Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers combine 2 lines (command & echo) Post 8054 by primal on Friday 5th of October 2001 01:30:48 AM
Old 10-05-2001
my code worked for you? hmm it wouldnt have anything to do with me being on an AIX system would it?

thanks for the code... just not clear on what all of it means lol
ill look over the code you gave me, but if anyone else has any ideas, i wouldnt mind seeing them.

thanks!
-primal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine two lines

Hi I have a file with the records 1 A B C D 2 E F G H 3 I J K L 4 M N O P In the ouput I want 1 A B C D 2 # F G H 3 I J K L 4 M N O P How to achieve this? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprg
10 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

[[ $(date +%Y) == 2007 ]] && echo "Happy New Year"

Same as the Title! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine 2 lines

Moderator, kindly delete this thread because I already found what I needed... thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine two perl lines into a single perl command

Hi Everyone, i have a string 00:44:40 so: $tmp=~ s/://gi; $tmp=~s/({2})({2})({2})/$1*3600+$2*60+$3/e; the output is 2680. Any way to combine this two lines into a single line? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append && echo "success" to all commands

I am learning to build from SVN and other tools, with a lot of copying and pasting from forums. I like to append && echo "success" to all commands so that I can see at a glance if things went all right. Is there a way that I can have the bash shell append this to all commands? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: combine Backtick & system() I/O operation?

Hi - Within perl I want to execute a system command. I want to re-direct all the output from the command to a file (@result = `$cmd`;), but I ALSO want the results to be displayed on the screen (system("$cmd"); The reason is this - if the command completes, I want to process the output. If the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffw_00
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine lines?

Hi, I have a file like this: "sdfc@abc.com","arovls","some addr ", "more stuff" "ssss@email.com","arovls","some addr", "sss" "edx@email.com","arovls","some addr", "sssdfvv" "ssss@a55.com","arovls","some addr", "lsdsdgf" "ssss@0234.com","aro vls","123 Main", "lSdfv" I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erniel
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine 2 files and output the unique & difference?

Hi Guys, I have two input files and I want to combine them and get the unique values and differences and put them into one file. See below desired output file. Inputfile1: 1111111 2222222 3333333 7860068 7860069 7860071 7860072 Inputfile2: 4444444 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines if fields match in lines

In the awk below, what I am attempting to do is check each line in the tab-delimeted input, which has ~20 lines in it, for a keyword SVTYPE=Fusion. If the keyword is found I am splitting $3 using the . (dot) and reading the portion before and after the dot in an array a. If it does have that... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove lines that do not start with digit and combine line or lines

