Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Fetch "my" IP address in HPUX 10.20 Post 8006 by brianleahy on Thursday 4th of October 2001 02:17:06 PM
Old 10-04-2001
Question Fetch "my" IP address in HPUX 10.20

It sure sounds like a simple request....

I need some C code that will enable me to fetch the IP address of the tty attached to the current process.

In short:

char *myIPAddress(void)
{
// somebody help me fill in this part!!
}

-BLSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

HPUX net-SNMP interpreter "/bin/perl" not found

I am trying to install net-snmp on an HPUX box. I am getting the fallowing error message when I try to run the snmpconf file. I installed the fallowing version of net-snmp net-snmp-5.0.10.2-HP-UX_B.11.11_9000_800.tar and my HPUX box is version HP-UX commnms B.11.11 U 9000/800... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krisarmstrong
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Programming

php stop "internal row pointer" when fetch from mysql

Hi gurus, I need to call php function for fetching data from mysql but I dont want to move internal row pointer (IRP) forward. Or even get the actual IRP position then fetch data and move IRP back to remembered position. Function mysql_data_seek() is not suitable for my example because I am trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakatana
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

mk_kernel : "dev_config" error (hpux 11.23)

Any clue why I'm getting the error below? I would greatly appreciate any help. HP ITRC is already engaged since this morning but until now I haven't got any resolution. I'm wondering if anybody out there got an idea on how to fix this. Thanks in advance. This is my system: HPUX11i-OE-Ent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msgameng
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HPUX "bdf" , "%" align to right side.

Hi All, Need you help. I have HPUX “bdf” output, I need % to be align to right side. if you see there are long file systems lv so i cant do column formatting. Any idea or best way to align the "%" to be right side. /dev/emcvg02/lv01 52428800 29931 49123947 0% /abc/disco/iasbin... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashanabey
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
SNP(4)                                                     BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                     SNP(4)

NAME
snp -- tty snoop interface SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/snoop.h> int ioctl(fd, SNPSTTY, &dev); int ioctl(fd, SNPGTTY, &dev); int ioctl(fd, FIONREAD, &result); DESCRIPTION
/dev/snp is a snoop device which allows users to attach to any tty and watch activities on it. The kernel must be compiled with device snp, or the snp module must be loaded, for these devices to be available. To associate a given snp device with a tty to be observed, open the snp device and a tty device, and then issue the SNPSTTY ioctl on snp device. The argument passed to the ioctl(2) is the address of a variable of type int, holding the file descriptor of a tty device. To detach the snp device from a tty use a pointer to a value of -1. The SNPGTTY ioctl returns information about the current tty attached to the open snp device. The FIONREAD ioctl returns a positive value equal to the number of characters in a read buffer. Special values defined are: SNP_OFLOW device overflow occurred, device detached. SNP_TTYCLOSE tty not attached. SNP_DETACH snp device has been detached by user or tty device has been closed and detached. SEE ALSO
pty(4), sio(4), kldload(8), watch(8) HISTORY
The snp device first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. In FreeBSD 8.0 the snp driver was rewritten to work with the replaced TTY subsystem. AUTHORS
The author of the current implementation is Ed Schouten <ed@FreeBSD.org>. Previous versions of snp were based on code written by Ugen J.S. Antsilevich <ugen@NetVision.net.il>. BUGS
This version of snp does not return proper error codes when calling FIONREAD. It also does not allow SNPSTTY to detach itself from the TTY. BSD November 5, 2008 BSD