Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 7 Sparc 5
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Solaris 7 Sparc 5 Post 80745 by kisoun on Thursday 11th of August 2005 08:37:10 AM
Old 08-11-2005
Installing Mysql
-----------------------

# groupadd mysql
# useradd -d /usr/local/mysql mysql

in '/etc/passwd' change mysql's shell with 'nologin'

# cd mysql...[version]
# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql

or

#./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --with-extra-charsets=complex --enable-thread-safe-client --enable-local-infile --enable-assembler --with-named-z-libs=no --with-named-curses-libs=-lcurses --disable-shared CXX=gcc

#make

#make clean (when errors,warnings come out with 'make')

#make install

# /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_install_db

# chown -R mysql /usr/local/mysql/var

# chgrp -R mysql /usr/local/mysql/var

# /usr/local/mysql/bin//mysqld_safe --user=mysql &

# /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin -u root password ...

# /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin -u admin password ...

creation of my.cnf in folder /usr/local/mysql/var

cp (from redhat Smilie) greek.conf in folder /usr/local/mysql/share/mysql/charsets

# ./bin/mysqld --defaults-file=<MySQL Databasedirectry>/my.cnf \
--basedir=<MySQL Basedirectory>\
--datadir=<MySQL Databasedirectory>\
--user=mysql --pid-file=<MySQL Databasedirectory>/mysqld.pid &

Required programs
------------------

tcsh-6.08.00-sol7-sparc-local.tar.gz
bash-3.0-sol7-sparc-local.tar.gz
zlib-1.2.2.tar.gz
gcc-3.4.2-sol7-sparc-local.tar.gz
gzip-1.3.5-sol7-sparc-local.tar.gz
make-3.80-sol7-sparc-local.tar.gz
ncurses-5.4-sol7-sparc-local.gz
ncurses-5.4.tar.gz
perl-5.8.5.tar.gz
m4-1.4.2.tar.gz
autoconf-2.59.tar.gz
bison-1.28.tar.gz
flex_2.5.4_hpux_ia64_src.tar.gz
openssl-0.9.7g.tar.gz
zlib1.2.3

Installing Apache
-------------------------

αφού εγκατασταθούν τα w4,autoconf,bison,flex,openssl,libtool,db (Berkeley)

#setenv CFLAGS="-I /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3/include"

#setenv LDFLAGS="-L /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3/lib -R"

#ln -s /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3/lib/libdb-3.3.so /usr/lib/libdb-3.3.so

#ln -s /usr/ccs/bin/ld /usr/bin/ld

# ./configure --with-layout=Apache --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=all --disable-module=auth_db

Installing php-4.3.11
--------------------

since now , only the configuration below:

#./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --with-mysql --prefix=/usr/local/apache/php --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/apache/php --enable-force-cgi-redirect --with-zlib --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/zlib-1.2.3 --enable-libgcc --enable-track-vars

and this configuration, after several minutes provides the below error:

Configuring extensions
checking for OpenSSL support... no
checking for Kerberos support... no
checking for ZLIB support... yes
checking if the location of ZLIB install directory is defined... /usr/local/zlib-1.2.3
checking for gzgets in -lz... no
configure: error: ZLIB extension requires zlib >= 1.0.9

Thanks again.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9 x86 and Sparc?

Hi, What is the difference between Solaris 9 x86 and Sparc besides the hardware. Is all the command the same or there are a difference? Plus where can go to get more information on the differences. Many thanks, -n (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Insomniac
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Samba on Solaris 9, Sparc.

hi guys, This is prolly more of a dummies question, but here goes. I want to make my Ultra 5 workstation into a samba server. I have solaris 9 installed with the latest patch cluster. if I do: pkginfo | grep samba I get : # pkginfo | grep samba system SUNWsmbac ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 7 Sparc 5

08-11-2005, 03:23 PM I posted the below thread in UNIX for dummies Questions and Answers. I thank the guy who posted a proposition to resolve my problem. I decided to repost the problem here. Who knows :) So, here it goes: Since a week ago I put myself many troubles. I decide to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kisoun
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris for a training: PC vs Sparc

I need a computer to try Solaris. I'm learning with UNIX Academy training DVDs and after spending much time with Linux I want to try and learn on Solaris. I'll have to buy a computer for my training anyway. I found on ebay plenty of inexpensive Sun boxes. Would it be beneficial for learning to have... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
26 Replies

7. Solaris

How to read this Solaris version:-Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC?

Hi Guys, Could you please tell me how to read this Solaris version:- Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 SPARC GUI

Hi, Is there anyway to install gui without using update from internet? I mean from DVD or other local disc install. Most of tutorial i forund, they show install gui using pkg update from internet. But now our server not yet have internet because ISP does not provide yet. Please show me the... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
18 Replies
MYSQL_CONFIG(1) 					       MySQL Database System						   MYSQL_CONFIG(1)

NAME
mysql_config - get compile options for compiling clients SYNOPSIS
mysql_config options DESCRIPTION
mysql_config provides you with useful information for compiling your MySQL client and connecting it to MySQL. mysql_config supports the following options. o --cflags Compiler flags to find include files and critical compiler flags and defines used when compiling the libmysqlclient library. The options returned are tied to the specific compiler that was used when the library was created and might clash with the settings for your own compiler. Use --include for more portable options that contain only include paths. o --include Compiler options to find MySQL include files. o --libmysqld-libs, --embedded Libraries and options required to link with the MySQL embedded server. o --libs Libraries and options required to link with the MySQL client library. o --libs_r Libraries and options required to link with the thread-safe MySQL client library. o --plugindir The default plugin directory path name, defined when configuring MySQL. This option was added in MySQL 5.1.24. o --port The default TCP/IP port number, defined when configuring MySQL. o --socket The default Unix socket file, defined when configuring MySQL. o --version Version number for the MySQL distribution. If you invoke mysql_config with no options, it displays a list of all options that it supports, and their values: shell> mysql_config Usage: /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config [options] Options: --cflags [-I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql -mcpu=pentiumpro] --include [-I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql] --libs [-L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm -L/usr/lib -lssl -lcrypto] --libs_r [-L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient_r -lpthread -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm -lpthread] --socket [/tmp/mysql.sock] --port [3306] --version [4.0.16] --libmysqld-libs [-L/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql -lmysqld -lpthread -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm -lpthread -lrt] You can use mysql_config within a command line to include the value that it displays for a particular option. For example, to compile a MySQL client program, use mysql_config as follows: shell> CFG=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config shell> sh -c "gcc -o progname `$CFG --include` progname.c `$CFG --libs`" When you use mysql_config this way, be sure to invoke it within backtick ("`") characters. That tells the shell to execute it and substitute its output into the surrounding command. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_CONFIG(1)