Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Interfaces do not failover
Operating Systems Solaris Interfaces do not failover Post 80364 by pressy on Saturday 6th of August 2005 06:39:40 PM
Old 08-06-2005
Quote:
Thanks Pressy. I found out that this behavior is a solaris
default. Multipathing software would be needed to allow
failover of both interfaces.
the IPMP feature is provided by solaris oe (think since sunos 5.8 it is included), you don't need an additional software. with the configuration i have posted before both interfaces, both IP addresses (hostip1 & hostip2) could do a failover...
gP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

directories failover

Hi, I have 3 directories (/1 /2 and /3) with same contents and want to achieve fail over among them. The Solution i thought of: 1. link /data to /1 (and provide users with /data to access) 2. CRON a script (to run every minute) to verify if /1 exist or not, if it does not exist (or its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
3 Replies

2. AIX

failover on 4.5 hacmp

Hi All, How do I trigger the failover on the second hacmp server? Please give me idea and I will do the rest. Thanks, itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LAMP Server Failover

How does everyone else handle this? My Setup: Server A: CentOS 5.x 10.0.0.1 Apache MySQL Master Server B: CentOS 5.x 10.0.0.2 Apache MySQL Slave My Domains: dom1.com A record: 10.0.0.1 A Record: 10.0.0.2 dom2.com A record: 10.0.0.1 A Record: 10.0.0.2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

4. AIX

POWER6 VIO Failover

Hello, Can someone point to me document or the method to make failover for VIO Servers ? I have one VIO_Server1 which has 4 AIX LPARS - From the VIO_SERVER1 I have assigned virtual SCSI DISK to the four LPARS - For Ethernet I have used LHEA So, if my VIO Server1 crashes all the LPARS... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
17 Replies

5. Solaris

EMC Failover

Hi guys, I'm running vxdmp and powerpath at the same time. Vxdmp for internal disks and powerpath for external. The problem is that, on the failover tests which a fiber cable should be removed, the system cannot recognize the disks. Any hints on how to configure powerpath in order to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glenioborges
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

IP failover needed

All, I am looking to setup a simple IP failover setup, but it seems every place i look has some difficult setup like pacemaker or LVS. I only want to handle the IP piece to failover a VIP. Any suggestions? I checked out keepalived and that my work for me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
4 Replies

7. Gentoo

How to failover the cluster ?

How to failover the cluster ? GNU/Linux By which command, My Linux version 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux What are the prerequisites we need to take while failover ? if any Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
3 Replies

8. Linux

dhcpd failover with static IP

Hi I am a bit confused, I want to setup failover within dhcpd. There are multiple subnets and hosts with static IP's. however it seems I need to set up an IP range for the subnets for failover to work is this correct or am I missing something (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eeisken
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Interfaces and Virtual-interfaces queries

Hi Al, In course of understanding networking in Solaris, I have these doubts on Interfaces. Please clarify me. I have done fair research in this site and others but could not be clarified. 1. In the "ifconfig -a" command, I see many interfaces and their configurations. But I see many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
1 Replies

10. AIX

Etherchannel failover testing

Hi Guys, I am trying to test an etherchannel failover and switchback. I did failover from primary to backup adapter, but now I am not able to switch it back to primary. phcxxxxx:/ > entstat -d ent4 | grep Active Active channel: backup adapter ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)