Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cutting the top two lines, and also charachters below. Post 80020 by Perderabo on Tuesday 2nd of August 2005 02:20:13 PM
Old 08-02-2005
try:
sed '1,2d'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cutting lines out using sed I presume.

Happy New Year!!! I'm trying to cut out some text in a data file where I only want the first line and the last line. For example. 1. Colin Was here <<-- Text I want to cut out 2. THIS IS THE TEXT I WANT TO CUT <- CUT THIS OUT 3. OUT BECAUSE IT'S NO GOOD TO ME <- CUT THIS OUT 4. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfoxwell
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

max charachters for usernames

Can anyone tell me what the charachter maximum on a username is in SunOs 5.6. Thanks Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m.szylkarski
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cutting n consecutive lines from a file...

Hi, I have this problem of separating 10 consecutive lines from a file, say starting from 21 to 30... I have used a filter like this.. head -n 30 myfile | tail -n 10 Is there a simpler way than this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help cutting consecutive lines with sed or awk

HI All, I want to cut 5 lines after a pattern using sed or awk. can any one tell me how to do it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghin
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting specific lines from a file

Hi, I have a file named Mani.txt. The contents are like this cat Mani.txt -------------------------------------------------------- Hi there how r u My Name is Mani Bye ------------------------------------------------------------ I want to cut the first and last lines from the file... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathanjalireddy
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cutting lines

Dear All, Is there a way to cut the lines that have been "head" Here is what i m trying to do Please advice there is file name dummy.txt now i am trying to head this file 4 time by using a loop and every time this file is head with different values e.g in first instance it will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting fields from lines with multiple spaces

Please see the following code, between "status" and "OK" exists many spaces, I want to get status OK . how to ignore multi spaces? If tab exists in the spaces, how to ignore it ? Is there other commands can replace cut? $ echo 'drv status OK'| cut... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cutting lines if conditions are met

Hi. I am not sure how to solve this problem and if it is possible to do so with scripting. :wall: Let's say I have this data: A 12345 12360 A 12359 12380 A 12381 12390 A 12400 12450 A 12451 12460 B 23456 23460 B 23470 23480 B 23477 23505 I wan't each line to be compared in this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieladna
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print n lines from top and n lines from bottom of all files with .log extenstion

Oracle Linux 6.4 In a directory I have more than 300 files with the extension .log I want the first 5 and last 5 lines of these .log files to be printed on screen with each file's name. Expected output : Printing first 5 and last 5 lines of FX_WT_Feb8_2014.log !! Authentication... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cutting specific columns from lines

I am trying to remove columns 81-97 from a line that can be as long as 114 characters. Because a number of lines might not have under 80 characters, using the cut command following by paste could be a problem. While sed might work, is there some other utility that could do this more easily? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
9 Replies
CH_LAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 CH_LAB(1)

NAME
ch_lab -- change/copy label files SYNOPSIS
ch_lab [-S frame spacing] [-start time] [-end time] [-ext file extension] [-extract file] [-extend time] [-f sample frequency] [-lf sample frequency] [-itype file type] [-key key file] [-lablist list of labels] [-length time] [-map map file] [-name feature name] [-class class] [-o output file] [-otype file type] [-pad high | low] [-pos list of labels] [-q timestep] [-range range] [-sed sed file] [fl shift time delta] [-style output stype] [-vocab vocab file] [-verify] [-nopath] [-base] [-combine] [-divide] [-h] input files ... DESCRIPTION
ch_lab copies from one or more input label files to an output label file, optionally performing various operations along the way. The following option flags are recognized: -h Print a summary of usage to standard output. -S frame spacing frame spacing of output -start time start time, in seconds, for label extraction -end time end time, in seconds, for label extraction -ext file extension filename extension to use for multiple output files -extract file extract a single file from a list of files -extend time extend track file by time seconds beyond label file -f sample frequency sample frequency of label file -lf sample frequency sample frequency for labels -itype file type type of input label file: esps htk ogi -key key file key label file -lablist list list of labels to be considered as blank -length time length of track produced, in seconds -map map file label mapping file -name feature name eg. Fo Phoneme -class class name of class defined in op file -o output file output file name -otype file type output file type: xmg, ascii, esps, htk -pad high | low pad with high or low values -pos list list of labels to be regarded as 'pos' -q timestep quantize label timings to nearst value -range range difference between high and low values -sed sed file perform regex editing using sed file fl shift time delta shift the times of the labels -style output style output style e.g. track -vocab file file containing list of words in vocabulary -verify check that only labels in vocab file are in label file -nopath ignore pathnames when searching label lists -base use base filenames for lists of label files -combine -divide SEE ALSO
ch_wave(1) ch_track(1) Edinburgh Speech Tools April 5, 2001 Edinburgh Speech Tools