Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Noobiest question ever.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Noobiest question ever. Post 80170 by woofie on Wednesday 3rd of August 2005 08:10:14 PM
Old 08-03-2005
Run a search on this forum this questions hase been answered many a times.

There is a link someone on teh forum to for where you can downlaod Linux I just can't find it right now. but www.linuxiso.org

Also you shoudl read the forum rules

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Next Question:

what is the function of swap in linux why i have to create apsolutely a particion for the swap when i install (i installed lnx4win mandrake and made an automat. disk particion and the install program one of my disk partitions that was 3gb devidet in 4 one native 700mb swap 600mb and the others i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user666
1 Replies

2. Linux

I have a question...

hello,I want to get a free linux(English).How to get it?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerry_wang
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question

hallo, ik heb hier een vraagje. hoeveel gebruikers kunnen er op 1 unix systeem. hopelijk antwoorden golle nu want ik moet da vinde voor school en die leerkracht zaagt. :p groetjes eu wacht wa was mijne nick ah ja vraagje groetjes vraagje ik kan geen engels dus antwoord liever in het... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vraagje
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

question

how do i write a script that'll open what i entered and scan it for a certain line of text. for example, i enter a filename (that exists) and in that file i want to scan a certain word that'll show how much of that word appears throughout the file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrhenry
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question

I need to write a script file that will tell me the largest number in a group of numbers. ANy help is greatly appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vi Question

Hi Guys I have a quick question I have a file that is approx 1.5 million lines long of which most of the lines start with INFO: some info INFO: some more info INFO: etc I want to remove these lines I was thinking along the lines of :%s/INFO*//g but this does not work None... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahambo2005
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me these Question??

1. How the Unix system identify the Other User to access for file permission? 2. What command we use to convert the extension of a file name? 3. What command use to convert other editing file to Unix based text file? Please answer of these Question???Its necessary for me?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradipta_pks
3 Replies

8. Programming

C++ little question

Hi, I am doing a C++ self-study and I got stuck with this problem. I want to have a code that asks the suer to enter two numbers and then it lists the numbers between these two numbers. It has also to print a message if these two numbers are equal. Here is what I wrote: #include <iostream>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A question

Hi, I'm new to unix and got struck here.Can any one help me out.My question is .. is the command if ; then echo "do some stuff" fi correct? Thanks in advance abhijeet (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhijeet_Atti
18 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)