Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers command for copy file from CD to Linux box Post 80485 by 98_1LE on Monday 8th of August 2005 06:09:30 PM
Old 08-08-2005
If this is the file you want to copy:
/path/to/some/file

And you want to put it in:

/some/random/directory

Use:
cp /path/to/some/file /some/random/directory

If you want to rename file to newfile, use:
cp /path/to/some/file /some/random/directory/newfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from unix box to other

Hi all, I am new to UNIX. I have to copy a .ksh file from the production box PEDFX to test box BREMTX. Can anyone please suggest how I do this? I have CRT loaded on my system. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FORUM
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Reboot a linux box from a windows box

HI All, I need a script to reboot a linux box from a windows box. The script needs to run automatically whenever a sitescope alerts with an error message. Have searched for this in the forums, but could not get something relative. Pls. let me know the various alternatives we have to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need an scp command from a unix box to a windows box.

scp file="myfile.txt" todir="user@somehost:(M:drive:/somepath/)"/ Not sure I need it to go to a specific drive on the windows box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Need to copy printers from Sol8 box to Sol10 box-No luck so far

I need to copy the printers currently installed on a Sol8 box to a Sol10 box. I tried copying the printers.conf file from the Sol8 box and that worked until I went through the file and changed the server name to that of the Sol10 box. Another post on this forum suggested copying the entire... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: todis
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from Remote Unix box to windows machine

Hi I need to copy a file from the remote unix server to windows machine. I read lot of thrad but didn't worked out. Requesting all to please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerspice
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy file from unix box to another unix box

Hi, I am new for perl scripting, I need a script to copy a log file /test/test_yyyymmdd.dat from one unix box to another unix box location /check/check1/ at daily 2:00AM, please let me know how to do that...... Regards, Ann (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabrine
8 Replies

7. Web Development

How to copy a selected value of list box into a text box in html form?

hi, i have a list box , a text box and a button in a html form. list box displays some values, when a user selects a value from the list box and press the button. the selected value should be copied to the text box value. can any1 give me a html and javascript code to do this facility. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command to copy files from Windows to UNIX box

Hi Folks, I have a file name abc.xml in my windows machine at the location c:\ytr\abc.xml which I want to place at the unix box machine inside cde directory.. at the following location that is /opt/app/cde/ now the credentials of unix box are abc345 -->(dummyid) ftyiu88--->(dummy passwd) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to access redhat Linux box graphically from windows box?

Hi I have a linux box and need to access from windows graphically # uname -a Linux pc-l416116 2.6.18-155.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jun 19 17:06:47 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux What components do I need to install on Linux and windows to do that? TIA (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
6 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Copying , renaming the file from windox box and ftp to Linux box

Hello my dear friends, Two file are auto generated from mon - fri at different directories on same windows box.Every day i have to copy the file, rename it (specific name)and ftp it to linux box specified directory. is it possible to automate this process,If yes this has to be done from windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umesh yadav
1 Replies
GTKADA2-DIALOG(1)					    GtkAda 2 programming manual 					 GTKADA2-DIALOG(1)

NAME
gtkada2-dialog - Display a GTK+ dialog box from the command line. SYNOPSIS
gtkada2-dialog [dialog_type [justification]] DESCRIPTION
gtkada2-dialog displays the contents of its standard input in a GTK+ dialog box. This is the version supplied with GtkAda version 2, and it uses GTK+ 2 widgets. OPTIONS
dialog_type The type of dialog box desired. Possible values are: warning A message box with an exclamation point. error A message box with a red stop sign. information A message box with an "information" sign: white "i" on blue background. confirmation A message box with a question mark. custom A message box with no pixmap and a user-defined caption. The default type is information. justification The type of justification desired for the text of the message. Possible values are justify_left, justify_right, justify_center and justify_fill. The default is justify_center. COPYRIGHT FOR THIS MAN PAGE
This man page has been written by Ludovic Brenta for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution, from information given by the GtkAda authors Emmanuel Briot, Joel Brobecker and Arnaud Charlet. Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documenta- tion. Debian GNU/Linux 25 Nov 2003 GTKADA2-DIALOG(1)