Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting match a pattern, print it and the next line Post 79607 by vino on Friday 29th of July 2005 12:59:54 AM
Old 07-29-2005
I think it is still the same.

How about this ?

sed -n -e '/^Q:.*/p' nbu_faq.txt > file1.txt
cp nbu_faq.txt file2.txt

Then look at file1.txt and file2.txt and let me know if that is what you wanted.

This is what I got

Code:
[~/temp]$ cat ny.txt
Q: What is nbu?
A: blablabla...
Q: What is blablabla...?
Q: Why ....?

[~/temp]$ sed -n -e '/^Q:.*/p' ny.txt

[~/temp]$ cp ny.txt file.2
[~/temp]$ cat file.2

Vino

Last edited by vino; 07-29-2005 at 02:52 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

match a pattern and print the line once

Hi, I have a xml file <cisco:name> <cisco:mdNm>Cisco Device 7500 A Series</cisco:mdNm> <cisco:meNm>10.1.100.19</cisco:meNm> <cisco:ehNm>/shelf=1</cisco:ehNm> <cisco:subname> <cisco:meNm>10.1.100.19</cisco:meNm> <cisco:sptp>Cisco PortA Series</cisco:sptp> ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagirathi
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search word in a line and print earlier pattern match

Hi All, I have almost 1000+ files and I want to search specific pattern. Looking forwarded your input. Search for: word1.word2 (Which procedure contain this word, I need procedure name in output. Expected output: procedure test1 procedure test2 procedure test3 procedure test4 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: susau_79
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MATCH A PATTERN AND PRINT A LINE ABOVE AND BELOW

Dear All, Hv a very specific requirement. I have a very large text file and in which I have to match a pattern and insert a line above and below. Eg: My file cat test date1 date2 date3 date4 I need to match 'date3' and insert "Reminder1" above date3 and insert 'reminder2'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokulj
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Line if next line Match a pattern

Hi All, Does anyone know how to print 1H1A....... in peal script print line ^1H1A....... if next line equal 5R0RECEIPT.... Thank for help:D Cat st.txt 1H1A-IN-11-5410-0009420|1010047766|dsds|1|N|IN|IN|000000|1||N|<<<line match 5R0RECEIPT| 5R0RECEIPT|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittiwas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print pattern match line and following lines

Data: Pattern Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data ... With awk, how do I print the pattern matching line, then the subsequent lines following the pattern matching line. Varying number of lines following the pattern matching line. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmesserly
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only next pattern in a line after a pattern match

I have 2013-06-11 23:55:14 1Umexd-0004cm-IG <= user@domain.com I need sed/awk operation on this, so that it should print the very next pattern only after the the pattern mach <= ie only print user@domain.com (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern match and print the output in a single line

I need to match two patterns in a log file and need to get the next line of the one of the pattern (out of two patterns) that is matched, finally need to print these three values in a single line. Sample Log: 2013/06/11 14:29:04 <0999> (725102) Processing batch 02_1231324 2013/06/11... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match pattern and print the line number of occurence using awk

Hi, I have a simple problem but i guess stupid enough to figure it out. i have thousands rows of data. and i need to find match patterns of two columns and print the number of rows. for example: inputfile abd abp 123 abc abc 325 ndc ndc 451 mjk lkj... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex: print matched line and exact pattern match

Hi experts, I have a file with regexes which is used for automatic searches on several files (40+ GB). To do some postprocessing with the grep result I need the matching line as well as the match itself. I know that the latter could be achieved with grep's -o option. But I'm not aware of a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies
LR_DEANONYMIZE.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation				      LR_DEANONYMIZE.IN(1)

NAME
lr_deanonymize - restore anonymized data, using a dump as produced by lr_anonymize(1) SYNOPSIS
lr_deanonymize dumpfilestem DESCRIPTION
lr_deanonymize is typically used when receiving anonymized reports from a responder. See the section on "Processing The Responder's Results" in the chapter on "Using A Responder" in the Lire User Manual for usage examples. lr_deanonymize reads a file containing anonymized emailaddresses, ipnumbers, and hostnames (typically a report, generated from a logfile from an internet service) from stdin, and prints a "deanonymized" version of this file to stdout. It reads its information to do this from a bunch of Berkeley DB's, stored in files whose's names are derived from dumpfilestem, as produced by lr_anonymize(1). EXAMPLE
A 'logfile' like e.g. blaat fkrf 1.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] pietje@bigcompany.com bla 1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat 1.2.3.4 fkrf 3.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] bla 1 www.hotsex.com 2 3 lj;agas;gag jan@blaat.frut.com agagag blaat fkrf 4.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] bla pietje@bigcompany.com www.hotsex.com 234.34.2.0 jan@blaat.frut.com 4.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat fkrf tweede 3.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa] bla 1.2.3.4 1 blablabla.com 2 mdcc.cx 3 lj;agas;gag wil get anonymized to blaat fkrf 1.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] john.doe.1@example.com bla 1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat 10.0.0.1 fkrf 2.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] bla 1 1.example.com 2 3 lj;agas;gag john.doe.2@example.com agagag blaat fkrf 3.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] bla john.doe.1@example.com 1.example.com 10.0.0.2 john.doe.2@example.com 3.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa1 2 3 lj;agas;gag blaat fkrf tweede 2.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa] bla 10.0.0.1 1 2.example.com 2 3.example.com 3 lj;agas;gag The dump will look like ip 234.34.2.0 10.0.0.2 ip 1.2.3.4 10.0.0.1 inaddr 3.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa 2.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa inaddr 1.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa 1.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa inaddr 4.2.3.4.in-addr.arpa 3.0.0.10.in-addr.arpa domain mdcc.cx 3.example.com domain blablabla.com 2.example.com domain www.hotsex.com 1.example.com email jan@blaat.frut.com john.doe.2@example.com email pietje@bigcompany.com john.doe.1@example.com SEE ALSO
lr_anonymize(1) VERSION
$Id: lr_deanonymize.in,v 1.4 2006/07/23 13:16:32 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. AUTHOR
Joost van Baal <joostvb@logreport.org> Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_DEANONYMIZE.IN(1)