Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Video/Audio Streaming in C?
Top Forums Programming Video/Audio Streaming in C? Post 80433 by pappu on Monday 8th of August 2005 11:10:01 AM
Old 08-08-2005
Question Video/Audio Streaming in C?

Hi Folks,

I have just joined, and have a problem...

I am doing my thesis and need to transfer a file from server to the client, while doing that I want to stream the file ( the files being video/audio files).
I am unable to figure out abt the streaming part...if there exist any libraries to invoke a player(mplayer/xine) to stream the file while it is being transferred? Smilie

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
-Pappu

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Red Hat

Firefox no audio on fedora while streaming video

My apology if i'm not on the right forum to post. Hope anybody out there could help me out with this problem. i'm running firefox 3.5 on fedora, then streaming video from websites like youtube produces no audio. i have flash-plugin from adobe installed on the system here is the what i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
1 Replies
LIBPLAYER-TEST(1)					      General Commands Manual						 LIBPLAYER-TEST(1)

NAME
libplayer-test - a test media player utility which uses libplayer SYNOPSIS
libplayer-test [options ...] [files ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the libplayer-test command. libplayer-test is a command-line media player which uses libplayer as a backend. It is mainly used to test and exercise libplayer capabili- ties. OPTIONS
-h --help this help -p --player <player> specify the player (mplayer|xine|vlc|gstreamer) -a --audio <audioout> specify the audio output (alsa|oss|pulse|null) -g --video <videoout> specify the video output (x11|sdl:x11|xv|gl|vdpau|fb|directfb|vaapi|null) -g --quality <level> specify the picture quality (0|1|2, best to worse) -v --verbose increase verbosity Default values are dummy player, auto video and auto audio output. Commands to use libplayer-test: # change playback mode (auto or single) . change loop value and mode , enable/disable shuffle on the playlist % write a text on the OSD k enable/disable OSD +/- increase/decrease speed ]/[ audio delay +/- 100 ms 0/9 increase/decrease volume m set/unset mute 2/1 5s forward/backward 3/4 previous/next audio track 5/6 previous/next subtitle 7/8 previous/next TV analog channel {/} previous/next radio channel (/) previous/next chapter u toggle subtitle visibility a change aspect ratio (original/16:9) l load a stream in the playlist v print properties and metadata of the current stream j take a video snapshot of a specific time position y select a radio channel z select a TV channel i print current time position p start a new playback o pause/unpause the current playback s stop the current playback b start the previous stream in the playlist n start the next stream in the playlist c continue with the next stream accordingly to the playback mode r remove the current stream of the playlist t remove all streams of the playlist q quit libplayer-test Commands for dvdnav: ARROWS menu navigation BACKSPACE return to menu ENTER select SEE ALSO
libplayer-testvdr (1) AUTHOR
libplayer was written by Benjamin Zores <ben@geexbox.org> and Mathieu Schroeter <mathieu.schroeter@mycable.ch>. This manual page was written by Davide Cavalca <davide@geexbox.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 10/12/2009 LIBPLAYER-TEST(1)