Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO System hangs on data compression Post 79737 by tayyabq8 on Sunday 31st of July 2005 01:14:13 AM
Old 07-31-2005
Dear RTM,

I have checked with my 3rd party vendor, they have told me to make /home/compdir larger, would you please help me in this, because i don't have any idea, following is the partition table....

$ df -kl
filesystem kbytes used avail capacity mounted on
/dev/root 6474195 1351927 5122268 21% /
/dev/stand 24097 5721 18376 24% /stand
/proc 0 0 0 0% /proc
/dev/fd 0 0 0 0% /dev/fd
/dev/dsk/c0b0t0d0s4 10241437 5146527 5094910 51% /home
/dev/dsk/c0b0t1d0sc 17422492 11702259 5720233 68% /home2
/processorfs 0 0 0 0% /system/processor
/dev/_tcp 0 0 0 0% /dev/_tcp

Please guide me steps how can i increase /home partition size. Your help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Tayyab

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Pulling a drive on RAID1 hangs system

I'm setting up a server with software RAID1, and everything is working perfectly, except that when I pull either of the drives, the system completely hangs and has to be rebooted. The computer is a Tyan Transport GX28, which is alleged to have hot-swappable SATA. I can fail a drive and the system... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

system hangs in case of driver

hi, i am working on device drivers in linux kernel-2.6.11. Distribution is Mandrake-10.2. Basically i have to port the driver from kernel-2.4 to kernel-2.6.11. My system hangs,when ever an application calls select. Basically the kernel code for select, contains only 2 apis void poll_wait... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
0 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 8 hangs and data access error on reboot

Hi using solaris 5.8 on UltraSPARC-IIi 360MHz. I know it is an old hardware but similiar hardware is running fine. here is the issue, System booted : works okay for some time then display was hung so system was rebooted ..it gave data access error. again rebooted and it came up... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
6 Replies

4. Solaris

System hangs

Hi, today when i started the OS Sun Solaris 10 it hangs on initialization. Following was shown in the end of the screen Initializing system Please wait.... * Please help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check hardware data compression

Hi, I'm looking to check the compression ratio applied by hardware to work out how much free space we have on tapes. mt -f /dev/rmt0 status shows: If I add up the output of the du command and what we backup from the script, it gives me the total space we tape up. So the plan was to find the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rab
4 Replies

6. Solaris

System hangs (freezes) on system bell/beep

I am running OpenIndiana development version oi_148 32-bit on a seven-year-old Dell Inspiron 8600. Seems to be running fine except for one particular annoyance: It freezes whenever a system bell/beep plays. I have mitigated this by turning the system bell off in gnome-terminal, which I use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeadBadger
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Linux system hangs giving ntp errors

Hi folks, I am facing issue of my system (host1) getting hanged after throwing following ntpd messages. I am not able to ssh to the server there after. only option is to restart the host: Dec 29 02:58:51 host1 ntpd: time reset -0.207907 s Dec 29 02:58:51 host1 ntpd: synchronisation lost Dec 29... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SiddhV
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 system hangs

Solaris 10 (Sun V210) System hangs every couple of months. Have to go into ALOM to reset. I did a consolehistory report and seen this in it. Failed to exec inetd_start method of instance svc:/network/bootps/udp:default: I/O error WARNING: /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2 (glm0): Resetting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joeentech
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

system freezes / hangs

Hi, We're using - openldap-2.3.43-12.el5_6.5 nss_ldap-253-25.el5 on RHEL-5.5 Intermittently the entire system hangs, no message is present in any of the log files, login to the system fails, ssh fails, ping fails, the only way to recover is to hard-boot the system. We consulted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheRock
3 Replies
holidays(4)							   File Formats 						       holidays(4)

NAME
holidays - prime/nonprime table for the accounting system SYNOPSIS
/etc/acct/holidays DESCRIPTION
The /etc/acct/holidays file describes which hours are considered prime time and which days are holidays. Holidays and weekends are con- sidered non-prime time hours. /etc/acct/holidays is used by the accounting system. All lines beginning with an "*" are comments. The /etc/acct/holidays file consists of two sections. The first non-comment line defines the current year and the start time of prime and non-prime time hours, in the form: current_year prime_start non_prime_start The remaining non-comment lines define the holidays in the form: month/day company_holiday Of these two fields, only the month/day is actually used by the accounting system programs. The /etc/acct/holidays file must be updated each year. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of the /etc/acct/holidays file. The following is an example of the /etc/acct/holidays file: * Prime/Nonprime Table for the accounting system * * Curr Prime Non-Prime * Year Start Start * 1991 0830 1800 * * only the first column (month/day) is significant. * * month/day Company Holiday * 1/1 New Years Day 5/30 Memorial Day 7/4 Indep. Day 9/5 Labor Day 11/24 Thanksgiving Day 11/25 day after Thanksgiving 12/25 Christmas 12/26 day after Christmas SEE ALSO
acct(1M) SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 1991 holidays(4)