Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file sharing
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users file sharing Post 80720 by yogesh_powar on Thursday 11th of August 2005 03:46:00 AM
Old 08-11-2005
Help

can we have anything like .rhosts or .ssh/knownhosts ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file sharing

my computer and the rest of my network run Mac OS X , and i was wondering how or if your can transfer files from other computers with the Terminal. i also wanna know where i can download a free UNIX version and more on the sudo command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pyrohotdog
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

TCP ports and file sharing

In using a music file sharing program (WinMx), I am told that I cannot make a primary connection (fastest downloads) because I do not have a TCP and UDP port. I am running Windows Me.What do I do? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookster5
6 Replies

3. IP Networking

sharing of IP address for load sharing avoiding virtual server & redirection machine

I have RedHat 9.0 installed on three of my servers (PIII - 233MHz) and want that they share a common IP address so that any request made reaches each of the servers. Can anyone suggest how should I setup my LAN. I'm new to networking in Linux so please elaborate and would be thankful for a timely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File sharing

I'm not sur how Im a new user (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1982
6 Replies

5. Linux

Please help me, about the file sharing with windows system

Did anybody can teach me how to set the premission in the samba server? How to i set the premission in one folder but two access right. With one folder but the user access rights is diffirent. One user can full access the folder, and another one user only read only. thx for helping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cloudlor
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file sharing

Hello all, Just curious. I have several unix echo commands(echo Y > file.txt) running in parallel(each directs a value of 'Y' to the same file). What happens if 2 echo's collide(trying to the write to the same file at the same time)? Not sure how unix deals with this. Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robert4732
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

mount windows file sharing on hp-ux

Hi all, Can anyone teach me how to mount windows file sharing on hp-ux thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pantas manik
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Public file sharing on redhat

Hello, I want to share my folder on redhat like 192.168.x.x\share But I can't use 3rd party packets/application or something like that. And I want to see shared folder on windows2003 server command with \\192.168.x.x\share. Basicly I need to know what should I do step by step. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UDP Socket File Sharing

Hai, I am having one server/client both running in different host in UDP. How can i assure whether the data is recieved properly in client side. I am writing 250 KB in Server and client reading only 150 KB data. I am using select write in server and select read in client also.If i am putting one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrew.paul
1 Replies
SETREGID(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual						       SETREGID(2)

NAME
setregid -- set real and effective group ID LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int setregid(gid_t rgid, gid_t egid); DESCRIPTION
The real and effective group ID's of the current process are set to the arguments. If the real group ID is changed, the saved group ID is changed to the new value of the effective group ID. Unprivileged users may change the real group ID to the effective group ID and vice-versa; only the super-user may make other changes. Supplying a value of -1 for either the real or effective group ID forces the system to substitute the current ID in place of the -1 argument. The setregid() system call was intended to allow swapping the real and effective group IDs in set-group-ID programs to temporarily relinquish the set-group-ID value. This system call did not work correctly, and its purpose is now better served by the use of the setegid(2) system call. When setting the real and effective group IDs to the same value, the standard setgid() system call is preferred. RETURN VALUES
The setregid() function returns the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indi- cate the error. ERRORS
[EPERM] The current process is not the super-user and a change other than changing the effective group-id to the real group-id was specified. SEE ALSO
getgid(2), issetugid(2), setegid(2), setgid(2), setuid(2) HISTORY
The setregid() system call appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
April 16, 1994 BSD