Sponsored Content
UNIX Standards and Benchmarks UNIX & LINUX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) Linux Benchmarks Dual Xeon 2.6, RedHat EL 4 ES, up to latest release version. 2.6.9 kernel Post 79827 by Garp on Monday 1st of August 2005 10:01:26 AM
Old 08-01-2005
Included optimised run details.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual boot Redhat with Windows 2k or XP

I know this is a common question, but.... I am working on 2 seperate computers. Each machine has one hdd. I want to Install Redhat with Win2k on one machine, and Redhat with Xp on the other. I know there are some issues with the install sequence to get Grub to work with both, but I am a little... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DUAL BOOT redhat linux 7.3 - W2K

Hi, i know a little bit of Unix, but not a whole lot. I have a PC with W2K running on it. I want to install redhat Linux 7.3 as new OS in dual boot. do I need to install a boot manager like system commander or does the linux install detects other OS'es and create a dual boot 4 me (like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxthree
4 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Dell Dual Xeon PowerEdge 4600

Notes: System Configuration: Dell Computer Corporation PowerEdge 4600 (4 X Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.00GHz 1988.782 MHz) hyperthreaded System clock frequency: 99.0827 MHz Memory size (approximate): 2559 Megabytes ========================= CPUs ======================== CPU # CPU... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

4. Linux Benchmarks

HP DL 360 Xeon 2.4 Ghz - RedHat AS 2.1

CPU/Speed: Xeon 2.4 GHz Ram:2512M Motherboard: Bus:533 Mhz Cache: Controller: Disk: Load: Kernel: RedHat AS 2.1 - 2.4.9-e.27smp Kernel ELF?: pgms: BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- Linux lnxdev 2.4.9-e.27smp #1 SMP Tue Aug 5 15:49:54 EDT 2003 i686 unknown ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lescalp
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

XP -- Redhat Dual Boot

Hi guys! Need some help here.....trying to install Redhat 8.0 on a laptop that is already running WinXP. Have made a partition with partition magic but when I try to install Linux it just stops at the check partition/ check hard-drive stage. It has happened on two different laptops of different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syrex
1 Replies

6. Linux

Optimized Linux 2.6.10 Kernel for Dual Xeon with Hyperthreading

Anyone have tips on configuring the 2.6.10 kernel to take full advantage of dual 2.4 Ghz Xeons? I'm not getting expected benchmark results.... and seemingly was better off with a single 2600+ AMD processor. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

7. Linux Benchmarks

Dual Intel Xeon 2.4Ghz - Linux 2.4.26 SMP

System: CPU/Speed: Dual Intel Xeon 2.4Ghz Ram: 2 GB DDR 266 SDRAM Motherboard: SuperMicro X5DE8-GG Bus: 533MHz/400MHz system bus - Cache: 512KB HD Controller: EIDE Serverworks™ GC-SL Chipset Extra GCC compiler flags: -s... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

8. Linux Benchmarks

HP ML 350 dual Xeon 3.2GHz

CPU: dual Xeon 3.2 GHz Ram: 1Gig Motherboard: Bus: 800MHz Cache: 1MB Controller:Smart Array 641 Disk: UltraSCSI 320 Load: Kernel:2.6.9-1.667smp Kernel ELF?: yes pgms: compiled with gcc 3.4.3 BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- Linux ford 2.6.9-1.667smp #1 SMP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
0 Replies

9. Linux

Supermicro(dual core) server getting rebooted after "decompressing the kernel;booting the kernel" me

supermicro(dual core) server getting rebooted after "decompressing the kernel;booting the kernel" message comes. I tried giving acpi=off to the kernel command line but same problem.It shows everything ok and no problem with memory and processors and power supplies.Wt could be the reason? It has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

10. Debian

how to find out the kernel version of a particular debian release ?

Is there any metrics table available somewhere listing out, which kernel version is there in particular debian release ? Also, can somebody tell which debian release is having the kernel version 2.6.26 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thegeek
1 Replies
PERLCC(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						 PERLCC(1)

NAME
perlcc - generate executables from Perl programs SYNOPSIS
$ perlcc hello # Compiles into executable 'a.out' $ perlcc -o hello hello.pl # Compiles into executable 'hello' $ perlcc -O file # Compiles using the optimised C backend $ perlcc -B file # Compiles using the bytecode backend $ perlcc -c file # Creates a C file, 'file.c' $ perlcc -S -o hello file # Creates a C file, 'file.c', # then compiles it to executable 'hello' $ perlcc -c out.c file # Creates a C file, 'out.c' from 'file' $ perlcc -e 'print q//' # Compiles a one-liner into 'a.out' $ perlcc -c -e 'print q//' # Creates a C file 'a.out.c' $ perlcc -I /foo hello # extra headers (notice the space after -I) $ perlcc -L /foo hello # extra libraries (notice the space after -L) $ perlcc -r hello # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out', runs 'a.out'. $ perlcc -r hello a b c # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out', runs 'a.out'. # with arguments 'a b c' $ perlcc hello -log c # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out' logs compile # log into 'c'. DESCRIPTION
perlcc creates standalone executables from Perl programs, using the code generators provided by the B module. At present, you may either create executable Perl bytecode, using the "-B" option, or generate and compile C files using the standard and 'optimised' C backends. The code generated in this way is not guaranteed to work. The whole codegen suite ("perlcc" included) should be considered very experimen- tal. Use for production purposes is strongly discouraged. OPTIONS
-Llibrary directories Adds the given directories to the library search path when C code is passed to your C compiler. -Iinclude directories Adds the given directories to the include file search path when C code is passed to your C compiler; when using the Perl bytecode option, adds the given directories to Perl's include path. -o output file name Specifies the file name for the final compiled executable. -c C file name Create C code only; do not compile to a standalone binary. -e perl code Compile a one-liner, much the same as "perl -e '...'" -S Do not delete generated C code after compilation. -B Use the Perl bytecode code generator. -O Use the 'optimised' C code generator. This is more experimental than everything else put together, and the code created is not guaran- teed to compile in finite time and memory, or indeed, at all. -v Increase verbosity of output; can be repeated for more verbose output. -r Run the resulting compiled script after compiling it. -log Log the output of compiling to a file rather than to stdout. perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 PERLCC(1)