Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hex characters of ascii file
Operating Systems HP-UX Hex characters of ascii file Post 80702 by Perderabo on Wednesday 10th of August 2005 09:27:56 PM
Old 08-10-2005
Try:
od -h

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

converting hex to ascii

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows how to change hex code back into ascii. when i process a form: " / " turn to " %2F " " @ " turns to " %40 " " ' " turns to " %27 " " ( " turns to " %28 " " ) " turns to " %29 " this is my code so far: order.txt thanks, primal p.s.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: primal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ascii To Hex

How will I display on screen a UNIX ascii file with its HEX equivalent. I want to check whether 0D 0A is coming at the end of the file which I am generating from UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: augustinep
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert hex to ascii text

Is there a command to convert hex characters into their respective ascii values? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
5 Replies

4. Programming

converaion ASCII to HEX

anyone knows any formulae or flow chart or procedure to convert ASCII characters into HEXA values... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thippeswamy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert ascii values into ascii characters

Hi gurus, I have a file in unix with ascii values. I need to convert all the ascii values in the file to ascii characters. File contains nearly 20000 records with ascii values. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeeppvk
10 Replies

6. Programming

ascii to hex

Hello guys, i want to convert a text file to hex and have written this code : int main(int argc, char **argv) { ifstream file; string fileName = "CODEZ"; file.open(fileName.c_str()); // oeffen im Text-Modus if(file) {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingbruce
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

New line characters in Ascii file

I am having a file(1234.txt) downloaded from windows server (in Ascii format).However when i ftp this file to Unix server and try to work with it..i am unable to do anything.When i try to open the file using vi editor the file opens in the following format ... @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu2176
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing these non-ASCII characters from a file

Hi, I have many text files which contain some non-ASCII characters. I attach the screenshots of one of the files for people to have a look at. The issue is even after issuing the non-ASCII removal commands one of the characters does not go away. The character that goes away is the black one with a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Replacing Hex Characters In A File Using awk?

Hi guys, First off, i'm a complete noob to UNIX and LINUX so apologies if I don't understand the basics! I have a file which contains a hex value of '0D' at the end of each line when I look at it in a hex viewer. I need to change it so it contains a hex value of '0D0A0A' I thought... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyBSG
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies
isencrypt(3GEN) 				     String Pattern-Matching Library Functions					   isencrypt(3GEN)

NAME
isencrypt - determine whether a buffer of characters is encrypted SYNOPSIS
cc [flag]... [file]... -lgen [library]... #include<libgen.h> int isencrypt(const char *fbuf, size_t ninbuf); DESCRIPTION
isencrypt() uses heuristics to determine whether a buffer of characters is encrypted. It requires two arguments: a pointer to an array of characters and the number of characters in the buffer. isencrypt() assumes that the file is not encrypted if all the characters in the first block are ASCII characters. If there are non-ASCII characters in the first ninbuf characters, and if the setlocale() LC_CTYPE category is set to C or ascii, isencrypt() assumes that the buf- fer is encrypted If the LC_CTYPE category is set to a value other than C or ascii, then isencrypt() uses a combination of heuristics to determine if the buffer is encrypted. If ninbuf has at least 64 characters, a chi-square test is used to determine if the bytes in the buffer have a uniform distribution; if it does, then isencrypt() assumes the buffer is encrypted. If the buffer has less than 64 characters, a check is made for null characters and a terminating new-line to determine whether the buffer is encrypted. RETURN VALUES
If the buffer is encrypted, 1 is returned; otherwise, zero is returned. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
setlocale(3C), attributes(5) NOTES
When compiling multithreaded applications, the _REENTRANT flag must be defined on the compile line. This flag should only be used in mul- tithreaded applications. SunOS 5.11 29 Dec 1996 isencrypt(3GEN)