Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loop in remote shell command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop in remote shell command Post 80396 by aigles on Monday 8th of August 2005 02:29:56 AM
Old 08-08-2005
Try this :

Code:
rsh myhost -l root 'lsvg|xargs lsvg'

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remote shell command

1. is there anyone know what is the record format for file .rhosts ? 2. where to put .rhosts file ? is it on caller or on callee ? 3. will remsh command works if callee is not unix platform (say AS400) ? 4. best regards, Yatno (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yatno
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command not working with rsh(remote shell)

Hi, root@air01a>SS7Manager -status This command gives correct output. But when I write this in script and run it on SUNMC (which can connect to air01 and by default login as root). It gives the error "SS7manager not found" or "can not open". Here is the scripts. #!/bin/sh rsh air01a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lastkey
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell - Command Inside a Loop

I have a command nested in some while loops to parse some data that looks something like this. while ($condition) while ($condition) ... gzcat /dir/$fileName.gz | grep $searchString > out_file end end On the first loop, the command is executed properly (and takes maybe 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hobbers
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting Variables WITHIN For Loop in DOS Command Shell

I'm wondering if any of you could lend an assist with a small problem. First, I'm under the impression I need to use Delayed Environment Variable Expansion (DEVE), based on other things I've read across the web. Summary: trying to use command shell (cmd.exe) in XP sp3 (if that's relevant) to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing command in a remote machine through ssh - shell script

Hi All, i have two machines like x and y . my requirement is i should connect to machine Y from x through ssh connection . and do some operation such as copy and move and delete files in Y machine . i tried with this code but it is doing in machine x only . and i need to exit from Y when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I run a shell command in a while loop?

The command is: sic -h irc.freenode.net 2>&1 | tee -a irc.log Where sic is an IRC client, and I'm piping the output to tee in order to log my IRC sessions. I'm trying to handle reconnects by running it in a while loop in the shell process and cat the initial commands into sic's stdin. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop stops after first iteration - remote ssh exit command problem?

I have written the following script to update some Debian boxes. #!/bin/bash mxg_hosts_file="/etc/mxg/ssh-hosts" while read line ; do mxg_host="$(echo ${line} | awk -F":" '{print $1}')" mxg_port="$(echo ${line} | awk -F":" '{print $2}')" echo "Connecting and Upgrading... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Until string from remote command equals value run remote command

I solved my issue by using the following code #!/bin/bash function GET_STATUS { #values Active Passive Failed ssh -a localhost '/home/user/fakecommand.sh' } STATE="unknown" until ] do echo $STATE sleep 5 STATUS=`GET_STATUS` echo $STATUS | grep Active &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: $scipt_Kid
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If else condition inside for loop of awk command in UNIX shell scripting

Hi , Please excuse me for opening a new thread i am unable to find out the syntax error in my if else condition inside for loop in awk command , my actual aim is to print formatted html td tag when if condition (True) having string as "failed", could anyone please advise what is the right... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the for loop output from a remote server in UNIX shell scripting?

Hi, I am using ksh , when i try to use for loop i am getting the expected output. $for variable in $(ps -fu user | grep -i something/ | grep -i something | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}');do > grep $variable /tmp/some_path/*/* > done when tried the below to remote server, getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)