Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users copy files with invalid names Post 80588 by vino on Wednesday 10th of August 2005 01:30:00 AM
Old 08-10-2005
It works well

Look at this

Code:
[/tmp/vino]$ ls
vin:  vin\  vino  v@no
[/tmp/vino]$ cd ..
[/tmp]$ cp -r vino/ temp/
[/tmp]$ cd temp
[/tmp/temp]$ ls
vin:  vin\  vino  v@no

Vino

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

total number of files which have "aaa" in files whose names are File*_bbb*

I am getting the list of all the files which have "aaa" from files whose name is File*_bbb*. grep -l "aaa" File*_bbb* But I want to count the number of files. That is I want the total number of files which have "aaa" in files File*_bbb* If I run the following for getting number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheshnaiyer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Direct the invalid lines to a separate files

Hi, I have a pipe delimited file with 1 million records. I need to validate each line by counting the number of delimiters, if any line fails to have the specified number of delimiters, taat line has to be sent to a reject file. Kindly suggest. if code provided, it is highly appreciated, and... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandapani
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change files names

HI, Is there any possibility to change names of many files using "mv" and "for" loop ??? For ex. I have many txt files. file1.txt file2.txt ... And I tried something like this, but it's not working for (( i=1 ; $i<=10 ; i++ )) ; do mv file$i.txt newfile$1.txt; done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physix
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name

dear all. how can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name like i have 3 files 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 and i have 3 directories 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 how can i make a loop to cp this files into the directory have the same name like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t17
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name?

dear all. how can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name like i have 3 files 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 and i have 3 directories 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 how can i make a loop to cp this files into the directory have the same name like... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: t17
31 Replies

6. Solaris

How to safely copy full filesystems with large files (10Gb files)

Hello everyone. Need some help copying a filesystem. The situation is this: I have an oracle DB mounted on /u01 and need to copy it to /u02. /u01 is 500 Gb and /u02 is 300 Gb. The size used on /u01 is 187 Gb. This is running on solaris 9 and both filesystems are UFS. I have tried to do it using:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy files followed by list of names of all the files in /etc?

....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to compare names of files?

hi, can somebody tell me how to compare names of files? the situation is I have 2 files file1 and file2 and I want to figure out which file has the biggest ending, in this case file2 is. thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3270226
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files with same names in different folders

Hello, I am looking for a command line that can do some operations on two files that have the same names but in different folders. for example if folder A contains files 1.txt, 2.txt, 3.txt,.. folder B contains files 1.txt, 2.txt, 3.txt,.. If I would like to concatenate the two files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed EL Hadi
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies
vino-server(1)							   User Commands						    vino-server(1)

NAME
vino-server - remote desktop server SYNOPSIS
vino-server DESCRIPTION
vino-server is a remote desktop server based on VNC protocol. vino-server provides remote desktop takeover and remote desktop view func- tions. vino-server allows multiple client to access a GNOME desktop session remotely. It is based on the VNC technology. vino-server pro- vides service at port 5800. Each desktop has a vino server which disabled by default and a Java client application which is made available to a client via a web browser (via port 5900 of the server machine is the service is enabled by the user). FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/vino-server The executable file for the vino server application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-remote-desktop | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
vino-passwd(1), vino-preferences(1), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Steven Zhang, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. Updated by Halton Huo, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 15 Aug 2008 vino-server(1)