Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Batch file update
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Batch file update Post 7958 by cfoxwell on Thursday 4th of October 2001 04:50:43 AM
Old 10-04-2001
Bug

Thanks,

Your solution worked a treat...

Many thanks for that.. One for my handy unix comands book I me thinks..

You have just saved me having to do 20.000 rows..

:-)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

batch file

my requirment is i have to call a batch file from a c++ program that batch file is called with the argument as print.txt print.txt is a text file which should get printed on printer (any printer) when a batch file call is made 1) how to call a batch file in c++ 2) how to print the text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramneek
1 Replies

2. Programming

batch file

what is a command to call a batch file from a c++ program when called with the argument which is a text file, then how to print that text file on a printer. please help me with code if possible (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneek
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet in batch file

hi how can i connect to a telnet session using the unix script... need to create a batch file which has to run daily. first it has to telnet to a IP then execute certain commands and log the session. thanks Aemu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Batch file question

EDIT: Is this wrong thread? Hi I am on an Apple Mac and I am trying to run this batch file on my Mac and was wondering if anyone could tell me what a script that will make this run and work on my Mac. I was hoping that you could tell me the script in the shell format? So here's the batch... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Billy5555100
4 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Creating a batch file..

Hello, this is my first post and i hope you can solve my problem. I need to create a batch file that will copy folder from hard drive on to usb stick on daily basis. Can you help me and write that file and explaine me what to do next. Folder's location is: c\windows\desktop\2009 Thank... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hule
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch file to remove double quotes from a file

Hi I have to create a windows batch file which will read an input file and remove "double quotes" from each line of the file. For eg.If input file name is abcd.csv and contents is : "asasd,123123,213213,asd" "esfrf,dsfsdf,234324,sdfsdf" Then the batch file should remove "" from the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

batch file

Hi all I am using tru64 Unix and I want a ready batch file which makes me to change all user passwords at the same time ,instead of changing everyone separately. Please could anyone help me to do that. bye. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedbashir
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file in batch

Hi guys, I need a script to change the file names e.g.:- below are the mentioned files, i want t0 change the last character of the name 00000.cdr with e.g bep01.smsc.191214210500-00000.cdr to bep01.smsc.191214210500-92311.cdr next file be like bep01.smsc.191214210500-92312.cdr # ls -ltr... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfaizan40
9 Replies
CGELS(l)								 )								  CGELS(l)

NAME
CGELS - solve overdetermined or underdetermined complex linear systems involving an M-by-N matrix A, or its conjugate-transpose, using a QR or LQ factorization of A SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE CGELS( TRANS, M, N, NRHS, A, LDA, B, LDB, WORK, LWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER TRANS INTEGER INFO, LDA, LDB, LWORK, M, N, NRHS COMPLEX A( LDA, * ), B( LDB, * ), WORK( * ) PURPOSE
CGELS solves overdetermined or underdetermined complex linear systems involving an M-by-N matrix A, or its conjugate-transpose, using a QR or LQ factorization of A. It is assumed that A has full rank. The following options are provided: 1. If TRANS = 'N' and m >= n: find the least squares solution of an overdetermined system, i.e., solve the least squares problem minimize || B - A*X ||. 2. If TRANS = 'N' and m < n: find the minimum norm solution of an underdetermined system A * X = B. 3. If TRANS = 'C' and m >= n: find the minimum norm solution of an undetermined system A**H * X = B. 4. If TRANS = 'C' and m < n: find the least squares solution of an overdetermined system, i.e., solve the least squares problem minimize || B - A**H * X ||. Several right hand side vectors b and solution vectors x can be handled in a single call; they are stored as the columns of the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B and the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. ARGUMENTS
TRANS (input) CHARACTER = 'N': the linear system involves A; = 'C': the linear system involves A**H. M (input) INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N (input) INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. A (input/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. if M >= N, A is overwritten by details of its QR factorization as returned by CGEQRF; if M < N, A is overwritten by details of its LQ factorization as returned by CGELQF. LDA (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B (input/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the matrix B of right hand side vectors, stored columnwise; B is M-by-NRHS if TRANS = 'N', or N-by-NRHS if TRANS = 'C'. On exit, B is overwritten by the solution vectors, stored columnwise: if TRANS = 'N' and m >= n, rows 1 to n of B contain the least squares solution vectors; the residual sum of squares for the solution in each column is given by the sum of squares of elements N+1 to M in that column; if TRANS = 'N' and m < n, rows 1 to N of B contain the minimum norm solution vectors; if TRANS = 'C' and m >= n, rows 1 to M of B contain the minimum norm solution vectors; if TRANS = 'C' and m < n, rows 1 to M of B contain the least squares solution vectors; the residual sum of squares for the solution in each column is given by the sum of squares of elements M+1 to N in that column. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= MAX(1,M,N). WORK (workspace/output) COMPLEX array, dimension (LWORK) On exit, if INFO = 0, WORK(1) returns the optimal LWORK. LWORK (input) INTEGER The dimension of the array WORK. LWORK >= max( 1, MN + max( MN, NRHS ) ). For optimal performance, LWORK >= max( 1, MN + max( MN, NRHS )*NB ). where MN = min(M,N) and NB is the optimum block size. If LWORK = -1, then a workspace query is assumed; the routine only calculates the optimal size of the WORK array, returns this value as the first entry of the WORK array, and no error message related to LWORK is issued by XERBLA. INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 CGELS(l)