Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hi friends
Special Forums IP Networking hi friends Post 80706 by ramneek on Wednesday 10th of August 2005 11:42:44 PM
Old 08-11-2005
some error in compiling message queue

undefined first refrenced
symbol in file

ld: fatal: symbol refrencing errors .No output written to a.out
collect 2: ld returned 1 exit status

when compiled this error occurs
what is this error and how we can solve it

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi friends....

hi friend i am facing problem in taking input from a file to the variable .. read fname if then cd $fname pwd ls > new_temp1 cat new_temp1 fi terminal=`tty` exec < $new_temp1 while read line do echo $line done exec < $terminal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newson
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hello friends

:confused: i'am new to this unix environment.can any one give guidence in how to c programs for inter communication process (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaffiullabaig
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi friends..........

hello friends ........ i want to visit the directory recusvely through and shell script . and want to get the output of " stat " command for each file .i tried by this way but unable to visit the each file . #!/bin/bash echo "enter the file name" read file fun() ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newson
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Time to have FUN my Unix/Linux friends...(One liners)...MUST read.. !!

As a mind refresher, I was thinking to start a new thread for ONE LINERS....funny/weird or any technical one liners.... Let me start first...... ================================= #!/bin/ssh #The Unix Guru's View of Sex unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

You Want to Spend Time with Friends and Family a UNIX.com Cartoon Explainer

Well, this was kinda fun and different: You Want to Spend Time with Friends and Family a UNIX.com Cartoon Explainer https://youtu.be/6jPDpuxI2OA You want to spend time with friends and family. But you are stuck on some problem... Your Linux or Unix code is buggy and you don't know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
mq_unlink(3)						     Library Functions Manual						      mq_unlink(3)

NAME
mq_unlink - Removes a message queue (P1003.1b) LIBRARY
Realtime Library (librt.so, librt.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <mqueue.h> int mq_unlink ( const char *name); PARAMETERS
*name Specifies a pointer to the pathname of a message queue. DESCRIPTION
The mq_unlink function removes a message queue named by the pathname. After a successful call to this function, subsequent calls to the mq_open function fail if they specify the queue identified by the name argument and the O_CREAT flag is not set. Close the connection to the queue with a call to the mq_close function before calling the mq_unlink function. If one or more processes have the message queue open when mq_unlink is called, destruction of the queue is postponed until all references to the message queue are removed. In this situation, the mq_unlink function returns immediately, without waiting for all queue references to be closed. RETURN VALUES
On successful completion, the function returns the value 0 (zero); otherwise, the function returns the value -1, sets errno to indicate the error, and the message queue remains. ERRORS
The mq_unlink function fails under the following conditions: [EACCES] Permission is denied to unlink the message queue. [ENAMETOOLONG] The length of the name string exceeds {NAME_MAX} while {_POSIX_NO_TRUNC} is in effect. [ENOENT] The named message queue does not exist. Additionally, any error that can be returned by the open or fstat file system calls can be returned by the mq_unlink function. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: mq_close(3), mq_open(3) Guide to Realtime Programming delim off mq_unlink(3)