Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find all files by month
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find all files by month Post 79893 by maldini on Tuesday 2nd of August 2005 02:35:17 AM
Old 08-02-2005
Find all files by month

Hi,

I am trying to do achieving of files by months.

find /test -name \*.* -mtime +30
will give me the result of all modified files after 30 days.
But lets say i want to list all files that is modified in last months... what is the command to do it?
Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

find files modified in a specific month

hello i need a way to list files modified in a specific month and move them to a specific directry , i mean somthing like : find . -modifiedtime "May" -print -exec /usr/bin/mv newdirectory thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omer_ome
1 Replies

2. Solaris

hello i need a way to list files modified in a specific month and move them to a specific directry , i mean somthing like : find . -modifiedtime "May" -print -exec /usr/bin/mv newdirectory thank u (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i find the third friday of each month?

Help please! I need to read the calendar and put the date of the third Friday of each month into a variable for comparison in an "if" statement. How would I do this? Thnx, leslie02 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: leslie02
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find last two files for a month?

Hi All, I need to find last two files for the month. lets say there are following files in directory -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 15:43 c.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 21 15:43 d.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 22 15:43 f.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month

Hi All, I need to find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month and month/year wise list. lets say there are following files in directory Mar 19 2012 c.txt Mar 19 2012 cc.txt Mar 21 2012 d.txt Mar 22 2012 f.txt Mar 24 2012 h.txt Mar 25 2012 w.txt Feb 12... (16 Replies)
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files for same month and year?

Hi All, I find all files for same month and year lets say there are following files in directory -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 c.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 21 2012 d.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 22 2012 f.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files other than first two dates & last date per month and year?

how to find all files other than first two dates & last date per month and year Hi All, lets say there are following files in directory -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 a.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 b.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg ... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files other than last two dates per month and year?

Hi All, lets say there are following files in directory -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 a.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 b.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 22 2012 c.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 24 2012 d.txt... (16 Replies)
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need last month files after 10th of every month

Hi, I need all file names in a folder which has date >= 10th of last month, Example : files in folder AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT BUTO_F1_20140616.TXT CUTO_F1_20140603.TXT FA_AUTO_06012014.TXT LA_AUTO_06112014.TXT MA_AUTO_06212014.TXT ZA_AUTO_06232014.TXT Output: AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
9 Replies
ff_vxfs(1M)															       ff_vxfs(1M)

NAME
ff_vxfs: ff - fast find: list file names and statistics for a VxFS file system SYNOPSIS
num] num] inode-list] num] file] prefix] special... DESCRIPTION
reads the inode list and directories of each special file, assuming it to be a VxFS file system, and prints inode data for files that match the selection criteria. Output consists of the pathname for each saved inode, plus any other file information requested using the print options below. Output fields are positional. The output is produced in inode order; fields are separated by tabs. The default line pro- duced by is: pathname inumber The pathname is preceded by a dot unless you specify the generic option. The maximum information displays is: pathname inumber size owner The num parameter in the options descriptions is a decimal number, where means more than num days, means less than num days, and num means exactly num days. A day is defined as a 24-hour period. prints summary information to standard error output in addition to the report sent to standard output. Options recognizes the following options: Select a file if the inode has been accessed in num days. Select a file if the inode has been changed in num days. Specify the VxFS file system type. Generate names for any inodes specified in the inode-list. Do not display the inode number after each pathname. Generate a list of all pathnames for files with more than one link. Select a file associated with the inode if it has been modified in num days. Select a file associated with an inode if it has been modified more recently than the specified file. Add the specified prefix to each pathname. The default prefix is dot Print only special files and files with set-user-ID mode (VxFS-specific option). Write the file size, in bytes, after each pathname. Write the owner's login name after each pathname. Echo the completed command line, but performs no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. Operands recognizes the following operand: special Name of a VxFS file system. EXAMPLES
List the pathnames and inumbers of all files in the file system Same as above, but suppress the printing of inumbers: List files on the same file system that have been modified in the last two days displaying the pathname, inumber, and owner's user name List all files on the same file system, including the pathname and inumber of each file, that were last accessed more than 30 days ago Find all pathnames associated with inodes and Execute the command on a VxFS file system FILES
Static information about the file systems. SEE ALSO
find(1), ff(1M), ncheck_vxfs(1M), fstab(4). ff_vxfs(1M)