Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: warning message in SAM
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers warning message in SAM Post 79886 by mhbd on Monday 1st of August 2005 11:57:45 PM
Old 08-02-2005
Java warning message in SAM

On running ‘Disk Devices’ tools under ‘Disks and File Systems’ option of System Administration Manager (SAM) in our UNIX Server (HP 9000 running HPUX B.11.11 U) a warning message appeared. The message that appeared reads as follows

“The Logical Volume Manager shows this device file, /dev/dsk/c5t0d5, with hardware path, 0/4/0/0.1.3.0.0.0.5, as belonging to volume Group, vgvedas. SAM has determined that this hardware path is not currently active because either the device is disconnected, or this is not the Primary path to a multiple path physical volume. This results in incorrect disk utilization information in the disk devices and volume group list.”

Can anyone help to identify why this error message appeared and how to solve the problem?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Warning message ioctl

Has anyone over seen this message on bootup? When booting up, I get: " Warning: lckdioctl: unknown ioctl cmd:5 ". It scrolls down the screen 5 - 10 times, the I finally get a login. It is also posting to my syslog file. The system came up, but I am still getting the message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diana
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Warning Message.

I have had trouble with my PC, due to construction failure I from my dealer or a power-blast over the net I had a broken MotherBoard, CPU and Memory, So I had to get new ones. Now I'm having a 2000Mhz CPU an ASUS P4S... {I think it's P4S500} and new DDR- memory My PC gives a warning-message... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silver
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

warning message

I have received a warning message, does anyone know what this means? warning: userdel processing continues resource: /var/opt1k/sco/unix/5.0.6 Ga/etx/group-t could not be allocated due to : cannot securly create new file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qphillips
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Warning message ?

Hi, I wrote a ftp script to get some files from one server. So files transer is working properly. But I observed following Warning message for every transaction, Can somebod give me explanation to this Warning message? I am confused? 109516 bytes received in 0.066 seconds (1659333 bytes/s)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to eliminate a warning message

Hi all, I'm trying to run this command in a script: utenti_conn=`ssh $MYUSER@$MYTRAP01IP sudo cat /opt/accenture/trapwriter/data/TMDVOD\-1\-\`date \+\%Y\%m\%d\`\* /opt/accenture/trapwriter/data/TMDBTV\-1\-\`date \+\%Y\%m\%d\`\*|awk -F'|' '{print $7}'|sort |uniq|wc -l` and in output I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: idro
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System Shutdown Warning Using SAM

Bump to questions thread, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MINICooperS
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Location Of SAM 5min Shutdown Warning

Posted this question in another segment by error, but here goes. Lost my notes on the location of the 5min shutdown warning when using SAM. I set my single user system to 0mins so I don't have to keep backspacing out the 5mins and changing it to 0mins. Thanks (Located my old notes by accident,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MINICooperS
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Warning message in HP-UNIX

Hi, After i exit from crontab file using Esc+wq, i get a message like " warning: commands will be executed using /usr/bin/sh " Can somebody tell me what it means ? Thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
9 Replies
SAM_INITIALIZE(3)				    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 				 SAM_INITIALIZE(3)

NAME
sam_initialize - Initialize health checking SYNOPSIS
#include <corosync/sam.h> cs_error_t sam_initialize (int time_interval, sam_recovery_policy_t recovery_policy); DESCRIPTION
The sam_initialize function is used to initialize health checking of a process. Application can have only one instance of SAM. This function must be called before any other of SAM functions. It is recommended to ini- tialize before the process begins any process initialization. The time_interval parameter is a timeout in milliseconds before taking recovery action after having not received a healthcheck. If time_interval parameter is zero, there is no time limit and no healthcheck must be sent by the process. In this operational mode, a process failure will continue to execute the recovery policy. The recovery_policy is defined as type: typedef enum { SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUIT = 1, SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_RESTART = 2, } sam_recovery_policy_t; where SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUIT on failure, the process will terminate. SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_RESTART on failure, the process will restart. To perform event driven healthchecking, sam_register(3) and sam_start(3) functions must called. Event driven healthchecking causes the duplicate standby process running the SAM serve rto periodically request healthchecks from the active process. RETURN VALUE
This call return CS_OK value if successful, otherwise and error is returned. ERRORS
CS_ERR_BAD_HANDLE can happened in case of double initialization. CS_ERR_INVALID_PARAM recovery_policy has invalid value. SEE ALSO
sam_register(3), sam_start(3), sam_hc_callback_register(3) corosync Man Page 12/01/2009 SAM_INITIALIZE(3)