I have been searching and trying to come up with an awk that will perform the following on a converted text file (original is a pdf). 1. Since the first two lines are (begin with) text they are removed 2. if $1 is a number then all text is merged (combined) into one line until the next... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
Bio::Tools::Run::Hmmer(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Bio::Tools::Run::Hmmer(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Tools::Run::Hmmer - Wrapper for local execution of hmmalign, hmmbuild, hmmcalibrate, hmmemit, hmmpfam, hmmsearch SYNOPSIS
# run hmmsearch (similar for hmmpfam) my $factory = Bio::Tools::Run::Hmmer->new(-hmm => 'model.hmm'); # Pass the factory a Bio::Seq object or a file name, returns a Bio::SearchIO my $searchio = $factory->hmmsearch($seq); while (my $result = $searchio->next_result){ while(my $hit = $result->next_hit){ while (my $hsp = $hit->next_hsp){ print join(" ", ( $result->query_name, $hsp->query->start, $hsp->query->end, $hit->name, $hsp->hit->start, $hsp->hit->end, $hsp->score, $hsp->evalue, $hsp->seq_str, )), " "; } } } # build a hmm using hmmbuild my $aio = Bio::AlignIO->new(-file => "protein.msf", -format => 'msf'); my $aln = $aio->next_aln; my $factory = Bio::Tools::Run::Hmmer->new(-hmm => 'model.hmm'); $factory->hmmbuild($aln); # calibrate the hmm $factory->calibrate(); # emit a sequence stream from the hmm my $seqio = $factory->hmmemit(); # align sequences to the hmm my $alnio = $factory->hmmalign(@seqs); DESCRIPTION
Wrapper module for Sean Eddy's HMMER suite of program to allow running of hmmalign, hmmbuild, hmmcalibrate, hmmemit, hmmpfam and hmmsearch. Binaries are available at http://hmmer.janelia.org/ You can pass most options understood by the command-line programs to new(), or set the options by calling methods with the same name as the argument. In both instances, case sensitivity matters. Additional methods are hmm() to specifiy the hmm file (needed for all HMMER programs) which you would normally set in the call to new(). The HMMER programs must either be in your path, or you must set the environment variable HMMERDIR to point to their location. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: http://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Shawn Hoon Email: shawnh-at-gmx.net CONTRIBUTORS
Shawn Hoon shawnh-at-gmx.net Jason Stajich jason -at- bioperl -dot- org Scott Markel scott -at- scitegic -dot com Sendu Bala bix@sendu.me.uk APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : $HMMER->new(@params) Function: Creates a new HMMER factory Returns : Bio::Tools::Run::HMMER Args : -hmm => filename # the hmm, used by all program types; if not set # here, must be set with hmm() method prior to # running anything -_READMETHOD => 'hmmer' (default) || 'hmmer_pull' # the parsing # module to use for # hmmpfam/hmmsearch Any option supported by a Hmmer program, where switches are given a true value, eg. -q => 1, EXCEPT for the following which are handled internally/ incompatible: h verbose a compat pvm WARNING: the default sequence format passed to hmmpfam is msf. If you are using a different format, you need to pass it with informat. e.g. my $factory = Bio::Tools::Run::Hmmer->new(-hmm => 'model.hmm', -informat => 'fasta'); -q is synonymous with -quiet -o is synonymous with -outfile # may be specified here, allowing run() to be used, or # it can be omitted and the corresponding method (eg. # hmmalign()) used later. -program => hmmalign|hmmbuild|hmmcalibrate|hmmemit|hmmpfam|hmmsearch run Title : run Usage : $obj->run($seqFile) Function: Runs one of the Hmmer programs, according to the current setting of program() (as typically set during new(-program => 'name')). Returns : A Bio::SearchIO, Bio::AlignIO, Bio::SeqIO or boolean depending on the program being run (see method corresponding to program name for details). Args : A Bio::PrimarySeqI, Bio::Align::AlignI or filename hmmalign Title : hmmalign Usage : $obj->hmmalign() Function: Runs hmmalign Returns : A Bio::AlignIO Args : list of Bio::SeqI OR Bio::Align::AlignI OR filename of file with sequences or an alignment hmmbuild Title : hmmbuild Usage : $obj->hmmbuild() Function: Runs hmmbuild, outputting an hmm to the file currently set by method hmm() or db(), or failing that, o() or outfile(), or failing that, to a temp location. Returns : true on success Args : Bio::Align::AlignI OR filename of file with an alignment hmmcalibrate Title : hmmcalibrate Usage : $obj->hmmcalibrate() Function: Runs hmmcalibrate Returns : true on success Args : none (hmm() must be set, most likely by the -hmm option of new()), OR optionally supply an hmm filename to set hmm() and run hmmemit Title : hmmemit Usage : $obj->hmmemit() Function: Runs hmmemit Returns : A Bio::SeqIO Args : none (hmm() must be set, most likely by the -hmm option of new()), OR optionally supply an hmm filename to set hmm() and run hmmpfam Title : hmmpfam Usage : $obj->hmmpfam() Function: Runs hmmpfam Returns : A Bio::SearchIO Args : A Bio::PrimarySeqI, Bio::Align::AlignI or filename hmmsearch Title : hmmsearch Usage : $obj->hmmsearch() Function: Runs hmmsearch Returns : A Bio::SearchIO Args : A Bio::PrimarySeqI, Bio::Align::AlignI or filename _setinput Title : _setinput Usage : $obj->_setinput() Function: Internal(not to be used directly) Returns : filename Args : A Bio::PrimarySeqI, Bio::Align::AlignI or filename _run Title : _run Usage : $obj->_run() Function: Internal(not to be used directly) Returns : Bio::SearchIO Args : file name _setparams Title : _setparams Usage : Internal function, not to be called directly Function: creates a string of params to be used in the command string Returns : string of params Args : none program_name Title : program_name Usage : $factory>program_name() Function: holds the program name Returns : string Args : none program_dir Title : program_dir Usage : $factory->program_dir(@params) Function: returns the program directory, obtained from ENV variable. Returns : string Args : none _writeSeqFile Title : _writeSeqFile Usage : obj->_writeSeqFile($seq) Function: Internal(not to be used directly) Returns : filename Args : list of Bio::SeqI _writeAlignFile Title : _writeAlignFile Usage : obj->_writeAlignFile($seq) Function: Internal(not to be used directly) Returns : filename Args : list of Bio::Align::AlignI perl v5.12.3 2011-06-18 Bio::Tools::Run::Hmmer(3pm)