Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp command
Operating Systems Linux ftp command Post 80572 by RTM on Tuesday 9th of August 2005 09:21:48 PM
Old 08-09-2005
Not sure if this will help or not but try setting your passive mode. Also, please post what ftp you are using (post the OS and version too).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need help concerning the FTP command

How can I use it to copy and get files from other machines. if anyone knows of this FTP command, please post all that you know about it here so I can learn more. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP allo command

Hi there, It seems that the ftp command FTP: quote allo <byte size> does not initiate straight away? Why might this be, scenario below. I have had to up the byte limit in order to put a control file of 70K bytes on to a server. This placing of a control file is done at the beginning of a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nhatch
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Truss and the FTP command

I have been trying to perform the following command without success truss -feo truss.out ftp -nvd < ftpcmds.txt The error I am getting is "truss: cannot trace set_id or unreadable object file /usr/bin/ftp" I have tested the file that contains the ftp commands and it works fine with ftp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: canman
5 Replies

4. AIX

ftp command

How can i make ftp form my pc to my server ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls command in FTP

Hi , I am ftping one file from the remort server to local server. I have to choose the recent file from the remote server . To get the recent file i am using the following command. ftp -nvi $IP_ADDRESS user $USER_NAME $PASSWORD bin lcd $LOCAL_DIR cd $REMOT_DIR filename=ls -t ff*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ammu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP command ?

yesterday i was given an FTP command to use on UNIX Solaris and it was very straight forward and that's probably why i don't remember it, i only remember convoluded things apparently! but it was something as simple as this: ftp xyz_abc.com but that's apparently not it, does anyone know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

how to deny someone to use ftp command ?

hi,all, i have a question to trouble you. a workstation named AAA, and open the ftp services to permit user download and upload files. i have root password. a pc install windows 2k named BBB, someone install a serv-u ftp ( a ftp server software ) to transfer data. i don't have the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yarx
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get command to ftp subdirectories at once

How do I use the "get" command in unix to ftp a directory with many sudirectories at one shot? Any idea anyone?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp command

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, I just wan to know that if i want to do ftp that is I have the url of the remote server that is pngpcdb1.walmat.com , Now i want to do ftp and want to transfer some files...how ftp command in unix would help me in that...!!:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulsxn660
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp command

do we have any command run_ftp or this is a function. run_ftp -d $dir $fname $ddir $file b (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
2 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change your login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [-s shell] [-l] [-u] [-v] [username] DESCRIPTION
chsh is used to change your login shell. If a shell is not given on the command line, chsh prompts for one. chsh is used to change local entries only. Use ypchsh, lchsh or any other implementation for non-local entries. OPTIONS
-s, --shell shell Specify your login shell. -l, --list-shells Print the list of shells listed in /etc/shells and exit. -u, --help Print a usage message and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. VALID SHELLS
chsh will accept the full pathname of any executable file on the system. However, it will issue a warning if the shell is not listed in the /etc/shells file. On the other hand, it can also be configured such that it will only accept shells listed in this file, unless you are root. EXIT STATUS
Returns 0 if operation was successful, 1 if operation failed or command syntax was not valid. SEE ALSO
login(1), passwd(5), shells(5) AUTHOR
Salvatore Valente <svalente@mit.edu> AVAILABILITY
The chsh command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2009 CHSH(1)