Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Noobiest question ever.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Noobiest question ever. Post 80172 by idiotstik on Wednesday 3rd of August 2005 08:32:54 PM
Old 08-03-2005
terribly sorry for not reading the rules. but thank you for showing them to me. im new here.

but im haveing a situation because my computer wont open and iso program.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Next Question:

what is the function of swap in linux why i have to create apsolutely a particion for the swap when i install (i installed lnx4win mandrake and made an automat. disk particion and the install program one of my disk partitions that was 3gb devidet in 4 one native 700mb swap 600mb and the others i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user666
1 Replies

2. Linux

I have a question...

hello,I want to get a free linux(English).How to get it?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerry_wang
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question

hallo, ik heb hier een vraagje. hoeveel gebruikers kunnen er op 1 unix systeem. hopelijk antwoorden golle nu want ik moet da vinde voor school en die leerkracht zaagt. :p groetjes eu wacht wa was mijne nick ah ja vraagje groetjes vraagje ik kan geen engels dus antwoord liever in het... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vraagje
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

question

how do i write a script that'll open what i entered and scan it for a certain line of text. for example, i enter a filename (that exists) and in that file i want to scan a certain word that'll show how much of that word appears throughout the file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrhenry
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question

I need to write a script file that will tell me the largest number in a group of numbers. ANy help is greatly appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vi Question

Hi Guys I have a quick question I have a file that is approx 1.5 million lines long of which most of the lines start with INFO: some info INFO: some more info INFO: etc I want to remove these lines I was thinking along the lines of :%s/INFO*//g but this does not work None... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahambo2005
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me these Question??

1. How the Unix system identify the Other User to access for file permission? 2. What command we use to convert the extension of a file name? 3. What command use to convert other editing file to Unix based text file? Please answer of these Question???Its necessary for me?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradipta_pks
3 Replies

8. Programming

C++ little question

Hi, I am doing a C++ self-study and I got stuck with this problem. I want to have a code that asks the suer to enter two numbers and then it lists the numbers between these two numbers. It has also to print a message if these two numbers are equal. Here is what I wrote: #include <iostream>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A question

Hi, I'm new to unix and got struck here.Can any one help me out.My question is .. is the command if ; then echo "do some stuff" fi correct? Thanks in advance abhijeet (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhijeet_Atti
18 Replies
LINUX-VERSION(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LINUX-VERSION(1)

NAME
linux-version - operate on Linux kernel version strings SYNOPSIS
linux-version compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 linux-version sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] linux-version list [--paths] DESCRIPTION
linux-version operates on Linux kernel version strings as reported by uname -r and used in file and directory names. These version strings do not follow the same rules as Debian package version strings and should not be compared as such or as arbitrary strings. compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 Compare version strings, where OP is a binary operator. linux-version returns success (zero result) if the specified condition is satisfied, and failure (nonzero result) otherwise. The valid operators are: lt le eq ne ge gt sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] Sort the given version strings and print them in order from lowest to highest. If the --reverse option is used, print them in order from highest to lowest. If no version strings are given as arguments, the version strings will instead be read from standard input, one per line. They may be suffixed by arbitrary text after a space, which will be included in the output. This means that, for example: linux-version list --paths | linux-version sort --reverse will list the installed versions and corresponding paths in order from highest to lowest version. list [--paths] List kernel versions installed in the customary location. If the --paths option, show the corresponding path for each version. AUTHOR
linux-version and this manual page were written by Ben Hutchings as part of the Debian linux-base package. 30 March 2011 LINUX-VERSION(1)