-config [--cflags] [--cppflags] [--exec-prefix] [--ldflags] [--libs] [--prefix] [--version] DESCRIPTION
Wand-config prints the compiler and linker flags required to compile and link programs that use the Wand Application Programmer Interface. EXAMPLES
To print the version of the installed distribution of Wand, use: Wand-config --version To compile a program that calls the Wand Application Programmer Interface, use: cc `Wand-config --cflags --cppflags --ldflags --libs` program.c OPTIONS
--cflags Print the compiler flags that were used to compile libWand. --cppflags Print the preprocessor flags that are needed to find the Wand C include files and defines to ensure that the Wand data structures match between your program and the installed libraries. --exec-prefix Print the directory under which target specific binaries and executables are installed. --ldflags Print the linker flags that are needed to link with the Wand library. --libs Print the linker flags that are needed to link a program with libWand. --version Print the version of the Wand distribution to standard output. COPYRIGHT
See http://www.imagemagick.org/script/license.php AUTHORS
John Cristy, ImageMagick Studio LLC Wand 2 May 2002 Wand-Config(1)