Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: memory stack problem
Top Forums Programming memory stack problem Post 80642 by mbb on Wednesday 10th of August 2005 10:02:44 AM
Old 08-10-2005
Memory problems are always a bugger to find, usually because the point of failure is not the fault, the fault lies elsewhere in your code.

One thing you can try - which is rather crude - is to comment out lines of code, recompile and run. If you continue to comment out lines of code sooner or later you will comment out the faultly line of code and the problem goes away.

In my own experience once you have identified the line of code causing your problem, a fix is not far behind.

This method has its limitations, of course, but it may help.

MBB

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stack problem

Hi, I'm a complete beginner at all this business so any help is appreciated. I have a script (not written by me) which I need to modify. My problems is.... tail -1c $file .... I understand this will return the final character of the $file variable. I need to make it return the first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastaCow
4 Replies

2. Programming

how to round up a memory address(memory alignment problem)

Hi, I try to marshal a unsigned int and a char * into a buffer, and then unmarshal them later to get them out. I need to put the char * in the front and unsigned int at the end of the buffer. However, my system always give me "BUS ERROR". I am using Sun Sparcs Sloris 2.10. My code to marshal... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj302
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

memory stack

Hello everbody: when issuing the ulimit -a, on my tru64 machone, I get the following: root@billing4# ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) 10485760 stack(kbytes) 32768 memory(kbytes) 10190528 coredump(blocks) 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aladdin
1 Replies

4. Programming

what is stack winding and stack unwinding

helo can u tell me what do you mean by stack winding and stack unwinding Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Problem with stack overflow

Hi, I get a problem with stack overflow on HP-UX, when running a C program. Pid 28737 received a SIGSEGV for stack growth failure. Possible causes: insufficient memory or swap space, or stack size exceeded maxssiz. The possible cause i found, was that the definition of a structure had... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikb23
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stack Memory

I have a java process that piles up the stack memory. ulimit -a core file size (blocks, -c) unlimited data seg size (kbytes, -d) unlimited file size (blocks, -f) unlimited open files (-n) 1024 pipe size (512 bytes, -p) 10 stack size ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack

Hi, I am new to the linux kernel development area. I want to know what is the difference between kernel mode stack and user mode stack? Does each process has a user mode stack and a kernel mode stack?? Or Each process has a user mode stack and there is only one kernel mode stack that is shared by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
4 Replies

8. Android

32MB USB Memory Stack Not Supported on Android?

Running latest Android for Galaxy Tab 8.9 and bought a 32GB USB flash memory stick for file transfers, etc. Would not work. Searched the net for clues and could not find any. Then, back at the IT store, found out that Galaxy Tab currently only supports up to 16GB for the USD flash memory stick.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)

NAME
git-stripspace - Remove unnecessary whitespace SYNOPSIS
git stripspace [-s | --strip-comments] git stripspace [-c | --comment-lines] DESCRIPTION
Read text, such as commit messages, notes, tags and branch descriptions, from the standard input and clean it in the manner used by Git. With no arguments, this will: o remove trailing whitespace from all lines o collapse multiple consecutive empty lines into one empty line o remove empty lines from the beginning and end of the input o add a missing to the last line if necessary. In the case where the input consists entirely of whitespace characters, no output will be produced. NOTE: This is intended for cleaning metadata, prefer the --whitespace=fix mode of git-apply(1) for correcting whitespace of patches or files in the repository. OPTIONS
-s, --strip-comments Skip and remove all lines starting with comment character (default #). -c, --comment-lines Prepend comment character and blank to each line. Lines will automatically be terminated with a newline. On empty lines, only the comment character will be prepended. EXAMPLES
Given the following noisy input with $ indicating the end of a line: |A brief introduction $ | $ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line $ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out. $ | $ |The end.$ | $ Use git stripspace with no arguments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out.$ |$ |The end.$ Use git stripspace --strip-comments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |The end.$ GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)